Controller Not Working?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » controller not working?
controller not working?
By Calibeaner916 2016-05-15 11:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

was looking to come back and play, but the controller is not working. cant get the dpad to work, or the second stick for cam. also, the buttons are all switched around. any help ?
By Calibeaner916 2016-05-15 12:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

guess i should say xbox 360 controller windows 7 lol
By Calibeaner916 2016-05-15 12:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well got it working, but my dpad wont work ><
By Pantafernando 2016-05-15 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I got same problem when I reinstalled FFXI. Browsing in FFXI forums, I found its SE fault that they messed with XInput.

Sechs came up with a temporary fix thats opening the FFXI folder, in ToolUS (or ToolEU if european), and deleting the xinputdll.dll archive. That way it seems the FFXipadConfig return to normal till SE fix this problem.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-15 12:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It really works fine, there's nothing that needs to be fixed. You're doing it wrong.

To properly use the 360 controller enable the x-input box and configure your buttons accordingly.
By Calibeaner916 2016-05-15 13:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

bruh, trust me, ive tried all that. the dpad does not work for me. at all. tried xbox one, ps4, and 360 controllers.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-15 13:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you haven't "tried all that" and I'm not your "bruh."

There was only an issue for the first month since implementation of x-input support, since then it's been working flawlessly.

Posting screenshots of your settings would probably help (define which controller it is while you do so).
[+]
By Calibeaner916 2016-05-15 21:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I have tried all that. I've played this game since launch off and on. Typically I can get it to work flawlessly. Took a few month break and come back to this. i didn't ask for *** replies. I came here for useful information. So unless you have some, piss off.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-05-16 04:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are the topics i saw with same problem:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47705/ffxi-and-x360-wireless-gamepad-after-xinput-patch/3/

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49120-Game-pad-and-FFXiPadConfig-not-working-correctly/page4
By Jetackuu 2016-05-16 08:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »
Actually, I have tried all that. I've played this game since launch off and on. Typically I can get it to work flawlessly. Took a few month break and come back to this. i didn't ask for *** replies. I came here for useful information. So unless you have some, piss off.

I gave you information, you're the one who's refusing to accept facts and being rude.

Your inability to accept reality is your own issue.

If you won't post screenshots of your settings then nobody can help you.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-16 08:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Both of which are moot as they fixed it in the next update.
By Calibeaner916 2016-05-16 10:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way I can say this plainly, is you're an idiot. This ***is not working, and my settings are perfect. I've double and triple checked them and have read every shred of information.
 Asura.Extract
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2016-05-16 11:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way I can say this plainly, is you're an idiot. This ***is not working, and my settings are perfect. I've double and triple checked them and have read every shred of information.

I'd uninstall any other controller you use or unplug them also wtf is up with that username? Sac or Roseville?
By Jetackuu 2016-05-16 11:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet I'm far from an idiot and your unwillingness to help those trying to help you is apparent.

Reinstall then, if your "settings are perfect" as you claim then the issue is with your files. But somehow I extremely doubt this.
By Tylaar 2016-05-18 08:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Install xbcd 0.2.7 drivers for the controller, which you can find around. The next bit for me was kinda fiddly, but I installed the ms360 controller setup from the MS site, then unplugged controller and restarted machine. once it was up put the controller in and let it detect the new device, update driver manually to xbcd, and then it configured fine via devices in Windows. Now use the xbcd setup indicating the triggers are buttons, rather than an axis. then things should detect correctly in ffxiPadConfig.

It was messier than it should've been for me, but 100% does work with xbcd, just did it again yesterday due to a machine rebuild.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-18 08:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Tylaar said: »
Install xbcd 0.2.7 drivers for the controller, which you can find around. The next bit for me was kinda fiddly, but I installed the ms360 controller setup from the MS site, then unplugged controller and restarted machine. once it was up put the controller in and let it detect the new device, update driver manually to xbcd, and then it configured fine via devices in Windows. Now use the xbcd setup indicating the triggers are buttons, rather than an axis. then things should detect correctly in ffxiPadConfig.

It was messier than it should've been for me, but 100% does work with xbcd, just did it again yesterday due to a machine rebuild.

You don't need to do that anymore... Also this would be easier if you're really wanting to convert the 360 controller to a directinput device:

http://ledyba.org/bkup/xbox360driver/x360wc/

But like I said, not needed since the Novermer patch (really December as the November patch was buggy).
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-18 08:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

jet is horribad at teh tech supports yo
 Bahamut.Hardenlong
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hardenlong 2016-05-18 08:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Try loading one of the preset control configs and customize it according to your liking. This worked better for me than starting from nothing and filling it in manually. I did several fresh installs last week and dealt with this each time. Seemed to be no particular reason when mine started working properly but eventually it did. Took 4-5 tries and I was doing the same process each time.
By volkom 2016-05-18 09:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some controller issues with Windows 10. Had a perfectly running system with 8.1 using a Xbox 360 controller. When I made the switch DPad and camera thumb stick controls were jacked up. Got an xbone controller and camera thumb stick controls were still wonky. I checked the registry values and some options were turned off. I edited the values and it worked. That may be something you could look into
By Jetackuu 2016-05-18 09:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
jet is horribad at teh tech supports yo

Many would disagree.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-18 09:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
I had some controller issues with Windows 10. Had a perfectly running system with 8.1 using a Xbox 360 controller. When I made the switch DPad and camera thumb stick controls were jacked up. Got an xbone controller and camera thumb stick controls were still wonky. I checked the registry values and some options were turned off. I edited the values and it worked. That may be something you could look into
1. When?
2. 10 has a known controller issue.
By volkom 2016-05-18 09:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Like last week
By Beanrod 2016-05-18 10:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Set your options in config like this. Pretty sure with hat switches turned on it disables the d-pad.

Hope this helps!
[+]