Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ashitacast help
Ashitacast help
By Funf 2016-05-21 10:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

is there anyway to make ashitacast check an ability recast before attempting to use it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-21 15:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As I've said easily 50x now on the bg thread/ah forums/ashita forums/irc, Ashitacast is not meant to use your abilities for you. Idlegear is processed on outgoing chunk, it's not in any way optimized for ability use. Anything like that should be written using the actual lua interface, as it has the necessary functions for proper threading.

I could easily add a check for recast, but I will never do so because I'm sick of this topic coming up. All you're accomplishing by throwing your abilities into your idle section is forcing it to spam them all 3x/second.
By Funf 2016-05-21 18:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

been looking for days i could not find anything anywhere on this topic. so your sick of ppl asking and u could easily fix it so ppl dont ask but you wont? makes a lot of sense ^^. i really dont mind it not checking for recast for my situation cause it only tries to spam for a few seconds. just thought there might be a way to get rid of that to make my scripts better. thanks anyway!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-21 18:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashitacast is not meant to use your job abilities or magic automatically. It is meant to swap equipment. That is how the flow is designed.

A properly designed lua script for automation can use your ability, wait the exact amount of time until you're able to do another action, and check for what to do next. It uses no unnecessary resources and doesn't spam your chat handler.

An ashitacast script where you're using the gear function to spam JAs will have you in the wrong gear constantly, flood the server, and potentially cause lag on every packet cycle. So yes, despite the relative ease of allowing you to bot with ashitacast, I'm not going to do it. In fact, the amount of inquiries on this has me about ready to hardcode ashitacast to block all action requests coming through the command handler.

If you really want to do it, do it the right way.