users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The difference between Unity's and their bonuses
The difference between Unity's and their bonuses
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-16 18:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, so forgive me if I missed it.

I have been a part of Apururu unity since the system came out. I realize that you get the full unity bonus for being in 1st place, which Yoran/Apururu often is. In this case, what is the incentive for joining another unity, such as one at the lower end of the rankings?

At first, I thought it meant you get faster accolades/sparks accrual, but I haven't seen that posted anywhere. A friend says the exp/cp rate is higher, but again, I don't see that. I ask because I want to change to Sylvie for her buffs, but I'd lose out on a few decent buffs from my gear (2 refresh legs, kentarch+1 belt, lugra+1, zwazo+1).

What is the benefit of joining a low-ranked unity? Since you lose the max buffs, it seems like a lose-lose. Do the cost of certain items decrease for purchase with the npc, or do you get some other bonus that is not disclosed? Would be nice to know, since I don't currently see any incentive to join a low-ranked unity, or any deterrent from loading up on the high-ranked one.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/unity/index.html
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-16 18:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

CP and I think Accolades gain is higher. Don't know for sure about EXP, but don't think so. It was in one of the update notes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-16 18:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you please share and explain how that works? The listed values for accolades per quest shows a set amount. How does that work? Also, how much more cp do you get?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-16 18:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You gain accolades from killing exp-yielding enemies, which is where the accolade bonus would be if present. The CP bonus hasn't been specified anywhere from what I've seen.

Edit: Whatever the value is, it wouldn't be worth dropping in rank unless you really wanted whatever leader it is you were considering joining.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-06-16 19:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Should only affect how many accolades you get from completing objectives. You just get a percentage bonus when it actually completes.

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/32088.html

There's a chart here, but it's pretty much a 5% bonus for each rank below #1.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-16 21:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, that's really a crappy incentive. Thanks for this.