Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 82 83 84
By Blazed1979 2016-07-28 11:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Assad promises amnesty to rebels who surrender
hah! something must have been lost in translation, Asad must have confused "castration" with "amnesty".
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 11:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Trumpers strike me as somewhat short-sighted.

If I had to gauge by signs in my neighborhood, it's because most of his supporters aren't going to be alive in 8 years after dying of old age.
Most of the elderly I see here are scared to death of him. They're on Social Security retirement.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-28 11:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
More with the feels from Aman jeez man you're getting em all over the place lol... Please keep telling us how you feel at least it's entertaining watching you flail about if not a bit tiresome to watch you repeat it over and over again lol...

A meaningless taunt from the guy that just cried to KN

instead of actually addressing reality you just try to mock me? Typical response I guess...
Don't worry, in a few minutes Flavin will just disappear again for a few months, come back, flail away, and disappear again.

It's a vicious, but typical cycle.
You guys do hit that report button pretty hard when I come around... Always complaining to the mods lol...
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-07-28 11:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I think she needs 5%(?) of the vote, which is rough for a third party candidate

I think it's 15% now after the perot debacle. not 100% sure, but pretty sure.

It's 15% and she's not going to clear it.

Johnson might. He was at 13% a few weeks ago.
A Libertarian?

Maaaaaaaannnnnn...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-28 11:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The word does need to spread, though
This is why I keep mentioning her and Johnson. For all the bitching I see about the two famous candidates(which is not just this forum, as we all know), I really wish more people would seriously take into consideration the third and fourth way.

I don't like the defeatist way of seeing politics, people who think their vote won't matter and everything is already decided anyway. You will never change things with that mindset.

Ok Stein becoming president maybe is really out there, but think also of the repercussions that even a 15% vote could have. You could be paving the future for a more open political system that doesn't live only on two mamooths and that embraces more ideologies.

Meh.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 11:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The word does need to spread, though
This is why I keep mentioning her and Johnson. For all the bitching I see about the two famous candidates(which is not just this forum, as we all know), I really wish more people would seriously take into consideration the third and fourth way.

I don't like the defeatist way of seeing politics, people who think their vote won't matter and everything is already decided anyway. You will never change things with that mindset.

Ok Stein becoming president maybe is really out there, but think also of the repercussions that even a 15% vote could have. You could be paving the future for a more open political system that doesn't live only on two mamooths and that embraces more ideologies.

Meh.
The way US elections are currently set up, voting third party is a waste. If a Sanders voter votes third party, that's a vote Hillary isn't getting, in a way, it's a vote for Trump.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 11:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Which leads to another interesting conundrum.

IF neither Clinton nor Trump gets "50% plus 1" electoral votes for this election, thank's to Johnson, then the election is decided by the House of Representatives (current House, not incoming House). If they cannot decide by "50% plus 1" electoral votes, then it goes to the Supreme Court, which votes based purely by affiliation. However, the Supreme Court is 4 v. 4 at the moment, so there goes that then.

On the House votes, they decide by the 3 most "winning" candidates of the current election (which, in this case, Trump/Clinton/Johnson) and 2 of the "winning" candidates for VP.

If neither the House nor the Supreme Court can decide, I don't know what comes next.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

IF neither Clinton nor Trump gets "50% plus 1" electoral votes for this election, thank's to Johnson, then the election is decided by the House of Representatives (current House, not incoming House). If they cannot decide by "50% plus 1" electoral votes, then it goes to the Supreme Court, which votes based purely by affiliation. However, the Supreme Court is 4 v. 4 at the moment, so there goes that then.

On the House votes, they decide by the 3 most "winning" candidates of the current election (which, in this case, Trump/Clinton/Johnson) and 2 of the "winning" candidates for VP.

If neither the House nor the Supreme Court can decide, I don't know what comes next.
American Idol.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 11:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

American Idol.
FUCK NO!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-07-28 11:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-28 11:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I still would have rather seen Kasich vs. Sanders.
President Rubio. Get used to saying that.
Never 4get.

Also poor Mosin.

I DIDN'T SAY WHICH YEAR!!!
By Ramyrez 2016-07-28 11:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hand-to-hand combat. No substitutions.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-28 11:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

More with the feels from Aman jeez man you're getting em all over the place lol... Please keep telling us how you feel at least it's entertaining watching you flail about if not a bit tiresome to watch you repeat it over and over again lol...

instead of actually addressing reality you just try to mock me? Typical response I guess...
More feels Aman? Comfort... It'll be alright buddy... Why don't you just tell us again about how Hillary is a crook and how upset you are she's not behind bars where she belongs?

Wow he's getting sassy isn't he?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-28 11:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No holds barred, no tactics disallowed.

Naked.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-07-28 11:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I DIDN'T SAY WHICH YEAR!!!

psssshhhh.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 11:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

In that case, my money is on Trump.

I mean, his hair can take out an entire city, let alone a frail weak old fart.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 11:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Naked.

Are you happy? I just puked in my mouth.

Naked bag of flesh vs. Naked spray-on tan....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-28 11:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Naked.

Are you happy? I just puked in my mouth.

Naked bag of flesh vs. Naked spray-on tan....

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2016-07-28 11:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***. Decided I wanted to listen to some Mudvayne, pulled them up on Spotify.

I like Lost & Found as an album in general, but "Happy?" Has over twice as many listens as "Dig" (that is 16.7M v. 7.7M)?

That's crazy to me.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-28 11:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicanbot 5000

AS LONG AS HE WAS ASSEMBLED IN THE U.S.

Hecho en Mexico it is! Thanks NAFTA!

Back reading is funzies
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-28 11:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Republicanbot 5000

AS LONG AS HE WAS ASSEMBLED IN THE U.S.

Hecho en Mexico it is! Thanks NAFTA!

Back reading is funzies

No, see, because if we allow Mexican-built robots I'm 100% Voting for Bender Bending Rodriguez. KILL ALL HUMANS.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 11:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

KILL ALL HUMANS.
That's a platform I can agree with.

/puts on robot suit.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-28 11:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

More feels Aman? Comfort... It'll be alright buddy... Why don't you just tell us again about how Hillary is a crook and how upset you are she's not behind bars where she belongs?

Wow he's getting sassy isn't he?
I gots to when we're using words like sassy in here... Lol...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-28 11:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

voting third party is a waste
It's not. Giving up is.
This is what really upsets me when it's elections time. Vote with your conscience, not what others would or wouldn't do.

If Stein is the right person for you it doesn't matter if yours is the only vote she gets, you did the right thing.

And same for Johnson, that weird guy with the cowboy hat and all of the rest that I have no clue who they are.

Left and right I see boo worst election ever. Then *** change, don't just passively take it. For all the stupid ***Lordgrim says on one thing he's right, don't just settle for something you don't like, be active and do your part to change it if that's what you want. It might be minor, it might not work, but that is doing the right thing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not. Giving up is.
This is what really upsets me when it's elections time. Vote with your conscience, not what others would or wouldn't do.
That is where you don't understand about American politics.

This is a 2 party system. Voting for a 3rd party is a waste, because no matter what happens, the general population will only vote R or D.

Italy has a multiple party system, where the PM is elected not by the people, but by the party in power. Kindof like how our Speaker of the House and House Majority Leader is appointed. The only difference is the type of power both of those people have vs. what a PM has.

You are comparing Apples to Oranges here.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-28 11:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a 2 party system. Voting for a 3rd party is a waste, because no matter what happens, the general population will only vote R or D.
This is where we agree.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-28 12:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinton didn't even go on trial. FBI decided, for political purposes only, to not prosecute her.

Only if you assume they're lying. Which is your right. But they clearly stated they felt evidence was not sufficient to take a case to trial and reasonably expect they could argue for a conviction.

Again. You're entitled to say that's *** and assume it was political.

But then you've got to prosecute the FBI too.
Comey practically spelled out the laws she broke, but he also said because there was no intent, he recommended no charges to be filed.

If that's not an excuse for political reasons, then you really need to take your blinders off.

He was incorrect in his interpretation of the statue (especially when compared to its uses in previous cases). The same law has previously been used to prosecute individuals who also had no "intent" to break the law. Breaking the law without intent is usually refereed to as negligence or gross negligence or even incompetence. Comey just did it because the justice system is corrupt, and the only way Hillary can get elected is if she cheats.

(what a crowning achievement for women)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-28 12:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If it wasn't in the FBI's jurisdiction, I would have thought somebody else would have pressed charges by now.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-28 12:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary is gonna bomb tonight. Who's calling what times post speech before her voice turns into that shrill "will someone please bury my wife 6 feet underground" sheeking thing she does?

I'm guessing 15 minutes.

Probably at least one extended coughing fit and maybe a seizure as well could creep into the performance.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 82 83 84