When Is The Next Free Weekend?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » When is the next free weekend?
When is the next free weekend?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2016-05-21 13:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to play the game for a couple days for fun. Are there any free weekends coming up?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-05-21 13:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now
[+]
By Wordspoken 2016-05-21 13:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, only 13€ per month. You know you want to!
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2016-05-21 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if this was 2008's game, I would :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2016-05-21 14:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How much longer does the free period last? Monday?
By Draylo 2016-05-21 14:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
Maybe if this was 2008's game, I would :P

[-]
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-05-21 15:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
How much longer does the free period last? Monday?
http://bfy.tw/5spM
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-21 15:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

May 23rd 1AM PST
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-21 15:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Eh, only 13€ per month. You know you want to!

It's only 13 bucks!!

Too much people (not you) act like 13 dollars is the difference between going broke or not.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-05-21 16:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy we gonna spark up this debate again? lol. I agree, 13 dollar is not much at all for the amount of entertainment you can get but some people act like its so much.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-05-21 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Oh boy we gonna spark up this debate again? lol. I agree, 13 dollar is not much at all for the amount of entertainment you can get but some people act like its so much.

yo think of it this way, how much do you pay for netflix? look at what is used more?
By Draylo 2016-05-21 16:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even netflix, look at how much people spend on junk food they don't need each month. I'm sure it amounts to more than 13 dollars for a lot of people and you can skip them and be healthier lol.
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2016-05-21 16:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even netflix, look at how much people spend on junk food they don't need each month. I'm sure it amounts to more than 13 dollars for a lot of people and you can skip them and be healthier lol.

Different activities will have different values to people. Its not about the value of the $13, its the value of the activity. Spend the $13 on something that will have a value to you.
[+]
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-05-21 17:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
Different activities will have different values to people. Its not about the value of the $13, its the value of the activity. Spend the $13 on something that will have a value to you.

Like a burger...
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-21 18:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To play for free your service account needed to be brought out of canceled status somewhere around the 10th.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2016-05-21 21:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »

I agree. I love the game, but it isn't the game I love anymore. I am so gimp and so far behind and don't want to have to play catch up and pay money for it. I miss 75-80 cap. I'd pay $13 a month for that for sure.

I just don't like to play solo.
I feel like that's what the game is, now.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-05-21 22:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Too much people (not you) act like 13 dollars is the difference between going broke or not.

I'm a starving grad student :(
[+]
 Siren.Obysuca
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-05-21 23:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
It's only 13 bucks!!

It's not that it's a lot, it's just $13 a month isn't really worth it if you're not on asura or don't like playing the only three jobs that people will invite to things.

Right now with how things are, I can throw $13 out my window and get the same amount of activity as I do on XI.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-05-22 00:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Obysuca said: »
It's only 13 bucks!!

It's not that it's a lot, it's just $13 a month isn't really worth it if you're not on asura or don't like playing the only three jobs that people will invite to things.

Right now with how things are, I can throw $13 out my window and get the same amount of activity as I do on XI.
Sounds like a you problem, not a FFXI one.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-05-22 00:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
It's only 13 bucks!!

Because out of 22 jobs, 19 are never used anymore isn't an XI problem?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-22 00:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Even in the most restrictive manaburn, more than 3 jobs are used.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-22 00:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
It's only 13 bucks!!

I played PUP for 95% of my Aeonic clears. For the other few times I played COR. Out of the 85 NMs in Escha/Reisenjima, we used magic bursts to kill 5 of them. Schah, Albumen, WoC, Vinipata and Zerde, because they are mechanically impossible otherwise.

The only job that REALLY doesn't have a place right now is Monk. Every other job has something, but H2H WS are the worst, and white damage isn't relevant with how powerful skillchains are.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-05-22 01:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
The only job that REALLY doesn't have a place right now is Monk.

>_> Tell that to the horde of shouts for blm, geo and sch only. I've yet to see people take any other job except those in a long while, even if someone starts something in my ls, its always only those jobs and nothing else.

Siren.Kyte said: »

>_> And here's an actual example lol CP pts aren't restricted to only manaburns, but what do I see you only asking for in ls? blm. Every. Single. Day.
Fun fact: Other jobs need CP too
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-22 02:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I say manaburn in the more general sense- not just in terms of CP parties. However, those are open to melees and tank jobs as well so the point stands.
By macsdf1 2016-05-22 04:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd play but no time to dedicate no more. Plus It's more like 40 bucks for me since I'd want to play my 2 mules too.
Only logged in once during the campaign hehe, might try later today to finish the rapsody tho
 Siren.Bloodlusty
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-05-22 04:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a job your own and then show what it can do. I did DRK as i didn't want a bandwagon DD role and I get TOLD to come DRK to events now. Check my youtube channel if you like :)

Bloodlusty 1977
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-22 05:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> Tell that to the horde of shouts for blm, geo and sch only. I've yet to see people take any other job except those in a long while, even if someone starts something in my ls, its always only those jobs and nothing else.

>_> And here's an actual example lol CP pts aren't restricted to only manaburns, but what do I see you only asking for in ls? blm. Every. Single. Day.

People only shout for 3 jobs for CP pt because supply and demand. Pt leader wants cp on their tank or melee jobs so they took the tank or melee spot. In the end only mage spots are open.

It's not that you can't play other jobs, but if you want to play other jobs you have to start your own party and find other players to do the blm geo work.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-22 05:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why people aren't just making melee parties. Melee works just fine on Apex, make a 3-step SC and blow things up. I finished my RUN doing Apex bats as RUN/SAM in full DD gear with a Samurai and occasionally a COR. No BLM involved. Even used a RDM healer, heh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-22 06:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's your experience I guess. It isn't mine.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I don't get why people aren't just making melee parties. Melee works just fine on Apex, make a 3-step SC and blow things up. I finished my RUN doing Apex bats as RUN/SAM in full DD gear with a Samurai and occasionally a COR. No BLM involved. Even used a RDM healer, heh.

A red mage is a better healer than anything else you could have as a healer for a melee party, because Inundation is absurd. It's like one of the most powerful debuffs in the game and I'd wager at least half the player base doesn't use it/don't even know about it.

I very rarely do manaburn CP parties, I just think melee is more fun. That said, you really have to have skilled melee to make it work. And you need a strong closing WS.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-22 07:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on guys. Start ur damn party and invite who the fudge u want lol. Too much "non" leaders complaining about the few jobs they ask for.

Other jobs need CP too? Start ur damn shout. "Melee style JP party do u need it? Ninja warrior dark dragoon can I have it?"
First Page 2