Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning player, unanswered RoV questions
Returning player, unanswered RoV questions
By Brandneweyes 2016-06-16 08:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, long-time guest on the forums here, made an account years ago but don't think I posted even once.

Anyway, Ive hit this point recently in FFXIV where I feel like, because of a number of factors, both due to development and the community itself - any accessibility of its gameplay is no longer outweighing the lack of number based complexity (gear stats in relation to builds, gear switching for events, no weapon skills or clickies, no elemental wheel, and blurr'd lines between caster abilities and spells; with the combat at meta mostly being deconstructed into dance patterns, prefect potency calculated rotations, and muscle memory.

I didn't feel this way about FFXI last I played it though, even with all of the QoL improvements over the years.
Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe I'm old; I don't know man. What particularly interests me about coming back is the new Rhapsodies of Vannadiel story, and I was wondering how much of it I can finish without having completed all story missions previously released. I had to remake my account 2-3 years ago, and only did CoP at the time - will I have to finish RoZ, ToAU, WoTG, and SoA to complete every mission for the new quality of life atmas, and trust capacity boost?

T.L.D.R. : I'm not asking whether I should come back or not, I just wanted to know how far you could get in RoV with only CoP done, or what content I would need to complete other wise.

Thanks for any help!
By volkom 2016-06-16 08:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty far. I think there's more work needed if you don't have certain missions completed. But overall, it's not bad and a lot can be solo or low manned ~ especially with trusts
By fillerbunny9 2016-06-16 09:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has a chart somewhere that showed minimum progression to be able to complete. my main has everything completed, however my mule only had Adoulin, CoP, and WotG, and nation Rank 6, but was still able to complete RoV. generally, you need to be far enough to have met the important characters of the expansion. (Prishe, Ulmia, Lilisette, etc).

found it!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47983-What-should-I-do-if-I-can%E2%80%99t-progress-in-Rhapsodies-of-Vana%E2%80%99diel