New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LTB - Asteria Mitts
LTB - Asteria Mitts
By orphenPUP 2016-06-09 21:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello.

I am looking for help with killing Azure-Toothed Clawberry. I am interested in Asteria Mitts (NQ is all I need).

Please send me a message if you can assist so we can arrange a time/price.

Thank you in advance.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-06-10 18:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You might want to include what server you're on.

That said, you can literally solo that guy on SMN if you use Conduit. Duo without.

For solo, eat Shiromochi and use Flaming Crush. Helps to debuff him a bit first. Dia II for sure. I've even seen people use Fenrir's Impact on him before getting Ifrit out to start into the Conduit. Your gear may not be good enough to do this, but there's only one way to find out. :)

For duo, you'll want someone who can kill the elementals while your trusts hold the NM. BLM works great, most mages can probably do it. Build TP before the fight. Do not damage the NM much until all the elementals are dead or he'll use Searing Light. Feel free to help with the elementals, Impact works nice on the light elemental. Once all 3 are dead, use Apogee then do Shattersoul > Flaming Crush (Frag SC) > Flaming Crush (Light SC). Have your partner do as much magic bursting as possible, too. If this doesn't kill him, he should be pretty close to dead by this point. Just hit him with Flaming Crushes until he dies, or use Conduit to finish him off. If he summons elementals a second time, stop damage on the NM and try to kill them quickly but be aware that he may decide to Searing Light anyway. Also you may want some accuracy in your Shattersoul gear, this guy has decent evasion and you don't want to miss.
By orphenPUP 2016-06-11 00:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the suggestions, thank you.

I am currently on Cerberus, but would be willing to move either one of my mules (leveled to 99) to another server (or my main character if absolutely required) for this.

I have been trying to get invites/interest in this Unity NM for some time (many months). Unfortunately pickup groups fail, and I have yet to be able to master the solo kill (plus considering how many kills its going to take to get the actual gloves).

I will bribe if need be... Any linkshells willing to help would be greatly appreciated and compensated.
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-06-11 00:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

orphenPUP said: »
I appreciate the suggestions, thank you.

I am currently on Cerberus, but would be willing to move either one of my mules (leveled to 99) to another server (or my main character if absolutely required) for this.

I have been trying to get invites/interest in this Unity NM for some time (many months). Unfortunately pickup groups fail, and I have yet to be able to master the solo kill (plus considering how many kills its going to take to get the actual gloves).

I will bribe if need be... Any linkshells willing to help would be greatly appreciated and compensated.

I'm willing to help if you want. Look for me in game and ill help you.