Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 116 117 118
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2017-01-03 21:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd best behind Snow or Cecil? I do have 6* Cecil tho...
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-01-03 22:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

White Knight is a better tank. He can increase chance of being targeted by 80% and reduce damage by 50% where Cecil is single target defend (Golem's Provoke is 70% target and NO damage reduction). White Knight has a really decent counter ability and can wear robes for SPR. Cecil has better buff support with Focus and LB and can heal. I think Cecil is better overall, but WKN is a better tank.

Edit: and WKN has decent MAG
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-01-03 23:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When I'm doing really hard fights I turtle with both cecil and snow. Snow has an innate 50% chance of being targeted with draw attacks. That + provoke = guarenteed focus on snow. After provoke is up snow just spams defend. And i can have cecil healing and buffing alongside refia. The cool thing is, cecil will often jump in front of snow, i gave cecil carbuncle for bonus spr and the bar spells, so my cecil has ALOT of def and spr and by jumping in front of snow I guarentee cecil gets hit with his cover passive that boosts his defenses. What usually happens is, snow will take a hit or two and then cecil will jump in front and soak the rest. I've never had either of my tanks die with this turtle set up. Now things may take a bit to kill ( and good lord snow's counter animation is stupid long), but its a very safe way to do alot of hardest difficulty boss fights for the trust moogles. For my other members I usually bring my Luneth attacker (i wanted noctis, *** this game -.-) and friend attacker. The last member I bring is either agrias for break or Cloud of darkness for omni veil + status removal + armor break. But like I said this is a very slow and steady set up, so I only ever use it on those one time hard boss fights.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-01-04 00:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i run two accounts both use cecils i just give him every hp/def/spr pot i can get the first account has
HP:6275
DEF:495
SPR:195
the other has
HP:6609
DEF:508
SPR:208
they both use blood sword /escutcheon / grand helm/force armor / defender's bracer / muscle belt
Cecil has a 75% chance to block with 50%chance of dmg mitigation native ability "Saintly wall", I also use provoke from golem for higher chance to be targeted, i havent lost an arena fight since the first week it came out and i was still gearing up pts for it.

Ive only got one good unlocked tm on both accounts cause i dont grind shrine or bot them up. The leader of pt one is a 500 cod(i didnt get lunar pestle) with dual wield and pt 2 is a 557 atk elza with barrage. Ive done all the released content so far without much issue. I'm just waiting til one account pulls a luneth, or lightning so i can have some fun. I haven't spent any money on it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-04 02:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
White Knight is a better tank. He can increase chance of being targeted by 80% and reduce damage by 50% where Cecil is single target defend (Golem's Provoke is 70% target and NO damage reduction). White Knight has a really decent counter ability and can wear robes for SPR. Cecil has better buff support with Focus and LB and can heal. I think Cecil is better overall, but WKN is a better tank.

Edit: and WKN has decent MAG

You've got it backwards, Noel is better for single targets and Cecil is better for AoE. Noel has no tools at his disposal to protect any allies from AoEs, Cecil can reduce the damage both he and a party member take due to his huge Cover rate. Cecil's got much better utility (Curaja on a tank unit is huge especially when you give him Dual Cast) outside of tanking as well and never has to waste a turn casting a buff to provide him with his Cover chance. Noel's primary draw is his chance at Paralyzing attackers which is nice in Arena, but he simply is not a stronger tank, merely a strong one.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-01-04 11:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My Cecil only covers one person and then everyone else gets hit, where WKN can draw fire and take 50% less while doing so (protecting everyone).

Edit: I have to run Pecil though since I have Noctis and his flasks are hybrid so Focus is massive.

WKN review/compare
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-01-04 17:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That isn't how Cover or AoEs work. Draw Fire does nothing to mitigate AoEs for the party at all and Cecil's Cover has its 75% chance to proc, Defending an ally completely from AoE damage and reducing all of Cecil's incoming damage by 50% without costing a turn.

Draw attacks draws all single target attacks to that unit but has 0 effect on AoE attacks, whereas Cecil can Cover at least one friendly unit from an AoE, providing more damage mitigation. It's also worth noting that not only does Cecil have stronger defensive stats, but his Saint's Wall also provides a passive -50% damage taken on Cover.

This is all ignoring Cecil's superior LB and access to Curaja which, again, is massive and even more of an answer to AoE damage which Noel simply can not match. It's also blatantly ignoring Espers, which give Cecil an additional layer of party protection in the form of Golem's Provoke which, while not the 100% of Attract + Bring it On, is an additional 70% chance to draw attacks toward Cecil on single targets or powerful single target attackers which still works if he is covering someone if it is needed.

If we really want to talk about single target tanks anyway, Noctis blows Noel away when he's set up.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
Server: Asura
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-05 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they are ranking Noctis high enough on the "suggested" unit rankings page. I've got several 800+ attack Noctis on my friend list and they're just absurd.

Fire Flask is so ridiculous, let alone everything else he can do.

The hilarious part is that we got the nerfed version of him because the JP game is too far ahead and has more units to compete with. We don't even have Orlandu yet.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2017-01-05 19:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Noctis is so versatile that it is difficult for me to decide what I want him to do. He can main heal, support, tank, dps, or mix any of those and do it well and AoE. His LB is also the strongest move in the game despite being hard to charge up, which is easily fixed with other units with Entrust. His TM also works extremely well on just about any character and we also got the super nerfed version of that.

He's also absurdly difficult to kill to the point he can probably solo or get close to soloing content no other characters can do.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-06 00:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ciri Zireael said: »
Noctis is so versatile that it is difficult for me to decide what I want him to do. He can main heal, support, tank, dps, or mix any of those and do it well and AoE. His LB is also the strongest move in the game despite being hard to charge up, which is easily fixed with other units with Entrust. His TM also works extremely well on just about any character and we also got the super nerfed version of that.

He's also absurdly difficult to kill to the point he can probably solo or get close to soloing content no other characters can do.

Exactly this. He should be ranked higher than lightning and luneth for sure. But then again that's why those rankings are mostly a shabby guideline or top units. It's still pretty good though.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-01-16 13:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He is more like... broken af.

I failed at pulling ANY "main" protagonists from the featured banners which means I missed many OP characters, most notably, Lightning, Luneth and Noctis.

Some characters are on a whole different level. They are more like 6*+++.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-01-16 20:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Drew Luneth on the FFT0 banner, nice surprise.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2017-01-16 21:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
I don't think they are ranking Noctis high enough on the "suggested" unit rankings page. I've got several 800+ attack Noctis on my friend list and they're just absurd.

The hilarious part is that we got the nerfed version of him because the JP game is too far ahead and has more units to compete with. We don't even have Orlandu yet.

I personally don't agree with the unit rankings on the wiki either, but they rate the unit based on its abilities alone. Noctis and Gilgamesh are both far stronger when TM are taken into account.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-01-16 22:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Drew Luneth on the FFT0 banner, nice surprise.

I got a rainbow yesterday. Fking 5* Warrior of Light my ***. ARGH. They need to get that rainbow/gold crystal fix in place asap.

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
Asura.Clinpachi said: »

I personally don't agree with the unit rankings on the wiki either, but they rate the unit based on its abilities alone. Noctis and Gilgamesh are both far stronger when TM are taken into account.

Agree!
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-01-16 23:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I put some money into trying to get noctis, to no avail. Told myself I will never spend money again lol ( good luck with that). But right now I'm saving tickets to go all in when Balthier comes out. The wiki has his kit up and it looks fun.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Creecreelo 2017-02-16 19:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just feel inclined to finally make a post saying that I've really been enjoying playing this game for the past month. @____@

Wish I had started this sooner than playing the crapfest that is Pokemon Go for so long when it came to mobile gaming.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-02-16 19:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure to try your damnest to pull 2 Leon this event.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-02-16 19:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It really is a nice game to play. I like the characters and the fact it actually has a story line unlike FFRK. The randomness of the draws can be annoying but you can make by with some of the 3 or 4 stars that can be upgraded to 6 star. I personally got my first TM dual wield and it caused a huge jump in my damage. I feel I have more fun with Brave Exvius than I do with Record Keeper.
By Creecreelo 2017-02-16 19:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As a fan of FF and most other Square games, I've been loving all the different characters they put out, especially that even minor heroes/villains are playable. And there seems to be a lot of depth with customization of characters and their abilities, especially through Trust master rewards, which I really love too.

I think my only main complaint is that I wish more characters were 6-star'd atm. Like Vivi and Shantotto are capped only at 4-stars right now? That seems so silly to me. It seems like they update characters further as the game is in development though, which gives me some hope that more past characters will be upgraded further.

Edit: AND THE MUSIC IS AMAZING, needed to get that in too lol
By Ciri Zireael 2017-02-16 20:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Vivi is still 4* in JP afaik? Shantotto is 5* max.
By Creecreelo 2017-02-16 22:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Vivi is still 4* in JP afaik? Shantotto is 5* max.

So Shantotto can go up to 5-star in JP but not the US client of the game? Does this mean she eventually will in the US if so?
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2017-02-16 23:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly recommend farming dualcast after dual wield if your main healer does not have it. Most of the 6 star main healers don't. It makes a world of difference when my refia can heal for 4k AoE a turn instead of 2k and when i add Cecil heals in they can do a combined total of 5.5k aoe heal. Trust me, on the elite version, this stuff hits stupid hard, even with Embolden, Focus and Barspells.... (FU double break breath + release... FU!!!!)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-02-17 01:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuUozAt0n1KPzQy6sZltxeFH7Q8U6rjrnPudvGo8Ma7i7hNw/viewform

250 pull + 19 tickets

3*: Charlotte x2, Shantotto x2, Firion x4, Cloud of Darkness, Zidane (#6? 7?), Rydia, Kefka, Rakshasa, Guy, Galuf, Terra
4*: Clyne, Penelo, Chizuru
5*: Mercedes(...)

So in summary...

Cecil still eludes me.
No Leons.
My first 5* pull was Mercedes which I already have 3 of.

I'm very close to taking another extended break, this is really disheartening. I challenge anyone to have a set of pulls worse and more disappointing than this.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-02-17 02:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard rumor they were going to make yellow pulls minimum 4 star base and rainbow minimum 5 star base. I am not sure if any truth to it.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-02-20 21:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuUozAt0n1KPzQy6sZltxeFH7Q8U6rjrnPudvGo8Ma7i7hNw/viewform

250 pull + 19 tickets

3*: Charlotte x2, Shantotto x2, Firion x4, Cloud of Darkness, Zidane (#6? 7?), Rydia, Kefka, Rakshasa, Guy, Galuf, Terra
4*: Clyne, Penelo, Chizuru
5*: Mercedes(...)

So in summary...

Cecil still eludes me.
No Leons.
My first 5* pull was Mercedes which I already have 3 of.

I'm very close to taking another extended break, this is really disheartening. I challenge anyone to have a set of pulls worse and more disappointing than this.

Yikes. You should have held out a little longer for the rare summon changes coming soon.

Phoenix.Komugichan said: »
I heard rumor they were going to make yellow pulls minimum 4 star base and rainbow minimum 5 star base. I am not sure if any truth to it.

This is correct. I've been waiting for this for the LOOONNNGEST time. Now we won't get some stupid *** gold or rainbow units.

Gold Shadow and Rainbow troll units be gone!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-02-20 21:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i pulled before the announcement, and there was no way of knowing that we'd get the adjustment this early.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-02-20 21:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
i pulled before the announcement, and there was no way of knowing that we'd get the adjustment this early.
yeah, I wish they were a little more transparent about these things in advance
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2017-02-20 23:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The information was out about a week or two ago from a FFBE video on Youtube, I found it through reddit...

It'd been nice if they shared it on an official channel, I only knew it was coming soon because of rumors on reddit to begin with, and later on I found the official announcement, stumbled upon really, while I visited the site.

My only recommendation is to go to reddit every so often, IDK how those folks find it but its nice
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-02-21 10:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Around the new year they said it was in the works. At that point I full stopped on spending money and tickets. I've been burned super bad by recent gold and rainbows for awhile now.

This 2.0 is a MUCH needed thing at this stage. Can't wait until we get enhancements too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-02-21 11:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the video within 10 minutes of it being posted, which was still after I pulled. Can't just simply skip one of the most important and influential banners that will ever exist for my headliner unit.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 116 117 118