Are Relic Useless?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » are relic useless?
are relic useless?
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 07:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Unless its like PLD or whm or something =-=

Gotta get that Mjollnir! (FTR, I have mine).
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-15 07:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell no there not i love rocking excalibur and aegis personally. For the record you don't need one to be useful there is plenty of options available to complete content with open minded players.
[+]
By Boshi 2016-06-15 14:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You absolutely need an Aegis to be useful as pld
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-15 14:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Unless its like PLD or whm or something =-=

Gotta get that Mjollnir! (FTR, I have mine).
i have all the RMEA for WHM. lol
By Blazed1979 2016-06-16 03:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: Not going to make i119 versions of shields and BRD instruments because they're already too overpowered.

Public: ok

SE: They bought it, release Idris!
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-06-20 02:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
People like to come in on these forums and tell you what is great on paper. Every time people do a comparison between the 3 swords they assume that keeping Lv.3 AM up on burtgang is simple.
As a tank you get a lot of surprises, you get knocked back, you get paralyzed, you get terrored, you miss.. so building that 300% tp to refresh your aftermath sounds as simple as timing it right. Even with all things ideal, and perfect AM3 management/luck with Burtgang, Excal doesnt fall far behind.

In reality the consistent, less-micro-managed Excalibur is a better sword for gameplay. Sure Burtgang's potential blows Excalibur's potential away, but on the ground, in game Excalibur > Burtgang in my experience.

Also the Regen from Afterglowed Excalibur i119 III is also a form of artificial damage mitigation just like additional HP is.

I own all 3 swords and all 3 are afterglowed, nothing feels as good as Excalibur in game on PLD.

Also the base DMG gap went from 121 Exalibur vs 131 Burtgang to
Excalibur: 164 with +60 ATK
Burtgang: 165 and no offensive base stats.

There's something else people overlook constantly - much greater/easier access to TA gear. There's no gear in game that allows a mythic wielder to:
-deal 1/4th their HP 16% of the time
-deal triple dmg 13% of the time

In so many different end game situations a paladin isn't using Burt for the AM3.
By Odinz 2016-06-20 03:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
People like to come in on these forums and tell you what is great on paper. Every time people do a comparison between the 3 swords they assume that keeping Lv.3 AM up on burtgang is simple.
As a tank you get a lot of surprises, you get knocked back, you get paralyzed, you get terrored, you miss.. so building that 300% tp to refresh your aftermath sounds as simple as timing it right. Even with all things ideal, and perfect AM3 management/luck with Burtgang, Excal doesnt fall far behind.

In reality the consistent, less-micro-managed Excalibur is a better sword for gameplay. Sure Burtgang's potential blows Excalibur's potential away, but on the ground, in game Excalibur > Burtgang in my experience.

Also the Regen from Afterglowed Excalibur i119 III is also a form of artificial damage mitigation just like additional HP is.

I own all 3 swords and all 3 are afterglowed, nothing feels as good as Excalibur in game on PLD.

Also the base DMG gap went from 121 Exalibur vs 131 Burtgang to
Excalibur: 164 with +60 ATK
Burtgang: 165 and no offensive base stats.

There's something else people overlook constantly - much greater/easier access to TA gear. There's no gear in game that allows a mythic wielder to:
-deal 1/4th their HP 16% of the time
-deal triple dmg 13% of the time

In so many different end game situations a paladin isn't using Burt for the AM3.

why I dont remember who mathed it out but the AM III from Excalibur 121 proved to be more beneficial in pure blood tanking utility than burtgang's PDT over cap. In tanking anything that was 50/50 (physical/magical) Excalibur had a huge advantage. It was by an FFXIV freecompany on guildwork i think, as part of a bigger discussion on HP vs DT (WAR and DRK tanking in XIV vs PLD) blood tanking.

If you want to measure damage taken as a net result of how much curing is required in terms of real hp returned, Excalibur > burtgang when both swords are riding AMIII.
Excalibur was so far ahead that the debate moved in to kill time to as a means to argue burtgang would net the wielder less damage taken due to faster kills, which was also debunked as the best they could show burtgang would increase kill rate was by less than 1%, while excal in same conditions was resulting in -15% less healing magic required.