New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » EU Players
EU Players
First Page 2
By Gestalt 2016-05-16 19:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have any clue where theres a decent EU population? im a returning player and would like to find some players who play during my time zone

thanks!

Gest
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-16 22:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is probably one of the highest EU populations atm but ffxi is lacking in recruiting EU endgame linkshells that do events on a regular basis on all servers. I get lots of messages from people on other servers looking for a EU Endgame shell because their server does not have any left.

Someone mentioned in another post on another thread awhile back that Cerb had a EU population (I think its smaller then Asura though) but someone from Cerb would have to still verify that. Maybe Avalon can verify that since he runs a ls on cerb that has EU players in it.

I hope you find what you are looking for and can get in a EU group that works for you.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-05-17 00:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerb's EU population is almost extinct.
 Ragnarok.Alcarin
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2016-05-17 00:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

im on ragnarok from 2007 it used to be a great server full of english speakers mainly EU, nowadays is so very empty and full of japanese players, is almost impossible to play shout and stuff. thinking about moving to asura.. how many ppl on asura usually?
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-17 00:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are quite a few really good EU players on Odin.
 Ragnarok.Alcarin
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alcarin 2016-05-17 01:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

do you know if there are some australians too? or something near GMT+10
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-17 02:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Asura is probably one of the highest EU populations
Minus probably, it toally is and by far.
But like you said I don't think there are many groups recruiting EU players.
Unless I'm not aware of something?
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 02:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura is probably one of the highest EU populations
Minus probably, it toally is and by far.
But like you said I don't think there are many groups recruiting EU players.
Unless I'm not aware of something?

I thought so but was not going to say that cause I was unsure of Odin though I heard a lot of Japanese players are on Odin unless that has changed (more Japanese population then EU but I have never been on Odin, so just going by hearsay, and posts on forums).
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 04:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhh i seee. thanks a bunch people. already on asura :P. maybe i shall stay there and have a look then.

i have had a fair few breaks from this game and each time i return the EU population is windling more and more.

I may not be looking for a Linkshell but maybe more of a static group. if im to get back into this game i cant be staying up mega late with the americans like i always did ha. im getting old now and cant function without sleep.

also i am unsure how the game functions now with the new content so i may need a linkshell? or i may not?
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2016-05-17 04:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say come join Bismarck but it's more NA/JPN player based.

I might be incorrect but usually only a few EU when I'm on.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 04:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lol but does that not defeat the object of my post?! :P. or what are you offering? are you part of an EU static? or LS?
By vikkidevil 2016-05-17 04:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a returning EU player on Odin. I have been soloing alot recently but am at that point where if I want to progress I need a endgame LS that is willing to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with the new end game content lol.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 04:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

vikkidevil said: »
I am a returning EU player on Odin. I have been soloing alot recently but am at that point where if I want to progress I need a endgame LS that is willing to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with the new end game content lol.

LOL. this happens every single time i return to the game. im prevented in end game progression because the few EU linkshells left wont take on returning players.

I just got on facebook. messaged a few of my old EU dudes. looks like they are going to come back for a while too XD
By vikkidevil 2016-05-17 04:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to play with US players alot. I can't commit to their times like I used to due to work etc (no 2am dynamis runs!!)..... also alot of my friends have retired from the game.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 04:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to play with US players alot. I can't commit to their times like I used to due to work etc (no 2am dynamis runs!!)..... also alot of my friends have retired from the game.

yep. im in the same boat now. according to my friend whos now reinstalling ffxi apparently a few others of our old eu friends still play. i think most of which may be on asura still. we may be getting something together on asura like a small ls static group.

ill let you know if you are interested?
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 05:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
I'd say come join Bismarck but it's more NA/JPN player based.

I might be incorrect but usually only a few EU when I'm on.

same applies if you read down dude
By vikkidevil 2016-05-17 05:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am interested :)
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 05:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am interested :)

great! check your PM
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-05-17 06:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can join the LS I'm in. It's social atm. Events are on the fly, but if you need help either myself or someone in LS would be happy to help or give points in the right direction.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 06:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masrur said: »
Can join the LS I'm in. It's social atm. Events are on the fly, but if you need help either myself or someone in LS would be happy to help or give points in the right direction.

SWEEEET.

many EU players in there?
 Asura.Masrur
By Asura.Masrur 2016-05-17 08:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

10+. People come and go whether it's due to real life (as in quit the game) or finding a LS better suited for their individual needs. The days of where a LS is truly needed beside fixed scheduled events are long gone with the arise of low man events.

I hope to offer EU players a channel where they can chat/rant, get advice and maybe pool together people at similar stages of their in-game experience and do things together.

Personally I'm more campaigns driven, so I'll be grinding whatever the campaign of the month is, however I will def help when ppl request help. I think most people are in a similar position, whether it's grinding capacity points or High-Tier battlefields for stones/Gil to upgrade a legendary weapon/gear. Not much reason for existing players to revisit older content unless it was to help someone out.

EU population is dwindling and unfortunately stretched over the remaining servers and it's lucky we have ffxiah as a platform to search for similar timezone players (shame on SE).
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 08:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

10+. People come and go whether it's due to real life (as in quit the game) or finding a LS better suited for their individual needs. The days of where a LS is truly needed beside fixed scheduled events are long gone with the arise of low man events.

I hope to offer EU players a channel where they can chat/rant, get advice and maybe pool together people at similar stages of their in-game experience and do things together.

Personally I'm more campaigns driven, so I'll be grinding whatever the campaign of the month is, however I will def help when ppl request help. I think most people are in a similar position, whether it's grinding capacity points or High-Tier battlefields for stones/Gil to upgrade a legendary weapon/gear. Not much reason for existing players to revisit older content unless it was to help someone out.

EU population is dwindling and unfortunately stretched over the remaining servers and it's lucky we have ffxiah as a platform to search for similar timezone players (shame on SE).

foreaLZZZZ. i hear you.

i think i will probably stay on asura. i have 4 other UK players that are jumping back on the game. we had been disscussing it over facebook for sometime now so ill bring them with me. whats your ingame alis?
 Asura.Masrur
By Asura.Masrur 2016-05-17 08:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gestalt said: »

foreaLZZZZ. i hear you.

i think i will probably stay on asura. i have 4 other UK players that are jumping back on the game. we had been disscussing it over facebook for sometime now so ill bring them with me. whats your ingame alis?

Masrur

If they quit donkey years ago, be prepared for a <shock> O_o. Personally I found SoA the most tedious and challenging hurdle when I returned, but SE has alleviated most of that with the ilvl gear and trusts, but returning players are kinda in a catch 22 coz you won't have a wide selection of trusts. But there are a few trusts in the current campaign being handed out for free such as Moogle and Kupowhatever (one that gives xp bonus), so grab them whilst you can!
By Tylaar 2016-05-17 09:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alcarin said: »

We have a small group of Aussies on Cerberus and always welcome any more lonely vegemites out there struggling with our cruddy timezone.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 09:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not ran into many if any Australians that I know of on Asura but I am sure there are a few out there somewhere. I run a EU endgame shell on Asura (pretty much the only one on Asura that does events on a regular basis, and is still structured, and not a "static" only group) and I get people applying from many places around the world but I have not had any apply to my shell that I can remember. Sechs do you remember any?
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 10:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

foreaLZZZZ. i hear you.

Masrur

If they quit donkey years ago, be prepared for a <shock> O_o. Personally I found SoA the most tedious and challenging hurdle when I returned, but SE has alleviated most of that with the ilvl gear and trusts, but returning players are kinda in a catch 22 coz you won't have a wide selection of trusts. But there are a few trusts in the current campaign being handed out for free such as Moogle and Kupowhatever (one that gives xp bonus), so grab them whilst you can!

most of us stopped after ruining the delve bosses i believe
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 10:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not ran into many if any Australians that I know of on Asura but I am sure there are a few out there somewhere. I run a EU endgame shell on Asura (pretty much the only one on Asura that does events on a regular basis, and is still structured, and not a "static" only group) and I get people applying from many places around the world but I have not had any apply to my shell that I can remember. Sechs do you remember any?

do you accept returning players or is it job specific etc?
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 10:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

At this moment we are pretty full of members, so not really recruiting though we do still accept applications. We prefer members to have a variety of jobs available (not saying you need 5 jobs leveled and geared but more then 1 is helpful). However it would depend on how long the person was off game, and the jobs they have available, and if they geared for end game content.

For events we do the hardest endgame content available from SE (Reisenjima Helm NM, etc), and we do it with 12+ people so we do depend on certain jobs depending on NM we are fighting. Most people try to do those NM with under 10 people since the NM hp scales but we run with larger numbers because I refuse to leave members sitting out, and we still clear with 12+ so why not.

For the easier NM we normally do not do most those for events. T1, T2, and even most T3 we do outside event time with members who want/need, and use event time for the harder game content.
By Gestalt 2016-05-17 10:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

At this moment we are pretty full of members, so not really recruiting though we do still accept applications. We prefer members to have a variety of jobs available (not saying you need 5 jobs leveled and geared but more then 1 is helpful). However it would depend on how long the person was off game, and the jobs they have available, and if they geared for end game content.

For events we do the hardest endgame content available from SE (Reisenjima Helm NM, etc), and we do it with 12+ people so we do depend on certain jobs depending on NM we are fighting. Most people try to do those NM with under 10 people since the NM hp scales but we run with larger numbers because I refuse to leave members sitting out, and we still clear with 12+ so why not.

For the easier NM we normally do not do most those for events. T1, T2, and even most T3 we do outside event time with members who want/need, and use event time for the harder game content.

THAT is exactly my point lol. the eu population will end up dying because people are to elite to be accepting members or allow other people into there circles. returners end up qutting as they have no one to jam with.

tbh it isnt even about being event ready for a returning player myself id like to see some eu people on when i am on and make some new in game friends but its impossible when you have to do an "application" like its some kind of highly paid job :P
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-05-17 11:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

THAT is exactly my point lol. the eu population will end up dying because people are to elite to be accepting members or allow other people into there circles. returners end up qutting as they have no one to jam with.

tbh it isnt even about being event ready for a returning player myself id like to see some eu people on when i am on and make some new in game friends but its impossible when you have to do an "application" like its some kind of highly paid job :P

Most end game shells used to use applications but with the way the endgame content and game changed most of those linkshells fell apart.

That being said like I said in a previous post we are like the only EU endgame shell still structured, and my linkshell has been around for years with a good core group that still plays, so we must be doing something right. :P That and we are rarely low on members, and do not have to recruit often. Blame SE for making NM scale for groups not taking many members into recruitment. Like I said most groups only run with under 10 people anyway cause of this, and honestly when most my members are on I am at 16-18 people at events. I would not want to add more people and have to leave people sitting out, which is why I do not recruit much anymore.

You can get in most "static" groups without all the end game structure but unless you got a core to it they tend to not last long. I have seen many EU linkshells fall apart over the years (and static groups too) because the core falls apart (leader quits, dedicated members quit, etc). I am thankful for my linkshell, and the fact that I have dedicated people who stand behind me and help keep my linkshell strong. I know that is a rare thing nowadays.
First Page 2