Forum » FFXI » General » Chocobo Mount
Chocobo Mount
 Odin.Xerric
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Xecil
By Odin.Xerric 2016-05-19 19:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you trade your chocobo whistle in to get a mountable chocobo, when you summon your mount, is it the same chocobo that you raised? or is it a generic chocobo?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-05-19 20:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You speak to the VCS Trainer NPC to register the chocobo you raised to your chocobo whistle (using your VCS registration card for that chocobo)...

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Chocobo_Raising

...I am reasonably sure you can do it at any VCS Trainer NPC, but you might possibly have to do it at the NPC of the stables of the nation in which you raised/started the chocobo quest (sorry, it's been a long time.)
 Odin.Xerric
By Odin.Xerric 2016-05-19 20:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What I mean is, after you get the whistle and then convert it into the mount ability, does using that mount ability summon YOUR chocobo? or a generic chocobo mount?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-05-19 20:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you are confusing the Trainer's Whistle KI from the Mount-quest...

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Mounts

...and the chocobo companion with the Chocobo Whistle item and personal chocobo from raising.

I think you only need a chocobo license to start the Full Speed Ahead! quest and get the related mount(s) no?

But yes, I suppose you would get your personal chocobo if you register it through the Mount system no?
 Odin.Xerric
By Odin.Xerric 2016-05-19 20:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok. You get the chocobo whistle necklace that lets you summon your chocobo.

You can trade that to the little chocobo taru to learn "Chocobo" as a mount that you can summon from the abilities window.

What I'm asking is if the chocobo that you summon from the "Mount" section of 'Abilities" is your own personal chocobo, or a generic yellow chocobo.

The only reason that I'm asking this is because my chocobo is only 4 days old, and I don't want to put in the effort to raise a strong kickass chocobo only for the "mount" to be a generic yellow chocobo that can neither dig, nor look the same as a raised colored chocobo.
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-05-20 01:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I summon a blue Chocobo when I use the mount command after trading the whistle. I can only assume it really is the same bird I get from using the whistle itself (I raised it for digging, but I haven't actually tried digging with it yet to confirm that it has the same stats).
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2016-05-20 03:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is black, and when I use the /mount command, I notice that I have a ride time of 35+ minutes on it. The bird has "Better than average" endurance, so I can only assume that the stats are the same whether you use the whistle item to mount up or the /mount command.
By Xecil 2016-05-20 04:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. Thanks for the info guys.