Left Off At A Odd Spot.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Left off at a odd spot.
Left off at a odd spot.
By Narvosa 2016-05-30 20:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I played a bit back after Adoulin released and prior to that I had not played since pre abyssea era

I don't exactly remember what I was doing prior to me quitting. But I had obtained this gear set for tp.

ItemSet 343984

I have a few other pieces like 119 Relic Chest, 119 AF feet, a pretty Shoddy magic attack set for when I was messing around with /run and lunge. But other than that I do not have much and don't have much guidance on what to do. I figured I would start working on getting Almace Since I havn't touched any of the trials. Also finish learning a few spells.

Any help on what I should prioritize for gearing up would be awesome.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-05-30 22:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't already, work on Rhapsodies progression. The gear sets in the guide are current, but most of the gear past the low tier level is from Escha/Reisenjima, which you'll need gain access to via RoV missions.

Additionally, you get a lot of bonuses from the KIs rewarded as you go. Little of it should prove challenging in what you have (and the upcoming patch is apparently nerfing stuff too).
Once you have access to Escha/etc, ideally, XP/CP there to build Silt (Domain Invasion can be a great way to gain that as well).

I would also put priority on fleshing out your spell list, since the Adoulin nukes, Mighty Guard, etc are pretty key. To add to that, get augmented/reforged Relic feet if you don't have them, and ensure you have full Diffusion merits (to maximize potential time you can have Mighty Guard on).

Gear priority depends a lot on what kind of help you might be able to get, if any. In general, I would definitely plan to build up a nuking set as well, since that tends to be a far faster way to gain Job Points (much less merits for HTBs).
If you're soloing, your target will likely be Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish (also a convenient place to learn a lot of spells). Then building up to Escha Zi'Tah, and so on. Quite a lot can wind up being doable with trusts as you get better geared/JP'ed/etc.

Depending on help (and zone access), you could also just go get Ru'Aun abjurations and Herculean gear and so on handed to you, or something in between. So, it's hard to say for certain what your next logical step is, outside of making sure you've got access to the appropriate zones.
[+]
 Asura.Teakwood
By Asura.Teakwood 2016-05-31 01:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, you're almost EXACTLY where I'm at in terms of gear!

My strategy, sadly, is "gear Geomancer to the point where I can do stuff to get BLU gear", but my priorities right now, personally, look like...

Get a burn gear set together such that I can merit/CP burn in Escha Ru'Aun. I'm not really sure what a realistic burn set for me looks like but I REALLY need to be able to cleave my way to 70 max merits and at -least- 100 JP.

Get a Tanmogayi +1, probably from getting the NQ and then throwing gil at it, unless I get absurdly lucky, and then a Colada, which I'll probably have to merc to be honest, or maybe get some friends to help.

At this point I expect to be getting some gear for both GEO and BLU from doing stuff on my Geomancer - I'm trying to map out what I want to aim for but I'm struggling with it, too. What server are you on? If you're playing by yourself at this point you might want to consider moving to Asura and joining a populated linkshell.
[+]
By Narvosa 2016-05-31 02:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on Asura, I am in the reddit linkshell. I have only recently started playing again I do not know much in terms of adoulin gearing. I do have most the survival skills or whatever they are to visit the zones in adoulin.

I do know that JP are farmed through aoeing now, But have not even remotely looked into that. I figure I should work on that since blu gets massive power from JP
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-05-31 03:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Before JPs you should work on getting a baseline 119 gear to work with.

After that you can get the 100 JP gift soloing in Escha Ru'Aun, with Trusts.

But really, the main concern is to get some gear so that you're able to get things done.

And Rhapsodies missions, of course.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-31 05:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing the new intermediate RoEs, will net you a lot of things for free, the most useful to you as a returning player will be the Ambuscade one, as a single run will give you 12 copies of each Rem's Tale.

That'll give you a free base for being fully 119 like Keaddo said.
Just have to buy the mats for the relic/artifact pieces you're reforging. (You won't have empyrean stuff to +1 as that's locked behind Vagary clears, but you can at least 109 those.)
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-05-31 06:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already been said, so just to emphasise: Finish RoV asap.

Your gear will instantly bee surpassed by investing in the Records of Eminence (ROE) gearsets, aka: Sparks gear. Which is very easily obtainable. Open your menu > Quests > Tutorial. Finish all that stuff, sparks will roll in as most of it will auto-complete.

After that, if you are in Reddit, then ask Reddit for help ;)
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-05-31 07:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Narvosa said: »
I play on Asura, I am in the reddit linkshell. I have only recently started playing again I do not know much in terms of adoulin gearing. I do have most the survival skills or whatever they are to visit the zones in adoulin.

I do know that JP are farmed through aoeing now, But have not even remotely looked into that. I figure I should work on that since blu gets massive power from JP

I'm on Asura with my new character "aceyyy" my pc is currently being sent to be fixed when I get it back I will surely help you get geared and get through Rov if you still need the help. I don't understand how so many people from
Other servers offer help to people instead of advice(not in the thread) but almost no one from
The Asura server or febrile server posting ever just says I will be able to help you. This blows my mind considering how much time
Most players just sit in adoulin jeuno or white gate and do nothing but wait for shouts
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-05-31 07:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
I don't understand how so many people from
Other servers offer help to people instead of advice(not in the thread) but almost no one from
The Asura server or febrile server posting ever just says I will be able to help you. This blows my mind considering how much time
Most players just sit in adoulin jeuno or white gate and do nothing but wait for shouts

OP is in Reddit Linkshell, I'm in Reddit Linkshell, hence saying "Ask Reddit for help". I know that i'm not the only one in the LS who is willing to just help people, they only need ask :)
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-05-31 07:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
I don't understand how so many people from

OP is in Reddit Linkshell, I'm in Reddit Linkshell, hence saying "Ask Reddit for help". I know that i'm not the only one in the LS who is willing to just help people, they only need ask :)
Your saying if they ask for help why not just offer help instead
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-05-31 08:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Your saying if they ask for help why not just offer help instead

Because we aren't psychic? This is an offer of help, but we don't know who needs what help until they ask. It can be offered on here, but, by the time say both me and the OP are online at the same time, he may have moved onto a different area of help needed. Still, help is always available: Simple really, log on, and either /tell someone directly in the LS, or just say

"/l Hi Linkshell, is anyone free to help me with XXX"

More often than not, at least someone will say "Yeah, lets go do it"
[+]
By Narvosa 2016-05-31 10:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the help guys. I was planning on asking the shell once I figured out exactly what I was going to need help with. I have almost all the sparks sets already that blu can use. I will work on the rhapsody stuff. I remember reading that you need to do prior expansions missions for it. So if that is true will finish up toau and wog.

Again thank you for the help. I can usually Do or find people to help me do stuff it was just a general lack of information on what I should focus on haha.