Gil & Sparks farming
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath 2016-06-01 05:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

I just recently returned from a near 2 year Hiatus and I literally just burned all my gil upgrading to 119 AF/Relic/Empyrean. Now I can't afford the items for nifty upgrades/augments on Helios or even 119 AF gear for other jobs as they seem to be a lot more expensive than SMN was. I mainly solo as SMN doesn't seem to be in high demand for nearly anything right now. At least on Asura server. So far I've been farming sparks to sell for the Acheron Shield and selling that. But farming sparks hasn't been all that fast for me as a SMN. Thunderspark kinda sucks for AOE mobs. What method are people using to farm for sparks quickly on SMN? Also, I'm also doing Alluvian Skirmish and selling the augment items. But those aren't selling as fast as I would like. What other gil making schemes are you guys doing on SMN that can be solo'd?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-01 05:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Best ways to farm in game at the momment are:
1) Any and All Currencies. This Includes Plutons, Beitetsu and Riftborn Boulders.
2) Just do Dialy stuff, log on daily do content, Eschalixers +2 sell, and Eschite ores are worth a lot on my server. Even just farming NMs for say The magic skill +10 Torques will get you gil/sparks.
3) High Tier battlefields are your friend. For Plutons and Beitetsu etc
4...?) Unity NMs are good for sparks also. If you can solo them. Plus they will update your armor.
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-06-01 06:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Best ways to farm in game at the momment are:
1) Any and All Currencies. This Includes Plutons, Beitetsu and Riftborn Boulders.
2) Just do Dialy stuff, log on daily do content, Eschalixers +2 sell, and Eschite ores are worth a lot on my server. Even just farming NMs for say The magic skill +10 Torques will get you gil/sparks.
3) High Tier battlefields are your friend. For Plutons and Beitetsu etc
4...?) Unity NMs are good for sparks also. If you can solo them. Plus they will update your armor.

^ This.

Also, if you can solo Reisenjima T1 NMs, then their stones (Fern/taupe/Pellucid) sell fairly well and quickly.

Finally, each month there is some sort of event which runs for about 3 weeks. Often there is some kind of money spinner in those events, and you will see shouts for those more frequently. You have just missed a HTBs event (extra pluton/beitetsu/boulders).

Coming up in just under a week is a Delve and Vagary campaign. Delve plasm can net you the crafting/pop materials from the bosses.
Vagary can net you the upgrades items you've just burnt your gil on.

Next month... who knows!?

Edit: Just to add - Ambuscade will get you limited R/E/M materials/currency too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-06-01 06:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also solo salvage every hour. Stacks go for 600k on Lakshmi. An AR run doesnt even take that long, also can do SSR2 and just kill the boss for the pouch takes like 15 min.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-01 09:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming sparks is easiest "Gain EXP" ROE. Can make some really quick gil if you're aoe burning, or just exping too. Reisenjim/Ru'aun is your friend. I normally can make 2-3m per Gain EXP if I time it properly.

But I honestly don't think you should be farming sparks as your primary source of income. There's so many other more efficient ways to do this, including those mentioned above. I'd personally note that doing Ambuscade is a dual/triple purpose event that is fairly simple, if you can get geared for it. You can make money, get gear/sellables, and augment capes. It takes a while to get some of the higher tag items, but if money is all you're after, the currency sellables make for a great alternative for dual-purpose money making.

I also wouldn't recommend buying any augment stones for skirmish2 gear, as you can just solo farm them yourself and they are highly unreliable. That gear is mostly outdated, though is a decent stopgap when you need to hit 119. But you may be better off skipping and going right into escha gear, if possible.
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-06-01 09:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

find a mob that gives 5k exp a kill, grab a friend or two or 8 and kill as fast as possible, i cap sparks every 20min this way during GAIN-EXP. easy 12-15m in the gain exp window

smn can depending on gear can solo any escha NM up to T3s, good way to merc/sell and make gil as well
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-01 09:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you're better than me. I lose interest after dumping sparks the 3rd time. But yes, this is true. You can even form Gain EXP parties and just spam sparks.

Don't forget accolades can be used to purchase items, which, albeit rarely, do sell on AH. Or they can be used to upgrade your own gear. Either way, you can't go broke taking a profit.
 Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath 2016-06-02 02:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the replies. Some very good info. Didn't even think of Salvage. I'll have to give that a roll. Had some success with Dynamis farm yesterday. Made the mistake of attempting it without subjobs today. I didn't realized they nerfed SMN's ability to Proc. It's Magic and single target now. I used to be able to reap the benefits with Diabolos. High Tier Mission battles I've only been able to solo VE and haven't gotten anything worth mentioning from them. I see shouts for Leviathan constantly. But everyone wants BLU or GEO. I just don't have the playtime anymore to work on another job unfortunately.
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-06-02 05:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget you can take Trusts into Dynamis. This means you can take an array of jobs from your trusts list that proc in Dyna, making it much easier.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-02 09:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate everyone who farms dynamis for the community, but I jusy can't figure out how that is deemed a reasonable paycheck nowadays. What is the net profit from that, 400 coins? 500? I can't see how a mil and a half for an hour worth of time is worthwhile.

Honestly, Konvict's idea is probably more reasonable, since you can literally enter and exit dynamis within maybe 20-30minnutes, skipping half of the *** that adds nothing to the run, and still walk out with over 150~ coins with little to no work.

Has dynamis changed so much where the profit is actually worthwhile? Maybe I'm missing out on something that could prove useful. Enlighten me.
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2016-06-02 09:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Take themprocing #### away and probably make more profit w/o procing. But on another note soloing t1's is nice and money maker and selling stuff i usually lean towards dyna more since everyone is always doing relics.
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2016-06-09 14:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going in on SNM, but on THF I average nine 100s from a Jeuno run, plus at leas 1-2 stacks of singles. It can be profitable still, but with Trusts Jeuno pretty much only supports one person, so it's hard to get the zone to yourself for two hours.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-09 14:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you dump sparks for exactly? Plutons etc.?
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-06-09 15:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Acheron shields. 28k~ gil each.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-09 15:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus christ, blinkers all over again. Thanks for the info, it was looking grim but this changes everything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2016-06-09 15:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also dump accolades into Prize Powder (or presumably any of the costume items? didn't check if they all NPC for the same amount). Nice part about that compared to sparks is that you can just input the number of them you want, instead of having to buy 1 at a time. The downside being, you're buying quite a ton of them, so actually NPCing them all (and running back and forth between the accolade NPC and a shop) adds time. :P
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-06-09 15:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said: »
Can also dump accolades into Prize Powder (or presumably any of the costume items? didn't check if they all NPC for the same amount). Nice part about that compared to sparks is that you can just input the number of them you want, instead of having to buy 1 at a time. The downside being, you're buying quite a ton of them, so actually NPCing them all (and running back and forth between the accolade NPC and a shop) adds time. :P

If you're not using a gearswap sparks lua to buy them then, you're doin' it wrong.
By Faelar 2016-06-09 16:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »

If you're not using a gearswap sparks lua to buy them then, you're doin' it wrong.

Guess I'm wrong, didn't know this sort of thing was possible.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-06-09 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

Guess I'm wrong, didn't know this sort of thing was possible.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125250-Sparks-to-Gil-conversion

few posts down.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-09 16:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to follow up on this comment, as it's not entirely inaccurate, but a little misguided.

You can actually buy any item to convert your sparks into, Acheron Shield just happens to cost more sparks and sells for a bit more, so the amount of transactions you have to purchase are lower. However, the conversion rate for every spark item is roughly the same (I did the math, and unless you're buying like a million lvl30 items, it's not much of a difference).

Furthermore, Acheron shield, though it does net more money per sale, it's also on page 3 or 4 of Lv98 priced items, meaning you actually have to scroll down to the bottom of the list twice, then page over a couple times, then find the shield and buy it. I used to do this, and it was cumbersome after a while. There is a scipt that I think auto-takes you to this page, but its just a pain to buy all those shields on page 3. I have personally found that buying Bahadur (sells for 16k~ a sword) is much faster, since its on the first page and you can actually page down twice and be right on it. The amount of clicks is significantly less, and I don't mind making the extra trip to the vendor, because I usually empty out my inventory before starting to buy.

I know its inconsequential, and to each his own, though. But buying those shields on page 3 is the bane of my sparks conversion existence. I'd rather just buy twice as many great swords from the first page than have to subject myself to that many more page-over clicks.

But I'm ranting, and I apologize.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-06-09 16:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said: »

can u use it to buy skill up books? Iv tried with no luck so far but i dont use this type of thing often. When i tried it said something along the lines of amount invalid. But if i tried with a number it never went through.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-09 17:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure you need to for books? You can literally buy 7200 sparks worth (36 books - 3 stacks) in one transaction. That's 3 transactions in one. Don't need a script for it.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-06-09 17:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Just wanted to follow up on this comment, as it's not entirely inaccurate, but a little misguided.

You can actually buy any item to convert your sparks into, Acheron Shield just happens to cost more sparks and sells for a bit more, so the amount of transactions you have to purchase are lower. However, the conversion rate for every spark item is roughly the same (I did the math, and unless you're buying like a million lvl30 items, it's not much of a difference).

Furthermore, Acheron shield, though it does net more money per sale, it's also on page 3 or 4 of Lv98 priced items, meaning you actually have to scroll down to the bottom of the list twice, then page over a couple times, then find the shield and buy it. I used to do this, and it was cumbersome after a while. There is a scipt that I think auto-takes you to this page, but its just a pain to buy all those shields on page 3. I have personally found that buying Bahadur (sells for 16k~ a sword) is much faster, since its on the first page and you can actually page down twice and be right on it. The amount of clicks is significantly less, and I don't mind making the extra trip to the vendor, because I usually empty out my inventory before starting to buy.

I know its inconsequential, and to each his own, though. But buying those shields on page 3 is the bane of my sparks conversion existence. I'd rather just buy twice as many great swords from the first page than have to subject myself to that many more page-over clicks.

But I'm ranting, and I apologize.

Read what I said about the sparks.lua.

Odin.Godofgods said: »
can u use it to buy skill up books? Iv tried with no luck so far but i dont use this type of thing often. When i tried it said something along the lines of amount invalid. But if i tried with a number it never went through.

Yes, load the lua, buy a stack (1,12, 36... whatever quantity) manually. Talk to the npc, hit escape and it will rebuy the last purchase.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1242 days between previous and next post]
By pawnoee 2019-11-03 05:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Afk in Rala with Fenrir out near Pewter Diremite spots.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-03 05:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it good?
By Shichishito 2019-11-03 06:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

no, but its free lazy afk gil. poor mans legit farming bot.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-03 06:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
legit farming bot

not legit: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news21434.shtml
By Draylo 2019-11-03 06:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I remember them nerfing the Chigoes XP for that, always thought it was silly. What if someone ran by and went afk to take a nap not realizing.
By Shichishito 2019-11-03 07:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Shichishito said: »
legit farming bot

not legit: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news21434.shtml

in respect of not needing third party tools, you wouldn't even need windower to take advantage of it.
that they deem a system they themselfs implemented years ago and all of a sudden declare ban worthy instead of patching the loophole speaks for itself.
article is from 2012. if i think about what ppl got away with for years i'd have a good chuckle if you actually get a GM to ban someone over afk SMN botting.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-03 09:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they'd do anything about it, to be clear.

But, coming from the person crying about windower and gearswap all the time, SE outright saying it isn't allowed is a strange thing to overlook.
First Page 2