EU Players
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 11:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gestalt said: »

THAT is exactly my point lol. the eu population will end up dying because people are to elite to be accepting members or allow other people into there circles. returners end up qutting as they have no one to jam with.

tbh it isnt even about being event ready for a returning player myself id like to see some eu people on when i am on and make some new in game friends but its impossible when you have to do an "application" like its some kind of highly paid job :P

What you said above is not necessarily true. You can not do Reisenjima Helm NM with a bunch of sparks dressed people. lol. So yeah, you have to have some decent gear to get those clears. That does not mean being "too elite".

Also, when you are already running with 12+ people (somedays 16-18) and you do not like leaving people sitting out cause you have plenty of members already then maybe that is why they are not taking people in their linkshell? I do not go through members that often in regard to members leaving linkshell or quitting, so I rarely get openings. I have all jobs covered already that we use, and with the end game content SE has put out with scaling hp the more is not merrier anymore unfortunately.

There is the option of making your own static. I am sure there is others out there that would love to join. I see a lot of people posting on forums that are looking for static groups, or returning players groups that are EU.
By Blazed1979 2016-05-17 11:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with a spanish LS. I dont understand what is going on 99% of the time and I seem to be the LS comedy relief, but I'm all geared up and will be soon be able to seduce hot spanish women with my literary skills. Come on down to Rag.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 11:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Cyleena

yeah for real i know what you are saying. i have been around since the game started and im aware of how LS do apps etc. but what i was saying was theres a huge gap for returning EU players.

No one wants to take them on or give them much of a chance. this probably contributes to why the EU pop has dwindled.

oh and very happy for you and your strong linkshell :P.

but that still dont help people like myself tbh =/.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 11:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm with a spanish LS. I dont understand what is going on 99% of the time and I seem to be the LS comedy relief, but I'm all geared up and will be soon be able to seduce hot spanish women with my literary skills. Come on down to Rag.

haha, One simply Lawl's theres way around vana'diel!
By Blazed1979 2016-05-17 11:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

haha, One simply Lawl's theres way around vana'diel!
On Discord - I'm Chevy chase
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Cyleena

yeah for real i know what you are saying. i have been around since the game started and im aware of how LS do apps etc. but what i was saying was theres a huge gap for returning EU players.

No one wants to take them on or give them much of a chance. this probably contributes to why the EU pop has dwindled.

Sorry :( I know the EU population has dwindled. I have seen it and heard from many people on other servers about how there is no EU endgame shells out there. I wish I could give every EU person looking for a shell a home in my ls but unfortunately I cannot take that many people in because of the hp scaling system that SE decided to use, and the fact that I hate leaving people who are signed on for events out of event cause no room in alli. ; ;

I totally agree there is a huge gap for EU players. It is really sad but I think part of the issue is a lack of people that even want to run a shell.

Running a end game shell is not as easy as people think, and I think that is why many fail. It is actually like a unpaid job, and at times it can be very difficult. You are dealing with all types of attitudes, personalities, and motivations. Some people like most you guys know from reading forums can be very difficult to deal with, and like to stir up trouble. I have heard all kinds of stories about linkshells breaking over this stuff. Then you get leaders that sometimes only care about themselves, and try to use their linkshells to their advantage, which makes members mad (understandably).

Times have definitely changed on this game, and even a lot of NA end game shells I know of do not do events as often (if at all) anymore. Most end game linkshells have gone to the social/static phase.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 11:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »
@ Cyleena

Sorry :( I know the EU population has dwindled. I have seen it and heard from many people on other servers about how there is no EU endgame shells out there. I wish I could give every EU person looking for a shell a home in my ls but unfortunately I cannot take that many people in because of the hp scaling system that SE decided to use, and the fact that I hate leaving people who are signed on for events out of event cause no room in alli. ; ;

I totally agree there is a huge gap for EU players. It is really sad but I think part of the issue is a lack of people that even want to run a shell.

Running a end game shell is not as easy as people think, and I think that is why many fail. It is actually like a unpaid job, and at times it can be very difficult. You are dealing with all types of attitudes, personalities, and motivations. Some people like most you guys know from reading forums can be very difficult to deal with, and like to stir up trouble. I have heard all kinds of stories about linkshells breaking over this stuff. Then you get leaders that sometimes only care about themselves, and try to use their linkshells to their advantage, which makes members mad (understandably).

Times have definitely changed on this game, and even a lot of NA end game shells I know of do not do events as often (if at all) anymore. Most end game linkshells have gone to the social/static phase.

okay well dont you think the community should help out? otherwise eventually there will be no EU community =/.

people like yourself should surely step in and spread the love
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 11:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Cyleena

okay well dont you think the community should help out? otherwise eventually there will be no EU community =/.

people like yourself should surely step in and spread the love

lol I am only one person! I can only spread the love so far. :P ; ;
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 11:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the community helping I totally agree they should but like I mentioned already I think is that I know of a few EU people that started shells/statics on Asura. The issue is that they start the shell, get members in, then they quit. Then they come back, rebuild shell, quit again. Repeat. That happens a lot unfortunately.
By Afania 2016-05-17 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alcarin said: »
do you know if there are some australians too? or something near GMT+10

I have not ran into many if any Australians that I know of on Asura but I am sure there are a few out there somewhere. I run a EU endgame shell on Asura (pretty much the only one on Asura that does events on a regular basis, and is still structured, and not a "static" only group) and I get people applying from many places around the world but I have not had any apply to my shell that I can remember. Sechs do you remember any?

do you accept returning players or is it job specific etc?

At this moment we are pretty full of members, so not really recruiting though we do still accept applications. We prefer members to have a variety of jobs available (not saying you need 5 jobs leveled and geared but more then 1 is helpful). However it would depend on how long the person was off game, and the jobs they have available, and if they geared for end game content.

For events we do the hardest endgame content available from SE (Reisenjima Helm NM, etc), and we do it with 12+ people so we do depend on certain jobs depending on NM we are fighting. Most people try to do those NM with under 10 people since the NM hp scales but we run with larger numbers because I refuse to leave members sitting out, and we still clear with 12+ so why not.

For the easier NM we normally do not do most those for events. T1, T2, and even most T3 we do outside event time with members who want/need, and use event time for the harder game content.

THAT is exactly my point lol. the eu population will end up dying because people are to elite to be accepting members or allow other people into there circles. returners end up qutting as they have no one to jam with.

tbh it isnt even about being event ready for a returning player myself id like to see some eu people on when i am on and make some new in game friends but its impossible when you have to do an "application" like its some kind of highly paid job :P

Highly paid job is an accurate description for ls that can clear T4 though. Everyone wants to join ls that can complete 1 aeonic in 1 or 2 weeks so they get an aeonic, in the end they are so full with talented people with good gears that others can't join. On the other hand smaller ls are struggling to recruit enough well geared people for harder content.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 16:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why the community should come together and help one another or an old game like this the commuinity starts to fall apart more and more
By Afania 2016-05-17 18:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why the community should come together and help one another or an old game like this the commuinity starts to fall apart more and more

Despite you think that's what people "should" do, it's quite unlikely to happen because:

1. A lot of the groups will use "hp scaling" as an excuse not to bring more people or refuse to expand the size of the LS by recruiting more, the fact is that most groups have no issue clearing content by adding 2 more leeches. That's how some groups got buyers and mules aeonic clears, they have spots for leeches and will still tell you "noooo we can't add anymore people because of hp" They'd just save spots for mules, buyers and close friends to maximize profit every aeonic round.

You see people complained about hp scaling very often, how hp scaling makes their life "hard", on the same time people also advertise aeonic NM merc all the time on this website. I find it ironic but that's how things work.

2. People who finished T4 content and those who a just came back are on very different level in terms os gear progression. So if you have a ls full of members owning 3 aeonics, it won't be very efficient to go back and help someone that's still in sparks gear. Those high end players simply won't gain anything by farming low tier content.

The best solution for a returning player is to join PUG, smaller ls or " helpful ls for returning players" and climb the gear ladders. Gear up mage jobs really really well, build your connections, then when aeonic groups have a spot open, seize the opportunity and apply for it.

That's also why smaller ls in ffxi often ended up losing high end players and never get to do high end content, had to merge or disband, while bigger ls are super full and has to reject applications every once a while.

Yup, it works pretty much like jobs irl. If you want to get a job at Microsoft, you have to have something to offer. Maybe it's a well geared mage job, or Idris geo. But unless you are already in a bigger ls before you quit or know people, people are unlikely to hand out stuffs.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 21:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

1. A lot of the groups will use "hp scaling" as an excuse not to bring more people or refuse to expand the size of the LS by recruiting more, the fact is that most groups have no issue clearing content by adding 2 more leeches. That's how some groups got buyers and mules aeonic clears, they have spots for leeches and will still tell you "noooo we can't add anymore people because of hp" They'd just save spots for mules, buyers and close friends to maximize profit every aeonic round.

You see people complained about hp scaling very often, how hp scaling makes their life "hard", on the same time people also advertise aeonic NM merc all the time on this website. I find it ironic but that's how things work.

A lot of groups do use hp scaling as an excuse but like I said in my other posts my ls already has 18+ members if everyone is on game, and not taking breaks etc. We have had on occasion though more rarely lately 18+ people on wanting to attend event. I never know when someone will sign back on and expect to come to event, which happens more often then not.

I have seen on forums especially when the Helm NM first came out people saying oh these would be too hard to beat them with over 10 people. Most people only bring under 10 ppl to get these clears but it has been proven by my ls, and others that they can be beaten with a larger group/full alliance. People just cba to deal with bringing larger groups because it is easier for them like you said to bring mules, close friends, buyers, etc and spam them.

My ls is not one of the ones advertising to sell aeonic clears either though we can beat the content, and have beaten it. We do not even bring mules though we could if we really wanted too/needed too but with the variety of jobs I have available by current real playing members we have not had a need to rely on mules. I have always told my ls members anyway that I prefer main characters over mules for anything during events, and I am not the type of leader that brings my mule and leaves real members out just so my mule can get in for the clears.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alcarin
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2016-05-18 01:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok situation very dramatic, it used to be a good server now is like dead, have to shout 3 or 4 hours before giving up about CP party. Japeanese players 50% of the server which they ignore you... how is the situation the other servers? and to be honest what they waiting for a merge..? playing like this is impossible
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-05-18 06:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if there were 50 end game EU linkshells, they wouldn't still accept a returning player unless the person a) has something very special to offer or b) has relationships with leaders/core members to start as a somewhat limited member or c) is an old member who had to take a long break and left in good terms.

Returning players should think about what they can bring to the table before expecting to be accepted to take a seat. Some end game linkshells may open up for limited membership for social purposes, but that could possibly raise drama if the person had only pretended to have accepted the rules before being accepted into the linkshell. Therefore, most end game linkshells hesitatite to accept social members.

If your play time, attitude, experience, job selection etc. is no good for an end game linkshell, you should either look for a limited membership opportunity if that would suit you or look into building your own linkshell for returning/new players unless there isn't a good one to join. It may end up being too difficult to find people in the same boat to climb the gear and experience ladder together, but the community can't be blamed for that. EU community was never that big and active and in the 14th year of the game, you can't really expect any better. Even NA linkshells are struggling to exist.

There are quite a few linkshells for returning/new player in most active servers, but the main problem with them is that they end up being a bunch of slackers (no offense). Hardly anyone takes initiative in those linkshell to organize things. They either overestimate the content or underestimate what they can achieve. It is very easy to farm gil and it is very easy to gear up for most ilevel content with that gil. There is really no excuse in settling with anything below ilevel 119 at this point. And it is even getting easier and easier every day. Escha-zitah equipment is quite strong to begin with and they can easily be farmed with basic 119 gear. Generally speaking, you don't need an end game linkshell to enjoy the game unless you are putting your goals too high despite being obviously not up to par. It is all about realistic goals and taking the initiative.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-18 07:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Even if there were 50 end game EU linkshells, they wouldn't still accept a returning player unless the person a) has something very special to offer or b) has relationships with leaders/core members to start as a somewhat limited member or c) is an old member who had to take a long break and left in good terms.

Returning players should think about what they can bring to the table before expecting to be accepted to take a seat. Some end game linkshells may open up for limited membership for social purposes, but that could possibly raise drama if the person had only pretended to have accepted the rules before being accepted into the linkshell. Therefore, most end game linkshells hesitatite to accept social members.

If your play time, attitude, experience, job selection etc. is no good for an end game linkshell, you should either look for a limited membership opportunity if that would suit you or look into building your own linkshell for returning/new players unless there isn't a good one to join. It may end up being too difficult to find people in the same boat to climb the gear and experience ladder together, but the community can't be blamed for that. EU community was never that big and active and in the 14th year of the game, you can't really expect any better. Even NA linkshells are struggling to exist.

There are quite a few linkshells for returning/new player in most active servers, but the main problem with them is that they end up being a bunch of slackers (no offense). Hardly anyone takes initiative in those linkshell to organize things. They either overestimate the content or underestimate what they can achieve. It is very easy to farm gil and it is very easy to gear up for most ilevel content with that gil. There is really no excuse in settling with anything below ilevel 119 at this point. And it is even getting easier and easier every day. Escha-zitah equipment is quite strong to begin with and they can easily be farmed with basic 119 gear. Generally speaking, you don't need an end game linkshell to enjoy the game unless you are putting your goals too high despite being obviously not up to par. It is all about realistic goals and taking the initiative.

This here is why the games population is dwindling so quickly... there are returning players coming back they can clear missions and other low end stuff. Then there's just nothing to do as the current endgame linkshells won't accept them so they leave. Then you get current players moaning about the dwindling player base. Returning players have knowledge of XI's core systems and mechanics already and generally just need a little time and gear to unrust themselves and you could quite possibly have a good player on your hands. Obviously most the linkshells don't want to invest this kind of help and time with a person as they won't immediately get something back.

That being said I've solo'd/low manned my way to having top end blu gear just missing adhemar body. Though my breaks have only been a few months at a time.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2016-05-18 07:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the European population on Asura that great?

I love Bismarck except for like 3 people ( Yes thats right, I'm talking about Johnb you condescending ****) but I can never really take part in any stuff because of the time zone difference.

Makes it easy to do stuff for myself, but mostly discouraging to do team based events,etc
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-18 07:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No Cebi! Don't leave us!
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-18 09:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Is the European population on Asura that great?

I love Bismarck except for like 3 people ( Yes thats right, I'm talking about Johnb you condescending ****) but I can never really take part in any stuff because of the time zone difference.

Makes it easy to do stuff for myself, but mostly discouraging to do team based events,etc

Asura has a lot of EU people but most are split up. This meaning that there is not really any EU linkshells with mostly EU players in it that still exist (besides maybe mine, which is probably about 90% EU). A lot of EU people are in NA shells, or in shells that cater to anyone like returning player shells but consist of a big mixture of players from all over the world but tend to favor NA. That being said it can be hard for EU players to find people to do stuff with during their time from their linkshell.

Asura is always busy though so there is almost always shouts going on, and stuff to do. Honestly with the amount of complaints I get about not enough EU linkshells I do not see why some people just do not get a shell going and recruit EU people. There is plenty of people out there to get a shell going it is just most people cba to run a shell cause it requires in most cases a lot of work and commitment, and hardly no one wants to lead a shell anymore.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-18 09:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
This here is why the games population is dwindling so quickly... there are returning players coming back they can clear missions and other low end stuff. Then there's just nothing to do as the current endgame linkshells won't accept them so they leave. Then you get current players moaning about the dwindling player base. Returning players have knowledge of XI's core systems and mechanics already and generally just need a little time and gear to unrust themselves and you could quite possibly have a good player on your hands. Obviously most the linkshells don't want to invest this kind of help and time with a person as they won't immediately get something back.
SquareEnix have been working really hard to enforce the current attitude of end game LS, making it harder the more people you bring. It wasn't like this during the delve era for instance, and I remember we still accepted members despite being full, and it was waaay easier to get returning members on the same page, they could just come and leech Delve runs for plasm and gear and in a few weeks/days everything was good again.

Now every new member we add is a struggle, fights are difficult, there's often very little space for errors and it's a huge grind for players since they have to get Job Points. Going to event without job points, on some jobs at least, is like pretending to get into a Kirin run at level 55 back during the 75 days, to make a fitting example.

If you really want to blame someone for the current situation do not blame the Linkshells who've become stricter in accepting members (the few who are still alive, to be fair), blame SE and their ways.

I'm pretty sure if one of those LSs would start running out of members they would actively recruit and work weeks hard to get a new member on par with the rest of the crew, but until then why should they do it? They don't get paid to play social assistant, quite the other way around, they pay to play.

I dunno, I find it very blindsighted to blame the Linkshells, pointing the fingers at them like they're some bunch of stupid, annoying, elitist jerky nerds who want to keep the ball all for themselves instead of sharing with the other kids.
Well arguably some LS are probably like that, but you can't say that for all of them, not at all. It's quite unfair, and blindsighted like I said before.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-18 09:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
SquareEnix have been working really hard to enforce the current attitude of end game LS, making it harder the more people you bring. It wasn't like this during the delve era for instance, and I remember we still accepted members despite being full, and it was waaay easier to get returning members on the same page, they could just come and leech Delve runs for plasm and gear and in a few weeks/days everything was good again.

Now every new member we add is a struggle, fights are difficult, there's often very little space for errors and it's a huge grind for players since they have to get Job Points. Going to event without job points, on some jobs at least, is like pretending to get into a Kirin run at level 55 back during the 75 days, to make a fitting example.

If you really want to blame someone for the current situation do not blame the Linkshells who've become stricter in accepting members (the few who are still alive, to be fair), blame SE and their ways.

I'm pretty sure if one of those LSs would start running out of members they would actively recruit and work weeks hard to get a new member on par with the rest of the crew, but until then why should they do it? They don't get paid to play social assistant, quite the other way around, they pay to play.

I dunno, I find it very blindsighted to blame the Linkshells, pointing the fingers at them like they're some bunch of stupid, annoying, elitist jerky nerds who want to keep the ball all for themselves instead of sharing with the other kids.
Well arguably some LS are probably like that, but you can't say that for all of them, not at all. It's quite unfair, and blindsighted like I said before.

You just described 90% of the FFXI community !
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-18 11:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

You seem to have missed where I said MOST linkshells I never said all. I very much doubt it will be the endgame shells that take them in though will be some midcore shell or a social that does a few events.

Actually a case in the linkshell im in recently I was trying to solo Reisenjima NMs for gear and I made a comment of how cheap some of the mobs were. I got this reply back from one of the members "that NM is fairly easy for me to solo if you pay me 2mil I will come kill it a few times". Since I've been back I've been helping 2 of my friends who have just returned and been getting them alluvion skirmish and zitah gear no one else has bothered though.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-18 13:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually a case in the linkshell im in recently I was trying to solo Reisenjima NMs for gear and I made a comment of how cheap some of the mobs were. I got this reply back from one of the members "that NM is fairly easy for me to solo if you pay me 2mil I will come kill it a few times".

That is not surprising given how a lot of people are all about gil on the game even though gil is fairly easy to make if you put time and some effort into it (not saying by selling stuff to other ls members either).

I have never been around ls members that have charged other members for helping with kills (that I know about (I am very active in my shell and help a lot of people so I am sure if it did I would hear about it), and I would actually be pretty mad at my ls if they tried that with other members) but I know it happens in other ls's unfortunately.
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-05-19 02:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, that's just how the game currently is and probably will be for a while more.

People adapt, and right now you'd rather have few competent people than an army you need to carry.

There's little point in recruiting if you don't have a use for that person or hell, it makes things harder.

If the few LSs are not recruiting and there is abundance of people, you can just step it up and try to make a group, can't you?

I don't get why there's even talk about blaming SE or blaming linkshells, there's no fault to be had on any side, most people are just lazy and would rather complain.

Asura has many EU players, by the way, to be on-topic.
[+]