First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 116 117 118
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2016-05-26 01:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
I've put so much time into the game already that I honestly can't stomach to reroll lol. Hoping i get him with my 10 free tickets :(

This. Awaken mats are annoying and building a solid amount of NRG (energy? weirdest shorthand) from rank ups takes time. I still see posts on reddit about rerolling. I couldn't imagine not actually playing by now. Getting the good characters is great and all, but I'd hate to start weeks behind others in the above two areas.

And grats Proth. I look forward to taking your Cecil into Ifrit v2. :x
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-26 01:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

been spamming the ***out of grandshelt exit, hopefully can hit r20 by tomorrow so i have an even 30 energy for cactuar stuff. no real reason aside from OCD but meh, not much better for me to do atm than farm rank aside from grind more heavenly ash

can't wait til Cecil goes 6* though. 75% chance on taking any form of dmg to raise SPR and DEF by 50% + Provoke (70% chance to take attacks for 3 turns). Gonna be 2 stronk. Also for those who use my Cecil as a friend summon, his LB got upgraded by the 5* upgrade: it now enhances attack by 20% in addition to 20% DEF and SPR.
[+]
By zoris 2016-05-26 03:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe there is something I'm missing, but is there any way to transfer accounts on global between devices besides using attached facebook account? Read JP have a button to do a password transfer, but it wasn't in my menu when I checked.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-26 10:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Some tips for the cactuar event and a viable way to manage resources til it starts:

-Don't claim the maintenance energy compensation bottle until the cactuar event, it lasts in the mailbox for 5 days.

-Don't claim the 25 energy daily login bonus until the cactuar event. That is to say, do not claim it so that it goes into the mailbox. If it's already claimed to your mailbox this won't work.

55 extra stamina straight out the gate for cactuar farming
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2016-05-26 20:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone familiar with the JP version? Curious if friend summons are ever given additional awake levels, if more are released, and if there are ever any campaigns that buff the draws in some way, like adding some of the lapis summons to it or anything.

Sitting on a little over 9k friend points. Buffed my friend list up to 125 (read the cap is 130, but I can't increase it anymore, maybe a bump in size at some rank?) and I'm not really hurting on gil. Curious if I should continue hoarding them or if they never get anything additional and I may as well burn them all for trusts.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-05-26 23:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So currently, I have 3 4star capped units on my team, (Russel, Rydia, and Shadow)

I'm sure I'll get better units down the road eventually. But when I do, What do I do with my old 4star units? sell for gil? enhance? keep?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-27 00:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Anyone familiar with the JP version? Curious if friend summons are ever given additional awake levels, if more are released, and if there are ever any campaigns that buff the draws in some way, like adding some of the lapis summons to it or anything.

Sitting on a little over 9k friend points. Buffed my friend list up to 125 (read the cap is 130, but I can't increase it anymore, maybe a bump in size at some rank?) and I'm not really hurting on gil. Curious if I should continue hoarding them or if they never get anything additional and I may as well burn them all for trusts.

List of 4->5 and 5->6 in the nearest future is in the OP. Friend points are for summons only, mostly for trust materia. Occasionally there are special events that cause you to also get XP cactuars, gil turtles, and trust moogles along with the summons. Not worth holding on to them too much though. Every set of characters added after the first 3 (after launch) will likely have drop rate bonuses. That said a lot of the best characters (Lightning being the best in the game) are 4* or 5* only so have a lower drop rate by proxy.

So currently, I have 3 4star capped units on my team, (Russel, Rydia, and Shadow)

I'm sure I'll get better units down the road eventually. But when I do, What do I do with my old 4star units? sell for gil? enhance? keep?

If they have unique or good ability sets (Breaks, Poison, Paralyze, Sleep, etc.) keep them, otherwise can sell for gil or use to XP boost someone better.

THE CAC BONANZA IS ON. 100% chance of at least 1 jumbo metalcac per ADV run, im getting 2 on most runs.

Next week we get another campaign: http://imgur.com/a/01nuJ
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-05-27 03:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

hawt :0

since upgrading is going to cost a bit of gil, going to use any extra cac's (smaller ones pref) and sell 1-2star units for all the gil back 8D
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-05-27 16:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I pulled a 3star Rakshasa, Is she worth leveling or should I wait on something better from 10tickets D:

She seems decent, But would love a second opinion before I toss a ton of cac's into her lol.

edit- also, I thought rydia was able to go to 5stars, but mine won't awaken again at 4stars. Do some units get an upgrade in the future?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-05-27 17:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the point in having normal cactuars in this event -.-
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-05-27 17:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
whats the point in having normal cactuars in this event -.-

Rng
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-27 19:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

edit- also, I thought rydia was able to go to 5stars, but mine won't awaken again at 4stars. Do some units get an upgrade in the future?

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
List of 4->5 and 5->6 in the nearest future is in the OP.

Rydia is one of these
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-27 19:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

AW YEH cactuar dunes counts toward the vortex daily
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-28 18:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

All my Lapis is going to Celes
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2016-05-28 21:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Any dates? Thought my event page was fixed with the previous updates but I don't see those listed anywhere. One of those awakening bundles better have Heaven's Ash. I don't mind paying to cut that single mat out of the awakening process as long as it's decently priced.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-05-28 21:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me appreciate dena even more. Alim/gumi shove stuff in your face to buy buy buy. On rk there isn't even a visible icon to spend, unless you look for it. Brave Frontier is like that too. Non stop character banners and rarely give out gems for free. Good games don't get me wrong. Just a huge difference in developers.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-05-28 23:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
Makes me appreciate dena even more. Alim/gumi shove stuff in your face to buy buy buy. On rk there isn't even a visible icon to spend, unless you look for it. Brave Frontier is like that too. Non stop character banners and rarely give out gems for free. Good games don't get me wrong. Just a huge difference in developers.

yeah I'm actually kind of sad at how rare lapis is in this game, FFRK kind of just hands you myth for everything at least D:
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2016-05-28 23:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Reddit mentions that JPs get lapis from more things, though I dunno what. There's also a daily buy that's 50% off. I'm sure once global officially launches we'll go through a period of lots of extra.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-29 00:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to keep in mind that the game hasn't officially released yet and that we're still on the tutorial island as well. We haven't had any real events or progression as of yet.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-05-29 08:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

do i have to use facebook to save data if i want to continue on another device or does google do it for me?
Server: Ultros
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-05-29 12:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Facebook.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-05-29 12:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well because I have no good healer and not a great team. Stuck on colosseum A-3 boss :( he hits hard. Oh well
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-30 03:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Land of Plenty event is pretty lame. Decent for water magicite but otherwise it's just a beginner level dungeon that shits out low tier mats
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-30 04:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If your struggling with white dragon. Farm lands of plenty and teach siren silence. That boss fights hardest moves are magic. If you land it and bio you should be able to crash your way through or sleep/paralyse him after.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-31 06:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing a bit of research, so i hope this helps people.
Based on my last post, Siren teaches Silence if you do not have a character who learns it. Apparently there is also a box with Silence recipe in it, i don't know the location but ill let you know if i find it.

If your struggling for a good healer, or someone with just cura, Anastasis from the friends summon learns Cura.
You also get the Recipe for it in the Colosseum, at Intermediate rank, C Round 5.

I've also been informed the hardest boss in-game right now is Ifrit 2. A few people on my Friends list are working on him. It's the hardest boss fight, it has 120k HP, so double that of white dragon. You NEED a dedicated healer, and Barfira for that fight. OFC Silence helps.

Also If you diddn't figure out, Sleep dagger is a 30% Proc rate, BUT. If your character who's using it has a Multi-hit, say Edgar, as their default attack, and their first hit is the sleep, you will wake them up with the other hits. So if you have it, Use it on a character who has a single hit. Like Penelo.
By zoris 2016-05-31 06:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The A-3 boss gave me some trouble too, since I'm still lacking a dedicated healer, but switching out to a keeping it blinded and slept strategy while doing chain nukes it was pretty straightforward.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-31 10:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

zoris said: »
The A-3 boss gave me some trouble too, since I'm still lacking a dedicated healer, but switching out to a keeping it blinded and slept strategy while doing chain nukes it was pretty straightforward.
if you do friend rolls a lot, keep a Anastasis or if you have her, use Maria. I got Maria today, finally got rid of Penelo from my main team.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-05-31 11:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I swapped in anzelm (not a great healer) and powered through that boss. on S-Rank now. Also farming earth cores....sucks. I hate this game >.> lol
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-31 11:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Ya I swapped in anzelm (not a great healer) and powered through that boss. on S-Rank now. Also farming earth cores....sucks. I hate this game >.> lol
I have a stack of them i need sacred crystals so bad..
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-05-31 13:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That moment when you find out Krile has doublecast at 4* and will be your best healer... but look and remember you sold her to make room for metal gigantaurs xD Dammit
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 116 117 118