Double Light/Darkness Broken? Ed: Nope.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Double Light/Darkness broken? Ed: Nope.
Double Light/Darkness broken? Ed: Nope.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-12 16:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday I couldn't get a single double light with Dimidiation->Jishnu->Dimidiation, but I could self Dimidiation->Dimidiation just fine.

Today, on DRK, I can Entropy->Cross Reaper->Quietus for double Darkness, but can't Entropy->(Shantotto II)->Quietus.

Both of these worked fine before Friday.

Does it seem like double light/dark is broken when not self-sc since Friday's patch to anyone else? CDC doesn't double, so 90% of people playing FOTM won't notice...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-12 16:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dimidiation (Light/Frag) -> Wildfire (Darkness/Grav) should make nothing.

I don't know what (Shantotto II)'s properties are, but that combo should work if she happens to be Distortion primary. Keep in mind that trusts tend to have multiple WSs, all of which have different skillchain properties.

Also, Dancer still works fine.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-12 16:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

WF->Dimi makes fragmentation; Dimi->WF does nothing. There's no way to chain those two alone into a T3, let alone a double T3.

Now if your partner was previously doing Last Stand, that would allow you to make double light (Frag+Fusion=Light+Light=double Light).
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-12 16:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't wildfire. It was Jishnu's Radiance (switched to COR for second Radia). I thought it was just bad timing because of how stupid long the animation is.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Also, Dancer still works fine.
I was specific. Self-SC still works fine.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-12 16:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Wasn't wildfire. It was Jishnu's Radiance
Jishnu's is light primary, so you'd go straight to double light and the second Dimidiation would not continue the skillchain. If you want a three-step, you should start with Resolution (unless the RUN is using Lionheart, in which case you're stuck with Spinning Slash, Ground Strike, or switching to sword for Savage Blade as an opener) or have the other player switch to Last Stand (unless you're both using aeonics).

I'm inclined to say this is a case of PEBKAC.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-12 16:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I 4-stepped off Qultada's Savage Blade two nights ago on Amymone.

(there's nothing wrong)
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-12 16:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I'll accept that Dimidiaion>Jishni>Dimidiaion doesn't work.

Problem with Shantotto 2 might be that she has two Darkness closers: Lesson in Pain and Doctor's Orders. The latter she will double-Darkness with as well.

I think the real problem is nothing lived long enough for this ***to matter before I quit for a year.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-12 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Okay, I'll accept that Dimidiaion>Jishni>Dimidiaion doesn't work.

Problem with Shantotto 2 might be that she has two Darkness closers: Lesson in Pain and Doctor's Orders. The latter she will double-Darkness with as well.

I think the real problem is nothing lived long enough for this ***to matter before I quit for a year.
If memory serves, Dimidiation is an Ergon WS, effectively a Mythic WS, meaning has tier 2 properties. To do a double tier 3 SC, you need a WS or spell with tier 3 properties.

EDIT: Looks like I just learned the difference between Ergon and Mythic. Disregard that crap. :X
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-12 17:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I sorta get it now. Things with double light/dark (light or dark primary) like Jishnu's and Dimidiation go badly together because they might as well be the same WS property-wise. Dimi-Jish-Dimi is the same as doing Dimi-Dimi-Dimi.

So the Shantotto problem is when she randomly closes dark with Doctor's Orders (she does prefer Lesson in Pain), which is the same Dark-primary as Quietus.