Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Returning Player
Returning Player
By Shikkoden 2016-05-23 17:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya! Returning player from 2013, been playing for about half a month.

First off, I've been researching (the amount of research is ridiculous for this game), but is it possible to solo any of the tasks to unlock Oboro? I bought all the items to make Sandung but can't trade it because I haven't done some of the tasks.

2. Do I need job points to wear 119 armor? I'm going to attempt to solo Alluvion Skirmish tonight with all the guides I've read... Is taeon even worth it or should I focus on my AF/+1 upgrades?

3. Lastly, any linkshells recruiting? I mainly play PST time! Sorry for all questions I swear I researched. Thanks!
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-05-23 17:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Oboro access is soloable with decent gear/trusts/etc. As such, it may not be particularly feasible for you yet, but it's doable at some point.
May also just try shouting for help on one, as more established players can go knock out a BC for you in a few minutes or so.

2. Some 119 items have Su1 or Su2 tags (Su for Superior) which require 50 or 100 job points applied to equip. More or less, this applies to items that can be purchased on the AH (or NPC now). Most 119 items can't be directly purchased and don't require JPs to equip.

Alluvion Skirmish gear is good to start with. It just isn't usually worth investing a lot of gil in augmenting these days, with better pieces available. Reforged items are largely situational now too.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-23 18:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fact: Doing Nyzul Uncharted right now (til the end of the month) yields extra rewards, which can include some 119 gear. If you find yourself totally at a loss, give it a shot and make space for the ??? +1 and +2 items.