First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-06-27 15:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
If Hodgson keeps his job now I'm emigrating.

If they don't announce it soon, you might need a visa if you plan on moving to Europe :3
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 15:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like England even made the Iceland keeper work it's an absolute embarrassment, *** the manager, *** the players, I hope they get heckled and rotten fruit and vegetables thrown at them when they land back in England, *** the lot of them.

Never been so angry after a game of football.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-27 15:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why I don't get excited when they do so well in friendlies, because I know when it comes to real games, even against bottom sides they can't perform.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-27 15:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to see the next video of the icelandic commentators..if he was dying when they passed the group I imagine now lol.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-27 15:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's times like this I hate being English.
By Odinz 2016-06-27 15:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

UK will be out of G7 soon for the Hattrick.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-27 15:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Point handout
England 1:2 Iceland

Everyone +0!

I'm happy for Island- with that courage and intelligent play, their way won't stop against France. No one of them is missing the next game!
If France wants to advance they need to step up their game.

Will they be the new Denmark (92)? The new Greece(04)? The 12 years would be the right time since then.

BTW@Seha, already heard the commentator from Island for both goals!
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-27 16:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Roy quit, good riddance.

Everything he said in his speech was complete bollocks though.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 16:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The only player who can come out with their head held high is Rashford and he played 5 minutes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-06-27 16:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez, England taken down by a team whose coach is a dentist. That'll be two events to remember from June 2016.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-27 16:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

At least we won't be talking about *** Brexit for a few days.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-06-27 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hilarious how Hodgson had his speech prepared. He knows them too well.
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-27 17:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Four players in the Iceland team are livestock farmers.
Two are part-time construction workers.
One works part-time in a Reykjavik bank.
Their manager is a practicing dentist.

England, never change... Oh wait.
 Sylph.Frenchman
Server: Sylph
user: frenchman
By Sylph.Frenchman 2016-06-27 17:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The goalkeeper used to be a Commercial clip producer in Islande too
 Ragnarok.Bigsyke
By Ragnarok.Bigsyke 2016-06-27 18:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's enough about the full English Brexit. do ho ho

But seriously, I'd hate to be a plastic chair in Nice tonight.
[+]
 Asura.Baidos
user: Baidos
By Asura.Baidos 2016-06-27 18:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Iceland's coach this guy? ---^ 'cause if it is,then I understand.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-06-27 23:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a harsh, yet expected defeat today. I've tried watching as many of these games as possible, and Iceland have been one of my favorites in the tournament. Even before the last 16 draw, I was hoping they would do well. Then we got the draw saying we would face Iceland, and former England players like Rio Ferdinand said things like "phew, at least it's Iceland and not Portugal."

Yes. He said that. Good job it wasn't Portugal, they would've embarrassed the team even more so. Before the game some pundits were saying England were set to win it. They had some doubts, but it seemed clear cut. I didn't see it that way, I knew the game needed to be treated like a Final, because I knew how organized Iceland was, and it seemed obvious what they were going to do.

I liked the fact the team got an extended break between group games and the knockout game. I thought .. well, they had so much time to prepare; they should've had all bases covered right? Nope. The team did not have their bases covered, and while Joe Hart did let one slip by, our defenders allowed the shot on target. While some are putting the blame mostly on Roy and Joe, I don't. Overall, the team was shocking, and Iceland were amazing.

It reminded me of the game between the Republic of Ireland and Italy. Ireland showed how you take the game by the scruff of the neck til you find something, and they were great whether they were on or off the ball. England's defense wasn't so great. In vintage English fashion, the defense switched off after going 1-0.

Right at the beginning of the match, and the defenders switched off during a throw-in .. a set-piece Iceland's used frequently to great effect. I can't begin to understand how these highly paid players and management team weren't prepared with all the time they had. At half-time Ian Wright suggested Joe Hart could be replaced for the France game. Are we that entitled as a footballing nation .. that even at 2-1 down .. we just assume the teams going to equalize?

I feel like the problem goes further than blaming the players or managers specifically. It's a culmination of a number of things, the obvious one being the premiership and the lack of investment in young English talent. Another factor is the mentality of fans, and how much pressure we put on the team. In my life time I've seen us reach a semi-finals once, back in Euro 96 twenty years ago .. and nothing England has done since comes close to how amazing our players were in that tournament.

But you know what we did in 96? Instead of celebrating the fact we reached the semi-finals, we hated on Gareth Southgate for missing the penalty. That's how bad we are as football fans. Instead of thanking the team for their efforts, we hated Southgate and put all blame on him. That's why the England players play like they do .. they shake in their boots because they know if they mess up, they won't hear the end of it. The mentality of the English football fans needs to change, and resemble something closer to what Iceland or Ireland has.

Expectations need to be lowered. These "top" players from the premier league need to stop being praised like gods before they do anything. And why do they spend half of their time doing shampoo commercials? If they were truly serious about winning a tournament they would be training .. not taking money for shooting commercials. There's no togetherness, there's no loyal fan support for whatever result the team gets, we expect perfection, hype our team through the roof, still expect to win at half time while LOSING to our opponents .. and all that needs to go. Sorry for the long post, but it needed to be said.
By Odinz 2016-06-28 00:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if the premiere league will suffer in some way as a result of brexit. I can see sponsorships being effected.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-28 03:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
I wonder if the premiere league will suffer in some way as a result of brexit. I can see sponsorships being effected.
Manchester Utd offered 120ml€ for Pogba...doesn't seem like they are even fazed.. >_>
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-28 05:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

This is the trouble with the English media, they hype up the team before tournaments, talk down opponents as if we've already won. Then act surprised when they lose again.

England are the biggest underachieving team of the last 20 years. We've had the players, they just can't do it with an England shirt on.

They were expected to beat Iceland but they didn't even turn up. They played like they didn't want to win. Everyone will blame Hodgson of course, but it's not just his fault, he isn't on the field during games.

The media needs to stop hyping up the team because everyone knows it's all bs. Just tell it like it is.
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-28 15:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so excited about the Germany - Italy game already.
It's the only team in the competition where I think losing is more likely than winning.
I give us a 45% rate of winning against them, (without the historic curse taken into consideration).
France we should win 80% of the times based on their display so far and Belgium 70%.
The fear of losing is so thrilling.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-28 15:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to bust your bubble but you're so not the underdog here.. <_<
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-28 15:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't speak of being the underdog, I cosnider 45% to be about equal.
Cannot burst the bubble of my impression with just that.
Out of everyone here I warned of the italian team since before the tournament, and they killed Belgium and Spain 2:0 each.
So I'll continue to trust my feelings towards them.

Germany has yet to play a favourite of the first row in this tournament, so it's a bit hard to judge. I think if we should win, it will be after a troublesome first half thanks to the tactical orders by the italian coach. The key to victory will be wether we can find an answer in the second half or not.
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-06-28 15:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How can England suck so much at a sport they invented amazes me.

They only have 1 World Cup in a game they won with an irregular goal.

That was 50 years ago.
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-29 09:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't agree, Spain didn't play like ***. They were outplayed for the whole period the italian players had enough stamina left and before de Rossi got injured. (Minus afew scenes, cannot control spain all the time)
Once Italy couldn't keep up the system of the first half anymore (very draining style of play), it was the same display by Spain that won 3:0 against Turkey.
They weren't in a bad form that day at all.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-30 06:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really see this game going any other way:

Poland 0 - 3 Portugal
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 07:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Polonia - Portogallo: 0-0

I think it will go into overtime, but it's hard to predict.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-06-30 13:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Each team with an offensive world class player, can go any direction quickly or nowhere at all...I changed my mind several times today already. My first thought was goalless remis, at lunch time I had Portugal in front, in the afternoon I had Poland as winner.

I will go with my first thought.
Poland 0:0 Portugal

Poland fails to give Lewandowski good balls, that much is clear by now. He always is alone against 2-3 Defenders and is the most fouled player of the tournament.
Portugal won't get too many chances. Poland puts defense first and has been successful in doing so. I think we are in for a boring match.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41