users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rhapsodies of Vanadiel at 75 cap
Rhapsodies of Vanadiel at 75 cap
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-06-21 22:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Girlfriend and I have been progressing through Rhapsodies on our 75 capped characters and found out Both Paths Taken (Disjointed one fight) is the end of the line unassisted. I was surprised we were able to finish Balamor https://www.twitch.tv/saumel_l_jcakson/v/73808707
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2016-06-21 23:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Got all the way to Balamor? That's pretty impressive, honestly. When I was doing them solo on an alt I was still leveling, I almost lost to Siren at like 88~89. I had trusts of course, but they depopped when I got charmed.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-06-21 23:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said: »
Got all the way to Balamor? That's pretty impressive, honestly. When I was doing them solo on an alt I was still leveling, I almost lost to Siren at like 88~89. I had trusts of course, but they depopped when I got charmed.
We used a trust to tank Siren so he wouldn't get charmed, the hardest part was beating it before the 15 min time limit! We didn't get TO Balamor, we BEAT Balamor. Which came as as shock to me, since I thought we'd get as far as the fish and have to get assistance after that!
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-22 03:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat Balamor solo a while ago on my AF3 +2 WHM/SCH with a non-tank trust set-up. It certainly wasn't easy, but I was still able to do it. I imagine if I went back now with a proper trust party and my well geared THF, it would be a piece of cake. Fighting him at 75 must've been amazing.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-06-22 05:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
Girlfriend and I have been progressing through Rhapsodies on our 75 capped characters and found out Both Paths Taken (Disjointed one fight) is the end of the line unassisted. I was surprised we were able to finish Balamor https://www.twitch.tv/saumel_l_jcakson/v/73808707

an awesome thing - if you could only get some help from other 75 capped players and finish it at 75... that would be even more super
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-06-22 13:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Bahamut.Striker said: »

an awesome thing - if you could only get some help from other 75 capped players and finish it at 75... that would be even more super
It may be possible with an alliance of lv 75 players, but once you get to the fights where they recommend ilvl it becomes a whole new difficulty level. 99 was a nice jump over level 75, but an ilvl 119 character i would say is more powerful than 18 lvl 99's. So where we could fight Balamor for 10 mins+ and actually hit him with decent accuracy, we get to the next fight an Aegis PLD is dead in about 60 seconds and can barely hit for above 0. I do however think that all 99 content is possible at 75, we're going to get through Wings of the Goddess, try out Abyssea stuff, and see how far we can get in Seekers of Adoulin.