In Search Of: Very Specific Win7 Xbox Cntr. Drvr

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » In Search Of: Very Specific Win7 Xbox Cntr. Drvr
In Search Of: Very Specific Win7 Xbox Cntr. Drvr
By RolandJ 2016-05-18 20:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Guys,

I am looking for the driver that Windows Update installs for a specific model of the Xbox Controllers that were specially marketed (and designed, apparently) for being used with Windows. I've owned a few different Xbox Controllers and I noticed that my current one, which is specially marketed as "Xbox Controller For Windows" on the package, installed an amazing driver when I first plugged it in.

In the Devices & Printers tab when I went to edit the Game Controller Settings > Properties I noticed that it had 7+ tabs of options and that you could edit so many features - such as changing the triggers between functioning as either buttons, axis, or a few other things. Mind you, this was an official microsoft driver! It installed through Windows Update. I also plugged this controller into a windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 installed a crummy driver that wasn't customizable at all. This might be a Windows 7 specific driver. Maybe windows 8 too, idk.

And this is where my predicament comes in. I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my laptop and I cannot get Windows Update to function. It is stuck on "Checking for Updates" and it never ever ever finds an update. It hasn't found or installed a single update yet. Yes I've installed tons of drivers on my PC to try to help Windows Update to start functioning - nothing has worked. I've spent over 15 hours trying to fix it - getting my drivers from the manufacturer's website and browsing Windows Update error forums and google results. I've ran the offline Windows Update (third party thing) to get the updates that my PC really should have for stability & security's sake and so my laptop is functional enough as it is.

I don't want to fix windows update atm - too much effort has gone into that already. I'd just like to have that xbox controller driver back. I can't get it as my windows update is broken right now and the driver that microsoft includes in the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 64-bit for Windows 7" is a very trashy one compared to the one I had before. Come on Microsoft - you developed this awesome driver - distribute it more!

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance incase anyone has this driver and will hunt down the folder & host it in a .zip or .rar ^^

Roland