Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Gamepad Issues
FFXI Gamepad Issues
By Gestalt 2016-05-18 09:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

hey dudes i was wondering if anyone knew anything about configuring a game pad with the ffxi gamepad config.

i have never had issues with it before but for some reason i brought a new xbox 360 controller and the D-pad wont configure on the directional configuration. although everything else is working.

any one have any suggestion on how to make this work? it's really doing my head in haha.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-18 09:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

See:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48856/controller-not-working/#3100883
 Valefor.Fungar
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Fungar 2016-05-18 09:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i had the same issue with a off brand controller. i had to manually enter the d-pad controller ID #'s in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI

padsin000 there should be a long stiong of #'s mine looks ike this

8,12,13,9,10,0,1,3,2,-1,-1,-1,-1,-33,-33,32,32,-36,-36,35,35,6,7,5,4,-1,-1

the bolded #'s are the dpad i forgot which one is which but just play around with it you will eventually get it(you will have to log in and out every time)

hope this helps a little
[+]
By volkom 2016-05-18 09:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to expand on that. Each value position is a certain action.

Example:
1 - Autorun
2 - Ctrl Macro Pallete
3 - Change View
4 - Alt Macro Pallete
5 - Target Lock / Heal
6 - Cancel
7 - Menu
8 - Confirm
9 - Active Window / Window Options
10 - Hide Windows

I think with the movement/camera/DPad it's up down left right.
By Gestalt 2016-05-18 10:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Fungar said: »
i had the same issue with a off brand controller. i had to manually enter the d-pad controller ID #'s in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI

padsin000 there should be a long stiong of #'s mine looks ike this

8,12,13,9,10,0,1,3,2,-1,-1,-1,-1,-33,-33,32,32,-36,-36,35,35,6,7,5,4,-1,-1

the bolded #'s are the dpad i forgot which one is which but just play around with it you will eventually get it(you will have to log in and out every time)

hope this helps a little

i can find that registery no problem but what do i change the Bold numbers too?

or actually a better question is how do i stop the thumb sticks from being inverted ??!
By Gestalt 2016-05-18 10:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

also, thanks everyone for the helpful replies so far :)
By volkom 2016-05-18 10:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to change the numbers to the numbers that specify the button. Like for example 1 could be the A button
By Gestalt 2016-05-18 10:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Want to change the numbers to the numbers that specify the button. Like for example 1 could be the A button

ok thanks how do i stop the thumb sticks from inverting?
By volkom 2016-05-18 10:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That I'm not quite sure of. I think you can use a negative or a positive value.(I like inverted controls...so never played around with it)

Like in fungars post. -33 I think is used for up and down on movement. So maybe -33,33 may make it normal? Not sure tho
 Valefor.Fungar
By Valefor.Fungar 2016-05-18 15:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

inverting is in the in game config Menu>Config>Mouse/Cam.
[+]
 Valefor.Fungar
By Valefor.Fungar 2016-05-18 15:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

and to get the reg numbers for the d pad i just deleted that registry line go into ffxi config and use the dpad and the first 4 options. i.e. select cancel confirm activate menu (i beleive the dpad works like a button press) go into the registry again and write down the numbers that show up after you save them those will be the 4 numbers you will use int he bolded section after you go back into ffxi config and set up the controller properly then go back into the registry and use those 4 numbers .

Hope that makes sense
By Gestalt 2016-05-19 18:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

OOOKAY!!

want to say a huge thanks to everyone whos taken the time to contribute and help me with this. its all sorted now. thanks very much dudesss!!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2434 days between previous and next post]
By ProfNES 2023-01-17 19:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gotta say this thread saved me needing to completely invest in a new gamepad after blowing a membrane on what used to be my primary. I'd managed to resurrect my very first USB dual-analog from around about when XI was new just a day before, but... its D-pad was Button 1 thru Button 4, meaning it was literally impossible to press Button 1 to confirm the buttons I wanted to use for menu controls in the usual config tool.

In return, my analysis of the registry entry as such:
For starters, every number in the registry entry is 1 below the corresponding "Button #" as presented in the config tool. This is not entirely surprising, since computer indexing tends to be based on offsets from a starting memory location, and therefore most computer numbering schemes start at 0, not 1. So in my case, e.g., if D-Pad Right would show up as Button 1 in any of the other picker menus, I'd want to set the corresponding registry position to 0.

There appear to be 27 value positions in the registry string, delimited by commas, no spaces.

If a position has no assigned button, the value should be -1.

The positions are, in order,
01. autorun (L1)
02. macro (L2)
03. change view (R3)
04. macro (R2)
05. heal/lock (L3)
06. cancel (circle)
07. menu (square)
08. select (cross)
09. window (triangle)
10. hide menus (select)
11. operate menus with movement controls
12. operate camera with movement controls
13. logout (start)
14. ?? (control axis?)
15. ?? (control axis?)
16. ?? (control axis?)
17. ?? (control axis?)
18. ?? (control axis?)
19. ?? (control axis?)
20. ?? (control axis?)
21. ?? (control axis?)
22. menu up (Dpad up)
23. menu down (Dpad down)
24. menu left (Dpad left)
25. menu right (Dpad right)
26. screenshot (R1)
27. toggle movement/menu/camera controls

That swath of ??s are almost certainly analog axis indices. They appear to be assigned in matching pairs, and can be negative, which might be an indicator of reversing the direction of the axis, but since there's no clean way elsewhere in the configuration app to see how it interprets non-binary fields, I can't derive any more hard info on them. But if you set all of them to -1 and then config-tool assign the stick/slider you want to exactly 1 movement control, it should be pretty quick work to derive. I'll see if I can update this post if I get around to it myself.