Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 116 117 118
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-31 07:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy counter does count as white magic sadly.

Speaking of the trial though, does anyone have an I Nichol they can put up for a bit? I've nearly completed a perfect evasion unit and want to try nightmare now, but have yet to pull him still.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-10-31 19:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I can swap to iNichol.

It is up. He should be fairly durable.
By Creecreelo 2017-10-31 21:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Swapped my companion to K. Delita if iNichol doesn't work out and you want to try another route.

Edit: If you need Eccentrick, let me know and I'll change out Pod to Pouch.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-31 22:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys, will do in the morning... had a crazy day today and didn't get a chance to try
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-01 16:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the I nichol, but i still failed lol. I'm just not strong enough to use a support friend unit. If i had 2 good chainers, maybe id have a shot, but soul siphon is too much to deal with in a long *** fight lol. I know this was nightmare difficulty, but it seems gumi is increasing the difficulty of things which is nice and will motivate me to get better asap lol.
By Creecreelo 2017-11-01 17:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems you've only tried iNichol so far? If you are struggling with Soul Siphon, I'd really suggest just trying one more time with my K. Delita before throwing in the towel. It's crazy how much -64% Att/Mag can make a difference in the fight. Just let me know if you need Eccentrick.
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-11-01 17:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

igave up on trying the fight i had 200 keys stored up im trying to burn them today on the castle keep for more upgrade mats
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-01 18:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Creelo im willing to give it a shot and pretty sure we're already friends too. I just wish i had my own ace or i nichol. I should have given ilias a shot but didnt feel like lvling him for this. But yes, if you're willing to throw k delita up there id appreciate it and yes please on eccentrick.
By Creecreelo 2017-11-01 18:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok switching out Pod for Pouch!
By Creecreelo 2017-11-01 18:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Some advice I'd give through this method is to try to play very defensively at the start; you'll likely not be able to use K. Delita's LB at the start. Once you get K. Delita's LB on, things become much easier to manage. From there, you just gotta keep his LB rotation going every 3 turns, which with Eccentrick isn't too difficult to manage. Gl!!
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-01 20:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, ill get started soon
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-02 10:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a Dark Espers carry thread on reddit, if anyone needs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7ab3lz/gl_beast_of_the_dark_solo_carry/

And last day for hairpin exchange.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-02 11:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Creelo your k delita is OP as hell. However, i still lack the damage to push it down. I'm stuck in a cycle between 41% and 38% because of its self cure move. It can't kill me, but i can't kill him either lol.

Not doing another attempt so thanks everyone for the help.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-02 13:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What units are you working with?
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-02 15:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If that was at me riki, i was using delita, WoL, Marie, Fryevia, and ayaka with k delita from creelo. The dmg wasn't enough going that route so i swapped out ayaka for a 2nd, much weaker Fry and the dmg wasn't fast enough to overcome soul siphon sans an mp battery. Other notable units i could have tried instead are 95% evade chizuru but no I Nichol, ling, tidus, EV, and an unfinished soleil that I've been working on getting fully enhanced but isn't quite there yet. Don't think any of my other units have anything even remotely useful to offer.
By Creecreelo 2017-11-02 17:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Creelo your k delita is OP as hell. However, i still lack the damage to push it down. I'm stuck in a cycle between 41% and 38% because of its self cure move. It can't kill me, but i can't kill him either lol.

Not doing another attempt so thanks everyone for the help.

Blarghhh, I wish I could provide more! >.< It really sucks that they included that regeneration move where it cures its HP/MP; it feels like such an unnecessary DPS check.

How would you say your Tidus is? The boss does already have a weakness to water, perhaps you could exploit that further? Maybe Tidus would be stronger than Fry for dmg?

I bet those keys/nrg are adding up though, so I'd understand wanting to just move on. :(
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-02 17:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you slap a DC on a high MAG user of yours with Ramuh? DC Osmose could drain a TON out of him. You want to get all 100k MP before the 60% threshold and then stay on top of it post 60%. I used Cid's Duskblade. Or, has anyone looked at a buffed Garnet+2 with Baha?

Edit: I see Fryevia has Osmose Blade.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-02 18:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I've deeply considered using tidus, but my focus has been primarily on Fry when it comes to TMR farming. My best GS is probably the one from Rain's trial, but that's a fire weapon and I don't have katana mastery TMR to boost his attack either. If I had to guess, I'd say I can get Tidus around 800 atk, maybe a hair short and run jecht shot for water elemental.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-02 18:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest issues is MAG moves are based on how much MP he has, so MAG BREAK DOES NOTHING BUT REDUCE SOUL SIPHON. You can also reduce how much he takes, since it's based on MAG, by buffing SPR and gearing for SPR.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-02 18:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I've been removing his mp, that isn't a concern. My lack of spr gear/buffs hurt a bit but with creelo's k delita, that renders soul siphon nearly pointless when coupled with an mp battery. My dps is the biggest roadblock. I can't kill it fast enough so i need k delita to break his mag so i dont lose all of my mp on soul siphon. However, this means i have to use my friend slot on k delita and i lack a pair of well geared chainers on my own team so i can go slowly and get stuck in a cycle of him healing himself or i can attempt to go fast and run out of mp lol
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-02 21:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. What about an Ace+2? He can cover you for MP battery (min 45-max 140). Tri-beam can give you a 7 chain (not huge) but min 2.8-max 22.5 (bonus imperil -75% fire/light/lightning). Or I can do a 100% evasion Soleil to give you 120% buffs.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-02 22:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are all great options but wouldnt push me over the edge. I lack my own I Nichol to make use of soleil, ace does very well, but the ace i tried originally kept getting drained to 0 mp
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-02 23:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are all great options but wouldnt push me over the edge. I lack my own I Nichol to make use of soleil, ace does very well, but the ace i tried originally kept getting drained to 0 mp

I'll set mine. He's at 345 SPR unbuffed and 330 MP. I think he lost maybe 100 MP. As long as he has 10MP, he'll give at least 45.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-11-03 03:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I already wrote this up somewhere else so I'm gonna put it here too.

Quote:
At the expense of hundreds of NRG, I have a tested (killed him 4 out of 4 times this way) strategy that is pretty much as safe as you're going to get on this boss. Anyone who hasn't cleared yet can try this as a last ditch. Forgoes 5-man objective which is worthless anyway. It's a little bit heavy on character requirements and pretty light on TMs (anyone who can clear this fight will probably have them from TM mog events and lots of Firion/Charlotte banners). This fight isn't really made for people who don't have some equipment/materias though, unfortunately.

DD: Any good chainer. Agrias/Dark Veritas/Orlandu, Tidus, A2, 2B, etc.; this will also be your friend unit. Both your unit and your friend need a form of MP drain, be it a natural skill (Orlandu's Nightsword for example) or from Odin (Lance).

Tank: Warrior of Light. Will need his breaks.

Healer: Tilith is ideal as she can buff elemental resistance, recover party MP, and heal without costing you 3 summon tickets. Luka also works but she is not as versatile, and will need to be enhanced. If you don't care about the tickets just bring whoever, obviously with Ayaka being the best.

Support: Soleil (at least 1 offense and 1 defense dance enhanced, I suggest SPR dance) and Rikku (you don't need her TM for this; she will need to equip Lakshmi with Assuring Protection unlocked and, if you have one, a Second Knife or a spare Dual Wield materia)

Set everyone up with as much fire resistance as possible. I used a couple of Equip L Shield and Equip H Armor materias to give Flame Mail to Soleil and a Dragon Shield to my healer. It's worth dropping the an HP materia for it. I had everyone with at least 50%, some with significantly more than that. Equip Ifrit to your squishiest unit (probably Soleil); you need to keep Odin on your DD if they don't have innate MP drain capability. Otherwise I loaded everyone who wasn't my DD up with as much HP and SPR as I could muster; pretty much everything except Mechanical Heart and Mog Rise being easy enough to obtain/free materia. Now for a general outline of what you'll be doing.

----------------------------------------------------

Turn 1: This is all about surviving his initial onslaught, this will effectively be the most dangerous part in the entire fight if you do this right. Start off with double MP drain from your DDs; they're probably DW units so you're gonna drain MP 4 times which'll greatly dampen his magic power. Synthesis on Rikku, +100% SPR dance on Soleil, ATK/MAG break with WoL, and whatever is best for your healer (Tilith can do break resist/defend; Ayaka can toss up Reraise on your squishies; Luka can put up Regenerate which will probably last the whole fight depending on your luck with Esper orbs).

Now there'll be two paths you can take from here, depending on whether you're doing the Esper summon challenge (A) or not (B):

Turn 2 A: If you had deaths, have Soleil use the next couple turns to Phoenix Down, otherwise she can autoattack for orbs. Have your DDs finish off the boss's HP with their MP absorbs. WoL can toss on "Light is with us!". Have Rikku toss up Hyper NullAll to ease your healer's life until we get into our full Esper orb rotation. Speaking of healers, odds are your team is a bit roughed up right now, so toss out some heals.

Turn 2 B: Like in the Esper orb path, have Soleil focus on raising your dead if necessary, otherwise continue her dance string by applying your 120% offense dance. DDs finish the boss's MP. WoL is still going to put up AoE cover and Rikku will still use Hyper NullAll. Your healer will also go ahead and patch things up.

Turn 3 A: This is the start of your Esper farm loop. Once all of your dead are back up, Soleil will be autoattacking every turn (unless your healer can't MP battery, then you'll be using her to toss out ether, chocolate, and elixirs). Your DDs will also go ahead and autoattack so that you don't push the boss through too many thresholds before you have both Espers summoned. WoL's third turn can be used for a number of things depending on your personal necessities: if your WoL is strong/has Mechanical Heart, he can probably autoattack for an extra chance at an orb. If he's a bit on the weaker side defensively (mine was not anything special at all, so this probably isn't the case), you may want to use Defend. You can also toss up Brave Presence to bait single target spells, giving him a chance to counter with Warrior's Pride and get back some MP, which he will burn through fast. Rikku will be your main orb generator here: Thunder Rod deals little damage, but hits many times, giving you lots of chances at orbs. You'll be repeating this general rotation until you've summoned both Titan and Lakshmi, hopefully before the boss reaches 59% HP:

4, 7, 10, etc.
DDs: Auto
WoL: Arms Eraser
Soleil: Auto/Ether
Rikku: Synthesis if your WoL needs mitigation/Lightning Rod
Healer: Autoattack/MP Recovery/heal WoL

5, 8, 11, etc.
WoL: Light is with us!
Rikku: Hyper NullAll if your WoL needs mitigation/Lightning Rod

6, 9, 12, etc.
WoL: Auto/Defend/Brave Presence
Rikku: Lightning Rod

Finishing it off: This will be the same for both paths. The general goal is to get the boss as close to 60% as you can without going over while simultaneously applying all of your buffs, imperils, and having a healthy level of MP. List of things you'll want before making the push:

-Imperils if applicable; Blitz Ace, Divine Ruination, etc.
-Arms Eraser
-Light is with us!
-Hyper NullAll
-Assuring Protection (this will be applied by Rikku on her third turn, right after Hyper NullAll, effectively taking the place of Lightning Rod)
-All four of Soleil's 120% buffs. SPR is particularly important to dampen any possible Soul Siphons

Once all of that is applied (at most it takes three turns), you can push him below 60%. I personally did this using Bahamut's Megaflare on my healer to cap off a chain from my DDs to shave off a turn or two, but it isn't necessary (as you'll see in the video, where I am a big dumb and don't do this, which in retrospect cost my Tidus an early death). By now you will be immune to Confusion, WoL will be eating the Wailing Strike and few autoattacks, his MP should still be so low that a majority of his dark magic will be dealing l i t t l e d a m a g e, and any rogue post-Soul Siphon Hailfires will deal much less damage thanks to your stacked fire resistance from gear and Hyper NullAll. Your team should be able to sustain up to two turns of Soul Siphon; if you're lucky, he might not even use it twice. But if you get hit by the RNG stick, pop MP drains to bring him back down to manageable levels and continue chaining. A set of decent to well equipped DDs should down him in 3-4 turns of chaining; obviously some units will have an easier time with this (Tidus and Orlandu/Agrias are stronger, in particular, due to the boss's innate elemental resistances favoring them; A2 is good all the time she's a cheater and probably hacks) but ymmv.

Hopefully, after all of that, he's dead and you're still alive. It can get chaotic if he gets too many turns under 40%; Eternal Torment and Soul Siphon on the same turn followed by enough Hailfires will wipe you unless you have a lot more fire resistance than I did, and there's not a lot you can do about that besides pray (and if you're a dirty cheesy individual, you could reset the turn by closing the app if you see too many Hailfires coming down, I guess...).

Good luck, it's a doozie of a fight. I'd post all of this on reddit but there's already like 20 guides on there so whatever.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Video example. This isn't exactly what you should be doing, but instead it's a showcase of how little you need to do this and general tactics. Obviously Ayaka is not mandatory here, and Agrias would work as a DD (however she will kill more slowly than Tidus), therefor you do not need any 5* bases.
A few things in this video that you shouldn't do:

-Don't start the fight like I did. I did this to show the Esper orb rotation without breaking my kill-him-quick rotation later on. You will want to start with MP drains to avoid unnecessary damage.

-Don't use Megaflare to "cap" Blitz Ace, that was really dumb.

-Don't let him survive at 1% and kill an innocent sports star.
[+]
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-11-03 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Did an EX pull got my 5th Trance Terra I can get two to 7* or 1 to 7* with stmr and one left over it is saddening.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-11-03 09:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »

I'll set mine. He's at 345 SPR unbuffed and 330 MP. I think he lost maybe 100 MP. As long as he has 10MP, he'll give at least 45.

Thanks riki, your Ace is OP as hell too. Still in a bit of a cycle with Eternal Torment, but things are looking good, at 30% right now and slowly pushing it down.

Edit: Finally downed that awful trial with riki's Ace. Thanks everyone for the help with all the different strategies i attempted lol. Still no I Nichol though...
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-11-03 12:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »

Thanks riki, your Ace is OP as hell too. Still in a bit of a cycle with Eternal Torment, but things are looking good, at 30% right now and slowly pushing it down.

Edit: Finally downed that awful trial with riki's Ace. Thanks everyone for the help with all the different strategies i attempted lol. Still no I Nichol though...

YAY! GG!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 116 117 118