users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Announcing the July Version Update
Announcing the July Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By nyheen 2016-06-28 15:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hail, friends!
Matsui here with your monthly update on the next version update, scheduled for July 5.

As you have come to expect, July's Ambuscade will feature a new set of villains to tackle, along with fresh new rewards to obtain. Make sure you spend your current hallmarks and gallantry before they get reset!

The recently-added Master Trial proved popular with many players, so we are adding another ultra-difficult battlefield-this one featuring those who wish to tackle the very top of the beastman forces.

A couple of new quests have been added to the Mog Gardens, where the arrival of a googol of girls has Chacharoon in a tizzy.

Rewards from these quests include new mounts, and as such require you have completed the quests Full Speed Ahead! and Titillating Tomes. If you haven't spent much time exploring your Mog Garden, now's the perfect chance to get started!

Other highlights include several job adjustments, an expansion to the number of areas where mounts can be ridden, alter ego compatibility added to several battlefields, help text added to even more food and drink items, and additional entries for the currency menu.

A detailed list of this and more can be found below. Some of these items are still undergoing testing, and last-minute issues may prevent us from including all of them.

Missions/Quests
Implementation Timing Update Task and Overview In-progress Task Notes
July Addition of new quests ・Create text
・Create cutscene —
In-game Contents/System
July Ambuscade ・Create new NM —
Master Trials ・Create new NM —
Personal chocobo & mounts ・Add new mount
・Expand mountable areas
・Add new areas for chocobo digging —
Mog Garden ・Adjust placement of gil repository
・Adjust placement of mining points
・Add new fertilizer —
Currencies ・Add new category —
Text Commands ・Add new commands —
Auto-translate ・Add new words —
Battle-related
July Job Traits ・Add new traits —
Beastmaster ・Adjust pet commands —
Summoner ・Adjust pet commands —
Puppetmaster ・Adjust pet commands —
Trust ・Add summonable content —
Item-related
July Ambuscade ・Create reward item —
Master Trials ・Create reward item —
Synthesis ・Add new recipe —
Certain Meals ・Edit the Help text —
Moogle Storage Slip ・Add storable items —

just wondering what everyone thinks about the "Adjust pet commands" for pup,bst,smn. maybe it lower time only or.. new commands? like auto Deploy when pup battle? or hold tp command?. pick x weapon skill command?. or just wishful thinking!

new Job Traits always welcome:)

edit. better now!? xd
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-06-28 15:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

could have copied pasta the info here you know, so we dont click on link
By volkom 2016-06-28 15:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping for awesome job traits for drk
By Gruknor 2016-06-28 15:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope geomancer gets a magic evasion trait for their luopon and that drk gets an acc+ trait and something to power up their gsword and scythe as dmg.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2016-06-28 16:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought they already said it was just attack bonus job traits to "make 2handers on par with 1handers".
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-28 16:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna have to actually do something with my mog garden eh? Okay.
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-06-28 16:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
could have copied pasta the info here you know, so we dont click on link
Hail, friends!
Matsui here with your monthly update on the next version update, scheduled for July 5.

As you have come to expect, July's Ambuscade will feature a new set of villains to tackle, along with fresh new rewards to obtain. Make sure you spend your current hallmarks and gallantry before they get reset!

The recently-added Master Trial proved popular with many players, so we are adding another ultra-difficult battlefield-this one featuring those who wish to tackle the very top of the beastman forces.

A couple of new quests have been added to the Mog Gardens, where the arrival of a googol of girls has Chacharoon in a tizzy.

Rewards from these quests include new mounts, and as such require you have completed the quests Full Speed Ahead! and Titillating Tomes. If you haven't spent much time exploring your Mog Garden, now's the perfect chance to get started!

Other highlights include several job adjustments, an expansion to the number of areas where mounts can be ridden, alter ego compatibility added to several battlefields, help text added to even more food and drink items, and additional entries for the currency menu.

A detailed list of this and more can be found below. Some of these items are still undergoing testing, and last-minute issues may prevent us from including all of them.

Missions/Quests
July Addition of new quests ・Create text
・Create cutscene —
In-game Contents/System
July Ambuscade ・Create new NM —
Master Trials ・Create new NM —
Personal chocobo & mounts ・Add new mount
・Expand mountable areas
・Add new areas for chocobo digging —
Mog Garden ・Adjust placement of gil repository
・Adjust placement of mining points
・Add new fertilizer —
Currencies ・Add new category —
Text Commands ・Add new commands —
Auto-translate ・Add new words —
Battle-related
July Job Traits ・Add new traits —
Beastmaster ・Adjust pet commands —
Summoner ・Adjust pet commands —
Puppetmaster ・Adjust pet commands —
Trust ・Add summonable content —
Item-related
July Ambuscade ・Create reward item —
Master Trials ・Create reward item —
Synthesis ・Add new recipe —
Certain Meals ・Edit the Help text —
Moogle Storage Slip ・Add storable items —
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-06-28 16:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
I hope geomancer gets a magic evasion trait for their lull in and that drk gets an acc+ trait and something to power up their gsword and scythe as dmg.

GS and Scythe don't need anything to power up their dmg. The dmg they put out is insane. Drk lacks innate acc, that is about the only issue with drk right now. Sacrificing DD gear slots for more needed acc gear.

Maybe, (very unlikely and probably unneeded maybe, I leaned towards unneeded) give 2 handers a way to give themselves a way to get some magical haste. That would help defuse the tension between some of the bad mages that don't know haste is in their spell list and 2hd DD.

Granted this would put the nail in the coffin for brd, which would blow for a lot of brd lovers out there, all 6 of them. My ls would have a ***fit over it after we just got one of our guys mythic/emp 119

Probably get crucified for saying this, but the 2 things that would really change a lot of the balance for melee jobs, are killing the haste from MG on blu and removing the second bonus to job traits through gifts. Those 2 things alone make blu so ridiculously overpowered it isn't even funny. (not like most people know what they are doing on blu anyway, PuG blu's rarely diffusion MG and most don't use spells that help the pt, cure/erase etc. They just full time tp and cdc gear and spam without thinking about multi-step sc)

Case in point when we had a blu spamming cdc and myself on drk trying to link sc with annoyingly un-timed cdc spamming our ambuscade clear times were over 3 minutes worth of engaged time. When we told the blu not to sc and to let me multi-step solo sc over and over til fight ends it nearly cut our engage time in half.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-06-28 17:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

nerfing blu's HASTEGA (that means all DD's around them get it) isn't going to help melee's return to former glory. It's just gonna turn everyone back to MB set-ups and bst's
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-28 17:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Probably get crucified for saying this, but the 2 things that would really change a lot of the balance for melee jobs, are killing the haste from MG on blu and removing the second bonus to job traits through gifts.
Yeah, because those are terrible changes. Everyone here is apparently an expert on balance (ha), but good game design is a bit more complicated than that.

Quote:
They just full time tp and cdc gear and spam without thinking about multi-step sc
You pinpointed one of the real problems in this sentence, and also touched on why it's a problem. If you can figure that out, it shouldn't be too much of a leap to figure out how to fix it (hint: you'll need both buffs and nerfs).

Quote:
Maybe, (very unlikely and probably unneeded maybe, I leaned towards unneeded) give 2 handers a way to give themselves a way to get some magical haste.
You got another one here. Not sold on your proposed solution though, and your scope is a bit too narrow since it leaves other 1handers in the cold.
[+]
By Chyula 2016-06-28 18:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the new trait is giving blu a new spell with critical rate trait. blu badly need this trait. dont have to be high value 10-15% should do. As for SAM give them tier 3 acc trait with a Tsu2.0 having 280+ base dmg with save tp 300.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-28 18:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a job trait for THF that gives SA and TA permanently and a dagger with 50 delay and 300DMG, along with a JA that gives +35% magic haste on a 20 second timer.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-06-28 18:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably get crucified for saying this, but the 2 things that would really change a lot of the balance for melee jobs, are killing the haste from MG on blu and removing the second bonus to job traits through gifts. Those 2 things alone make blu so ridiculously overpowered it isn't even funny. (not like most people know what they are doing on blu anyway, PuG blu's rarely diffusion MG and most don't use spells that help the pt, cure/erase etc. They just full time tp and cdc gear and spam without thinking about multi-step sc)

Case in point when we had a blu spamming cdc and myself on drk trying to link sc with annoyingly un-timed cdc spamming our ambuscade clear times were over 3 minutes worth of engaged time. When we told the blu not to sc and to let me multi-step solo sc over and over til fight ends it nearly cut our engage time in half.

*roll eyes*
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-28 18:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
I hope the new trait is giving blu a new spell with critical rate trait. blu badly need this trait. dont have to be high value 10-15% should do. As for SAM give them tier 3 acc trait with a Tsu2.0 having 280+ base dmg with save tp 300.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-28 18:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As for what the job traits actually are and if they are to affect two-handed weapon jobs I think we could be looking at something akin to the Puppetmaster's Attuner and Target Marker rolled into one. Something like this.

Steady Grip
Ignores a percentage of target's evasion and defense when wielding a two-handed weapon.
WAR/DRG/DRK/SAM/RUN

I - 15% Evasion & Defense (Lv50)
II - 25% Evasion & Defense (Lv75)
III - 35% Evasion & Defense (Lv99)
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-06-28 19:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanfoo said: »
nerfing blu's HASTEGA (that means all DD's around them get it) isn't going to help melee's return to former glory. It's just gonna turn everyone back to MB set-ups and bst's

This goes back to most blu don't even use diffusion and full time tp/cdc gear.

I know I didn't have a perfect solution, however it is a better option that has a higher chance of bringing other DD into the playing field. I am not saying the current way doesn't work, in fact my ls does fine running whm haste and a blu that actually does use diffusion or by bringing a brd and I come drk, I still stay in the 30% magic haste range. The problem I pointed out, I guess was more of how the player base uses blu and refuses to think other jobs can fill the role.

Lazy *** players will always be lazy *** players. This goes back to me talking about spamming cdc is actually a slower kill process than chaining your ws for bigger sc with a better closing ws than full time herc geared blu cdc.

SE has always nerfed something in the past, but blu has zero nerfs in sight. AoE dmg is stupid high, a blm loses dmg across multiple enemies but a blu does not? (Recast isn't a valid debate due to anything worth running AoE generally dies in 1 or 2 nukes anyway, this is why AoE exp pt generally shout for blu and bst instead of anything else.)

Again, I am not saying I had the solution by nerfing the haste in Mg, I think it would be a minor fix if anything, however the reason I even brought it up was someone claimed drk needs something to increase gs and scythe dmg which is way off a solution. GS and Scythe have plenty of dmg, drks downfall lies within def and acc. def wouldn't be so much of a problem if SE wouldn't make 70% of the nm's resist NV/DS drain 3.

SE has however been talking about nerfing the NM's AoE and possibly their EVA, which I think is a decent fix for a lot of 2hd jobs but that will probably end up killing mage set ups as people will flock to the 2hd DD jobs they once loved. (Wouldn't bother me that much as I enjoy 2hd class more than mage setups, but I still think that blows for the mage lovers)

I have seen a war beat a drk, I have seen a drk, beat a war, I have seen war and drks beat blus, I have seen blus beat war and drk, I have seen thf beat them all and all of them beat a thf. The one thing that remains the same is how little effort is put into blu to be on that level vs how much effort on the other jobs. Still think drg is screwed though, then again I haven't pt with an aeonic drg.

Don't know why 2hd have to battle so hard against 1 hd DD.
Nightfyre mentioned it would leave 1hd out in the cold, well yeah... That is kinda the point. 1hd jobs shouldn't be dealing as much or more than 2hd jobs, same reason people were crying so hard when rudra got huge buff and was beating everything under the sun including koga sam, (unless sam was solo or with someone else chaining sc for the sc dmg) but on terms of raw dmg thf was way too strong to keep up with and that created and uproar.

Ruaumoko said: »
As for what the job traits actually are and if they are to affect two-handed weapon jobs I think we could be looking at something akin to the Puppetmaster's Attuner and Target Marker rolled into one. Something like this.

Steady Grip
Ignores a percentage of target's evasion and defense when wielding a two-handed weapon.
WAR/DRG/DRK/SAM/RUN

I - 15% Evasion & Defense (Lv50)
II - 25% Evasion & Defense (Lv75)
III - 35% Evasion & Defense (Lv99)

I like that idea.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-06-28 19:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol % based ignoring of evasion thats way to huge(esp the %s you have listed). Hence why BST Bird got nurfed to do a static number.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-28 19:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre mentioned it would leave 1hd out in the cold, well yeah... That is kinda the point. 1hd jobs shouldn't be dealing as much or more than 2hd jobs
Also a terrible way of looking at the matter at hand. Changes that result in the suppression of other jobs (and by extension, the people who enjoy those jobs) aren't solutions, they just shift problems around. That's a superficial and deeply flawed way of viewing job balance. Different jobs can and should bring a variety of benefits to the table, and the end goal for balance should always be an environment that supports as many of those jobs as possible. Painting it in such simple terms as 1h vs 2h misses the nuances present in both groupings, along with the jobs that utilize both types. It is, quite simply, doing it wrong.

Quote:
... that will probably end up killing mage set ups
I doubt it. All-mage setups are still some of the safest and simplest around, so there will always be a certain appeal centered around those benefits. There are still situations where mages can match or beat melee killspeed as well, even on melee friendly content.

What I hope we'll eventually see is the rise of hybrid party strategies for high level content. If the game gets to a point where we don't need a ridiculous number of buffs just to keep melee alive, functional, and doing reasonable damage, having 1-2 DDs and a few BLM/RDM/SCH on the backline could improve DPS over taking additional melee. It's also a highly flexible and inclusive setup, which is a nice perk.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-06-28 19:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Nightfyre mentioned it would leave 1hd out in the cold, well yeah... That is kinda the point. 1hd jobs shouldn't be dealing as much or more than 2hd jobs
Changes that result in the suppression of other jobs (and by extension, the people who enjoy those jobs) aren't solutions, they just shift problems around.
Here is the problem with that, since the 1hd update it has suppressed jobs. Raising the attack on 2hd weapons won't be enough to level the playing field.
Honestly though we can disagree til we are blue in the face (no pun intended) but it wont get us anywhere. I personally feel nerfing blu 2nd job trait bonus and the haste from MG is a huge step in the right direction.
By Verda 2016-06-28 20:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

On the update SE already said they plan on making Two Hand jobs get to the pDIF cap easier. How that works out is anyone's guess. It's pretty easy to cap pDIF versus most targets already with just one GEO doing BoG frailty, dia II, and fury. If it's significant enough that 2 handers don't need Fury and still hit pDIF cap ok then you got something, they can use precision and hit pDIF cap and make 1 hand jobs wish they were 2 hand jobs because they will do more damage and have more accuracy while doing it. To achieve that though it'd be job traits that give a result of about 60% more attack and I sincerely doubt SE will give job traits like that. Most attack job traits are for very small yawn worthy amounts that make very little difference to the final dps, where it ends up on that slider scale is anyone's guess until the update rolls out.

On another topic entirely, my main beef with BLU is so many of its players always go into other job forums and talk about BLU. I personally feel they have too much utility for the damage they do, especially cleaving. You shouldn't be a grade A melee and grade A cleaver at the same time, my job portfolio is SMN, THF, COR, RNG. None of them can cleave anything near what BLU can do, and BLM doesn't keep up unless it goes crazy with mana wall and using super revits to keep that going. BST even pays a higher price to AoE most the time. The Antlion fight this month is something out of all the DD, BLU gets to be good at and why? It can cleave, and not only cleave it can cleave for huge DPS, on demand without carrying about TP level. It's already good at merit fights due to damage, a great crit ws, self light, and the ability to tank most stuff in the game. So lets make it one of the fastest merit farmers to boot. Cleaving is directly tied to making gil in more ways than remeritnig too, gain EXP RoE for example. A BLU can remerit in about 1/10th the time as most jobs especially melee so it's broken imo. And don't even try to downplay it there's so many fights I wish my THF could do something better than Aeolian Edge, and with enough TP I can do good damage with it, but I need the TP and it's very critical things are not moving around too much or I can't even have line of sight especially in pull situations just something else BLU doesn't have to deal with. Even Domain invasion, BLU can solo it not because of raw dps but because they can AoE so well and if they take hate they don't take much damage.

I think the self haste argument on BLU is silly though, dispels wreck them and most geo never cast haste I or use entrust and it caps haste. Even all that would be fine though, if they just stopped going into other job forums and "correcting" anyone that says any job but Blue is on top. Give it a rest already, have BLU orgies in your own job forum, become cultists and live on a co-op in Canada and start your own colony, I don't really care just keep it to yourselves. The most annoying thing is the constant trying to convince and convert everyone to thinking BLU is best, and it's been repeated so much people believe it even when it isn't true. Sick of the acc argument too, at best vs most melee you'll have 30 to 70 more accuracy, which if people stopped shunning RDM and brought it along distract III makes up for that almost 3 times over. You don't need WHM for everything. Here's a stackable debuff that more than solves acc differences, I know lets never talk about or use the job and keep talking about our 30 to 70 acc as if it were the difference between Kane and Abel. Also Feint and Conspirator don't exist and RNG will never be mentioned in an Accuracy contest and RDM is worthless. Sheesh.

Disclaimer, I have many friends I like very much who play BLU, but they're aren't aggressive and constantly saying how much better BLU is than everything else either, and if you want a reasonable discussion about it, it's reasonable. This isn't reasonable, it's a rant cuz I'm sick of seeing it and I'm far from the only one. Let people enjoy the jobs they want to enjoy without asserting your BLU agenda. Leave other jobs alone go play your job. So /endrant.
 Shiva.Cahota
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2016-06-28 20:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

well said. I do play blu often. but should not by all means be the only DD in this game now days.
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-28 20:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If your a decent 2hander and you can't beat a blu on a parse, you should prolly quit.
By Draylo 2016-06-28 20:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's good for cleaving trash content yet GEO is required for every single fight in the game pretty much and you have 0 issues with that. BLM/SCH/GEO are used for practically everything yet somehow BLU is at issue here, oh and BST can do the cleaving as well as solo VD fights and high tier NMs w/ease. No mention of that either. FYI, BLU isn't the only job that can "cleave" and neither is BST.
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2016-06-28 20:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

its anytime ppl want a DD, its only blu they want, theres plenty DD out there. loved getting JP on war, still working on drk. but the fact will they be used in content since also have blu? probably not, sucks to have AG rag sitting on a shelf.
By Draylo 2016-06-28 20:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuz people are idiots, last bandwagon was BST and it was the only thing they shouted for. People are parrots and mimic the same ***across the forums and game, always been like that. I'm pretty sick of the bandwagon myself but at this stage its probably here for a while unless SE pulls something amazing. People seem to think BLU will let them clear things 3m+ faster or be some kind of life saver in any and all content compared to other DDs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-28 20:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the problem with that, since the 1hd update it has suppressed jobs.
I agree, but changing the past is beyond us. That does not justify repeating that mistake with a different set of jobs.

Quote:
Raising the attack on 2hd weapons won't be enough to level the playing field.
I also agree with this. If SE thinks more attack will fix 2handers, they're looking in the wrong place. There are other changes that need to happen right now. Some of them are direct changes to various melee jobs, some are changes to other jobs, and we could probably do with a few systematic adjustments as well.

Quote:
I personally feel nerfing blu 2nd job trait bonus and the haste from MG is a huge step in the right direction.
Again, it's not. While both of these things increase BLU's damage output, they also support its nature as a hybrid class. If you want nerfs, look for things that specifically affect damage output instead of negatively affecting the job as a whole. For example, I put forward the idea of a ~10% reduction in CDC damage (2.25->2 fTP) and some alterations to Requiescat some time ago (make it scale similar to Reso, keep the attack penalty and MND mod). It neatly solves the issue of overcentralization around a single dominant weaponskill that's highly rewarding even at 1k TP, while also allowing greater flexibility and use of extended skillchains. It rewards smart play and helps different jobs play nice together.

Verda said:
Even all that would be fine though, if they just stopped going into other job forums and "correcting" anyone that says any job but Blue is on top.
You realize that it's mostly non-BLUs or people who only geared BLU to ride the current bandwagon that are doing that, right? Trust me, I don't enjoy how much this happens either. It was even less fun for me when the BLU guide was overrun with people arguing about it over the weekend. Too much vitriol, too much misinformation, it's very frustrating.
[+]
 Shiva.Cahota
By Shiva.Cahota 2016-06-28 20:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ya blu is great at many things. but I know with proper buffs support war drk drg sam, can out dmg, its every other aspect blu has - its only job ppl want to do this content with in this age of game.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-06-28 20:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
If your a decent 2hander and you can't beat a blu on a parse, you should prolly quit.

I don't know of any two hand DD job that can't beat the next job in line outside of drg, drg just got shafted bad.

Draylo said: »
So it's good for cleaving trash content yet GEO is required for every single fight in the game pretty much and you have 0 issues with that. BLM/SCH/GEO are used for practically everything yet somehow BLU is at issue here, oh and BST can do the cleaving as well as solo VD fights and high tier NMs w/ease. No mention of that either. FYI, BLU isn't the only job that can "cleave" and neither is BST.

People have been complaining about bst being over powered for a long time, SE answer was to shorten the range, which was a lousy fix.

The need for geo in every fight has been brought up numerous times in the past, if I could remember all the places and times I have seen that I would link them. SE answer to that was making minor nerfs to spell potency, (only on a couple spells if I remember) which was next to nothing.

The mage only setup is currently a topic with the dev team and they are looking into a way to adjust that, which I mention earlier about SE talking about adjusting the AoE.

You are a known long term blu, so it is obvious you would defend them and I am not taking that away from you. But, blu is currently way too easy to become a DD in comparison to 2hd jobs. The only people that have denied blu being over-powered are the blu's.
Now you can "*roll eyes*" all you want but there is no denying blu is way too strong and should not be on par with 2 hd DD, if you want to put blu on that high of a pedestal why isn't rdm doing that much dmg.

Now I can be deemed biased against sch, blm, blu, geo, bst because I don't have a desire to play them, but it seems to be the common denominator of most debates of what is wrong with the current balance. Those jobs always get thrown out, especially blu. Probably because they do have a hint of over-power to them.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Here is the problem with that, since the 1hd update it has suppressed jobs.
I agree, but changing the past is beyond us. That does not justify repeating that mistake with a different set of jobs.

Quote:
Raising the attack on 2hd weapons won't be enough to level the playing field.
I also agree with this. If SE thinks more attack will fix 2handers, they're looking in the wrong place. There are other changes that need to happen right now. Some of them are direct changes to various melee jobs, some are changes to other jobs, and we could probably do with a few systematic adjustments as well.

Quote:
I personally feel nerfing blu 2nd job trait bonus and the haste from MG is a huge step in the right direction.
Again, it's not. While both of these things increase BLU's damage output, they also support its nature as a hybrid class. If you want nerfs, look for things that specifically affect damage output instead of negatively affecting the job as a whole. For example, I put forward the idea of a ~10% reduction in CDC damage (2.25->2 fTP) and some alterations to Requiescat some time ago (make it scale similar to Reso, keep the attack penalty and MND mod). It neatly solves the issue of overcentralization around a single dominant weaponskill that's highly rewarding even at 1k TP, while also allowing greater flexibility and use of extended skillchains. It rewards smart play and helps different jobs play nice together.

Quote:
Even all that would be fine though, if they just stopped going into other job forums and "correcting" anyone that says any job but Blue is on top.
You realize that it's mostly non-BLUs or people who only geared BLU to ride the current bandwagon that are doing that, right? Trust me, I don't enjoy how much this happens either. It was even less fun for me when the BLU guide was overrun with people arguing about it over the weekend. Too much vitriol, too much misinformation, it's very frustrating.
I can agree with this. Quoting got jacked up there.

Final thought and I am done with this thread, because people don't seem to read everything.
I clearly stated it was my opinion and I didn't say my idea was the solution, but I find it easy to see who the people that ride the "blu bomb" pt setup by who jumps right away to taking offense to blu needs nerf talk.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-28 20:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's where its up to those jobs to get the word out. Start a party or 2 and show them what you can do. It's the players that make a bad name for themselves alot of the time. I still see drks and such running full ***augmented acro gear with sparks weapon crying about not getting in to parties. We have sams and drks we party with on Odin but they gear the job appropriately and play it damn well.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-28 20:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Final thought and I am done with this thread, because people don't seem to read everything.
I clearly stated it was my opinion and I didn't say my idea was the solution, but I find it easy to see who the people that ride the "blu bomb" pt setup by who jumps right away to taking offense to blu needs nerf talk.

I personally play blu all the time. AG'd my almace just for it. With that being said it's not that I am sky talking blu, I don't feel it is right to nerf any job. I spoke out against bst nerf and thf nerf. Nerfing one and doing nothing to others solves nothing.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6