The New Ambuscade Isnt Easy ......

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » the new ambuscade isnt easy ......
the new ambuscade isnt easy ......
First Page 2 3 4

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-05 15:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Try piercing dmg
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-07-05 15:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the June version update thread.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-05 15:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior and Blue mage both have the ability to destroy all the adds and the main boss with ease.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-05 16:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Warrior and Blue

Best setup is RNG/WAR/GEO/RDM/COR/Tank
1 minute 57 seconds entire run

COR and RNG are #1 - each does incredibly high ws and white dmg on main boss.

WAR: Can OBLITERATE all the adds, except the Apkallu. 1 True flight and leaden salute one shot them anyways.
But you need to actually have good weapons and skills in club and polearm + their respective weaponskills unlocked.
By Draylo 2016-07-05 16:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone change to Warrior!!!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-05 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Everyone change to Warrior!!!
Most won't have anything other than GA, Axe, Sword capped - if even that.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-05 16:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 6 boxing D in about 3 4 minutes WAR RDM BRD WHM COR GEO. Not even changing weapons just Ukos all the things. With the setup I have can do VD fine just takes too long, opt not to.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-07-05 16:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I've never done Ambuscade so I wouldn't know, no more friends on the game, probably close to just cancelling sub
By Blazed1979 2016-07-05 16:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop your WHM for a RNG and it will be a 1 minute fight
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 17:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
True flight and leaden salute one shot them anyways.
But you need to actually have good weapons and skills in club and polearm + their respective weaponskills

We're down to 30s

Not a single BLU, RNG or THF in sight, *** the adds.

RUN Holds NM for as long as possible, our friend and we like having a tank around.
WAR Tomahawk, Savagery Warcry, SD spam
DRG Angon, SD spam
COR Chaos + Sams
NQ GEO Fury + Frailty
WHM Boost-DEX, our friend but could easily be healed by a RDM or SCH.

It just melts.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-07-05 17:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Eh I've never done Ambuscade so I wouldn't know, no more friends on the game, probably close to just cancelling sub

Move to Asura
By camaroz 2016-07-05 18:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't box specific jobs in for this. Sam as other jobs can do just fine, this was just with trusts...

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 18:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
True flight and leaden salute one shot them anyways.
But you need to actually have good weapons and skills in club and polearm + their respective weaponskills

We're down to 30s

Not a single BLU, RNG or THF in sight, *** the adds.

RUN Holds NM for as long as possible, our friend and we like having a tank around.
WAR Tomahawk, Savagery Warcry, SD spam
DRG Angon, SD spam
COR Chaos + Sams
NQ GEO Fury + Frailty
WHM Boost-DEX, our friend but could easily be healed by a RDM or SCH.

It just melts.
That sounds like overkill on attack buffs/debuffs, especially if your GEO is resetting BoG/EA/Dematerialize for boosted Frailty each fight. Could probably switch the Chaos Roll for Fighter's if you want to.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 18:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had our fastest kill tonight.

15s for the NM to die, it poped adds at 20% and died shortly afterward. This was with Bolster MSBR though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 18:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

camaroz said: »
Please don't box specific jobs in for this. Sam as other jobs can do just fine, this was just with trusts...

The cRatio cap is 3.75 and I want us to hit that, especially as we have both a DRG and me using a Polearm.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-05 18:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

would a regular warrior be effective for this nm? I have war leveled, and weapons skilled, but no real equip for it (i dont play war.) I only have left over stuff from drk, skirmish2 gear, that type of stuff. But my bst isnt doing as well as id hoped. (Tho i only had time to do one fight)
By camaroz 2016-07-05 18:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, ok I didn't single you out. However other jobs can do this easily also.
By Pantafernando 2016-07-05 18:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

And the gobs?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-05 19:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing around with them now. So far all I've learned is that killing the Don first makes the rest of the fight much more manageable as it locks out the bomber that spawns periodically. They still have access to "Divided We Fall" though. Have yet to experiment with all 4 up, but when there's only 2 their aura disappears when at least 15' yalms apart from each other and also greatly reduces their attack (the MNK starts hitting my RUN for 0 damage). Still wanting to confirm if when all 4 are up if they'll lose aura singularly or if they'll only lose aura when none of the gobs are near each other.

- Hear No Evil seems to be 6000 damage divided by how many players are in range of the move. EA/Scherzo does not block this move's damage, but Barrier Tusk does seem to reduce the damage. Periodically spawned bombers have so far only targeted our White Mage. Cause unknown.
- Immune to Troub/Night Lullaby.
- Don spams Diaga III but also has access to Ice Spikes and Haste II
- Deathbringer casts Absorb-Attri, Absorb-ACC, Absorb TP and Break, Endark II, Bind
- Incanter favors -ga III and T5 nukes
- Unknown what triggers "Divided We Fall" as its behavior has been inconsistent with us, but expect to die if it's used since it's AoE 1425x2-3 or 1500x2-3 damage (not exactly sure what causes the 75 damage difference) with no way to reduce its damage as far as we've experienced.
Edit: As the name suggests, separating them seems to prevent it. I had the idea that "We" was referring to the players. Derp.
- Deathbringer has high multi-attack, but low damage. Hits an Epeolatry RUN for ~30 damage with aura and 0 damage without aura.

Setup we've been using is RUN BLU BLU COR BRD WHM. Would be about 6 minute clears with no deaths using our current method, which is having the RUN hold the horde while the BLUs take them out one at a time in the order of Don > Incantor > Ravager > Deathbringer. Currently wanting to test how manageable they are if all 4 are separated since they seem to be weakened to a degree when they lose their aura.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-07-05 19:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What polearm are you guys using on Warrior? All I have on me is a blurred lance. I'm not sure if there are any higher damage options out there that aren't DRG or SAM exclusive.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 19:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
What polearm are you guys using on Warrior? All I have on me is a blurred lance. I'm not sure if there are any higher damage options out there that aren't DRG or SAM exclusive.

That's the best WAR can get. Most importantly you need a good 5/5 Stardiver set which is basically the same as resolution.
By Mookies 2016-07-05 19:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why isn't blu on this armor set?

Was going to resub but don't really feel like it after seeing BLU can't use the set.

Can someone post on official forums and ask why BLU isn't on there? I would but no sub = no post.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 19:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU has always been on Morrigan's, not Skadi.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-05 19:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it wasn't on the original Skadi either? <.<
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-05 20:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred is the only goddamn option.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-07-05 20:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the best WAR can get. Most importantly you need a good 5/5 Stardiver set which is basically the same as resolution.

5/5 would help, but the damage is still very nice without maxing it. Just about every weapon I use is oat during the tp phase and during weaponskills. SAM might need 5/5 for sure though.
By camaroz 2016-07-05 20:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure although I am 5/5 on sam however honestly fotia belt/gorget go. Everything else is literally the same as almost all sam ws
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 20:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 would help, but the damage is still very nice without maxing it. Just about every weapon I use is oat during the tp phase and during weaponskills. SAM might need 5/5 for sure though.

If your using OaT on WAR your doing it wrong.

camaroz said: »
Not sure although I am 5/5 on sam however honestly fotia belt/gorget go. Everything else is literally the same as almost all sam ws

WAR has access to slightly different gear then SAM, notably in the multi-attack department. SD is like Resolution, it's fTP copies on each hit and the goal is to have as many hits as possible happen.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/342760

ItemSet 342760

Comparatively SAM's damage WS's are mostly one hit with all their damage being on the first hit and thus preferring WSD over DA/TA.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-05 21:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. Best way we've found to do VD Intense is Tank DD DD WHM buffer buffer (RUN BLU BLU BRD COR WHM for us)

Tank runs and gets hate on all non-Don Goblins and holds 'em in a corner. DDs pull Don away to get rid of his aura. WHM and buffers stand in range to absorb Hear No Evil damage. After Don dies the WHM and buffers are free to distance themselves from the fray if they wish. Order doesn't really matter much after the Don, but you do want to pull them away from the RUN holding the horde to where they lose their aura. We've had multi-Frypan take out the DDs on a couple occasions. About 6 minutes to clear without 1 hours.

Also *** these guys' Paralysis Shower. That ***is like a 95% proc rate and renders anyone it hits useless until it's removed.
First Page 2 3 4