2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ffxi crash, never seen this one
ffxi crash, never seen this one
By Jetackuu 2016-06-13 12:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

superzombie23 said: »
Jetackuu said: »
If a reinstall of XI and drivers fixes it then it's not a Windower issue...
UM it is when you can log in fine on vanilla windower or Ashita. It's an error the windower devs have not figured out, and its the operating system that's the problem. The only remedy is downgrading your os.

Last I checked Windows 10 (like XP) isn't fully supported, so no it is not their issue. Being able to log in on vanilla is moot.
By superzombie23 2016-06-13 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, so at the end of the day, Ashita is supported on windows 10, so I would use that if you don't want to downgrade.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-13 12:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Have had this error several times, and I can say that I only received it on windows 8/10. However, my issue was in reverse: could only play the game on windower, but vanilla would always crash. And when updates made windower obsolete, I couldn't play vanilla at all. Thought it had to do with the registry (regedit) and that may have fixed it, but really your issue is with windows being sh*tty. There is a way to fix this, but I can't particularly remember.

Have you tried disregarding the stupid FFXI config and simply editing your specs via the regedit? The issue only ever occurred from the launch from POL > FFXI, so I'm pretty sure its a resolutiojn issue that can be fixed by changing the display specs.

There is a ffxiclopedia.org post that can help with adjusting it. Just search "FFXI Graphics"