Reisenjima Augmenting For Dummies?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Reisenjima augmenting for dummies?
Reisenjima augmenting for dummies?
By mbsaxplayer 2016-05-24 06:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm having some difficulty understanding how the augmenting for Reisenjima gear works. I have my first two pieces (Odyssean and Herculean boots), and if I'm understanding this right, different stones give different chances for augments to occur, but it's random? If that's the case, why do I see tons of BLUs with Herculean armor of the same augments?

For example: if I wanted an Odyssean set with VIT, -DT, and Cure Potency Recieved, how exactly would I go about doing that, if it's randomized?

Also, sorry if this has already been posted, it's 4 am and I just would Selkit ten times without killing him once. I'm a little frazzled.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-05-24 06:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll never get that augment set.

There's three types/slots:
1) Stats (Taupe guarantees a stat augment and the cap is slightly higher.)
2) "Derived" Stats (Pellucid guarantees and increases the cap as well as gives you up to two extra slots with these augments.)
3) Fun stuff. (Fern is aligned here. This is also all the other augments possible. Like Double Attack or DT. So you'll never have two of these.)

Using a Dark Matter, however, allows you to throw all that out the window and get pretty crazy augments.

However, just like original skirmish... The randomness is great.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-24 07:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Random random random.

Here's the rundown for armor.

1) Pellucid stones force at least one attack, accuracy, or att/acc roll and raises the cap to +35 for each. You still have a chance at another attack and another accuracy roll as well, but if those extra rolls put the attack or accuracy over 35, then that roll is dropped.

The distribution is completely random. You are just as likely to get acc +1 as you are to get acc+35.

2) Fern stones force a special stat augment, such as double attack, store TP, critical hit rate, etc. depending on the armor, and also increase the cap by 1 (for example, the most triple attack you can get with taupe or pellucid is +3, but with Fern +4 is possible). Odyssean has a wide pool of possibilities here - more than Herculean. Herculean has store tp, triple attack, critical hit rate, critical hit damage, weapon skill damage to name the ones I remember.

The distribution here is weighted on the lower side. The type you get has an equal chance, but the actual amount is more likely to be +1 or +2. It takes a lot of stones to get augments on the higher side.

3) Taupe stones force an attribute augment and raise the cap to +15. Again depending on the armor and type of augment you select will decide which stats are more likely.

No matter what stone you use, here's the types of "rolls" that can occur (BG says about 60% chance of any particular roll being applied)

1) Attack, Accuracy, or att/acc (forced with Pellucid)

2) Attribute (+1 to +10) (forced with taupe, up to +15)

3) Special stat (range varies based on stat) (forced with Fern, cap raised by 1)

4) More attack

5) More accuracy

The result of the above is what you see all 10,000 times you throw a stone at Reisen equipment - and you will throw a lot of them before you get something you like.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-24 08:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc