New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mythic WS's - Unlocking a myth
Mythic WS's - Unlocking a myth
By Corfios 2016-07-08 12:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya there!
So I haven't seen any other forums that have a list of what mythic weaponskills are worthwhile unlocking and which ones aren't. So I was wondering what your thoughts are on which mythic weaponskills are worth unlocking?
I've unlocked Samurai's, which isn't terrible, if for no other reason just for skill chains.
I've done Dancer's quest for Pyrric Kleos, which was definitely worth while.
I've done Mnk, which was... meh not bad, hits hard sometimes.
And I've done Paladin, which was a waste of time, lol.
Which other ones are worthwhile, in your opinions?
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-08 12:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaden Salute is a solid WS if geared for properly. Expiacion has nice Skillchain properties for BLU. Stringing Pummel is generally on-par/superior to Smite for PUP. DRK can do a strong 4 step Darkness using Mythic WS I think, though I may be confusing that with Quietus....

most Mythic WS are not really all that great these days, some never were period. I would love to see SE pull their head out of their collective anus and remove the attack penalty from Drakesbane, but they have continually shown they have zero idea how to buff jobs in parity to others.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-08 12:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I would unlock all of them as not unlocking them means you are limiting yourself in your WS department and the SC department. There's really no reason to do that, especially with a 250 disc; it literally takes less than an hour with Ayame by your side and then you can store away that WS until it means something. Knowing SE, they will make them super badass and then you'll have to do it later anyways.

If I were to rank them, though, I'd definitely say Leaden Salute, Myrkr, and Pyrric Kleos are some amazing abilities and are some of the best to get.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-07-08 12:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Most honestly need that 30% bonus that iLv119 mythic weapons give to their respective weaponskills to compete in terms of raw damage. Is that a fast, hard rule? Certainly not, and some shine in specific circumstances (Trueflight builds come to mind).

To the comment above, Myrkr is an Empyrean WS-a necessary one, but not a mythic WS.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-08 12:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Most honestly need that 30% bonus that iLv119 mythic weapons give to their respective weaponskills to compete in terms of raw damage. Is that a fast, hard rule? Certainly not, and some shine in specific circumstances (Trueflight builds come to mind).

To the comment above, Myrkr is an Empyrean WS-a necessary one, but not a mythic WS.

my bad.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-08 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mystic Boon is pretty useful for WHM, if you like to melee, never run out of MP with that in your pocket.
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-07-08 12:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Mystic Boon is pretty useful for WHM, if you like to melee, never run out of MP with that in your pocket.

Yes indeed. As a WHM that enjoys DD'ing, it's a great asset WS to have.
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2016-07-08 12:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Trueflight for RNG is on par with Leaden for COR, it's just a light property rather than darkness. Can really dish out some damage with it.

Garland of Bliss for SMN allows you to chain Darkness, but it's not as necessary if you have Shattersoul.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-08 14:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While some are flat out terrible for damage, increasing SC options can be very useful. You might feel like Atonement was a waste of time, but consider that it doesn't miss and has Fusion/Reverberation. In high level fights where you're using Immanence, Atonement, along with RLB and Seraph Blade, can be used to save a stratagem for your SCH.

Atonement, Mandalic Stab, Primal Rend, and Tachi: Rana give PLD, THF, BST, and SAM the unique quality of having all four level 2 SC properties (though RDM and DRG can achieve this if they use relic weapons). I don't know how Primal Rend and Rana do, but Mandalic is decent enough to use without losing much damage, and for Vajra owners, it regularly outperforms Rudra's Storm.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-07-08 15:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they change these so that you just need the weapon, and the point requirement is identical regardless of floors? No real reason not to get them IMO.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-08 15:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Didn't they change these so that you just need the weapon, and the point requirement is identical regardless of floors? No real reason not to get them IMO.
Yep, though you'd still need to climb for the KI to make a mythic if it's what you intended. Equipping a mythic despite not unlocking the WS via quest will grant you the WS, as well.