Info About Other Servers.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Info about other Servers.
Info about other Servers.
First Page 2 3
By Armyguy 2016-05-14 21:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a server that is alive and will. With people that do Escha1/2/3/helms wins. Server where people shout to do stuff and help each other with new and old events. Server that has more then 200 people on weekdays and weekends. Linkshell thats needs members that does events. PM me. looking to move servers tonight.
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2016-05-14 21:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-14 21:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-05-14 22:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.

1k+ all day, currently with 1207.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-14 23:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok - No shouts almost ever, MAYBE during JP prime time. 800 on right now but that's only because of the return campaign. Usually at least 500 otherwise. Still not enough.
By Titanfoo 2016-05-15 00:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura certainly is got cheaper merc services, and the community is alive and well, and only 1 seriously douchey pieoe of trash over here.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
Server: Asura
By Asura.Krystela 2016-05-15 00:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to Asura! We got cookies :D
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-15 00:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

1:45am EST on Asura.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-05-15 02:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1050~ @00:30~ PDT in Bahamut
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-15 03:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

1320 on Odin at time of post.
By Zeak 2016-05-15 03:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Around 900~ people on Shiva this weekend. However, these numbers are heavily skewed towards JP players and people that are just plain AFK. During these Dead Hours, actual activity is at an absolute crawl (As in, if it were a weekday, there wouldn't even be a wait time for Ambuscade. Take that as you will). Prime time is obviously more active, but whether that constitutes as alive is completely questionable.

That said, everyone is gonna recommend Asura; more so if you're making an imminent transfer. If you wanted another "reasonable" option, you'd have to take quite a bit of time to investigate the dynamics of the server and if it could feasibly accommodate your play-time. Asura has far less unfavorable variables in terms of activity and community because it's the most densely populated English server. That is to say, there COULD be another server that will fulfill your needs, but good luck acquiring the necessary info in a short time period and from a small sample size.

Too long; didn't read: Asura
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-15 06:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Zeak for providing a well informed response, instead of just "Asura".

Saying "Asura" or "XXX Server" doesn't help. Actually provide what the server is like, what their plays times are like guys. >_>;
Just saying a server name doesn't do anyone any good. Everyone knows "Asura".
By Titanfoo 2016-05-15 06:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 07:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
"Asura".
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 07:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like every other thread is about people moving to Asura or players telling others to move there. It's a shame, because Cerberus used to have a decent population til half of the players moved to Asura or Odin. So nowadays we see 500-1k during JP primetime, and 2-300 the rest of the time. There are some quirks to a smaller server though ..
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-15 07:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

1:45am EST on Asura.

Lol level 50 without a subjob in 2016 :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-15 07:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Saying "Asura" or "XXX Server" doesn't help. Actually provide what the server is like, what their plays times are like guys. >_>;
Just saying a server name doesn't do anyone any good. Everyone knows "Asura".
Come to Asura, I'm in it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 08:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a pretty good community on Cerberus with very few idiots. But the server is quiet and you have to take it upon yourself to set up events instead of having someone hold your hand through it. If you can play during JP time and be accepted by them you can get anything done. If you can't then you have to make do, and you have to accept the fact you won't always get a group of players to do something you want.

On a big server you're always going to find groups of veteran players (close friends) who monopolize parts of the game and sell clears/items .. instead of being nice and helping others get their items for free. On a smaller server you'll find there ain't any endgame LS monopolizing, so you might not have to pay through the nose for something because a LS set the price too high. At the same time, you may have to pay more to build things like Mythic weapons because there ain't as many players farming due to less players needing afterglows or alexandrites.

On the other hand, having a smaller server is great for farmers. Obviously it's better to have more buyers, and a bigger server would make more, but when you compare AH prices of items from Cerberus to Asura, the prices on Cerb are (usually) higher. This is better for sellers, so you're going to make more gil if you farm solo. And then you get items that simply do not sell, and you can repeatedly try to sell something on AH only for it come back to the delivery box.

Another big quirk of a smaller server is less congestion when entering new content. There's less chance of being locked out and having to wait. At the same time, having less players means you will find it harder to make decent groups who can farm something like Ambuscade without failing.

Plenty of positives and negatives, and I see why most players would want to play on a more populated server, but to some players they would never leave their quiet and peaceful servers because it's home, and no matter how big another server gets .. they will not make the jump.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-15 08:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate larger servers. There is 773 people online in Quetz right now because of this damn free trial, and these people are screwing up our Sunday morning sparks farm party. I want my numbers back down to a reasonable 400.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-15 08:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin is generally fairly busy with some nice shouts going on for most of the day not too sure on late night NA time as I'm normally in bed. I've seen quite a few groups doing helm and T3 in ru'aun and Reisenjima as I've been running through. The ls I'm in currently are looking to do events again after most took a break the leader just came back.

There are shouts ALL day for ambuscade especially now that you get bonus stuff for being in a pt. There's normally t1/2, UC, SR and CP parties in shouts though half the day is mainly JP onry.

Tl;dr **** Asura come to odin.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-15 08:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really the thing about Asura, it's HEAVILY NA/EU. The JP's get on to down Quetz in the early NA hours but you'll rarely see them at all. It's also so busy here it's 9am on a Sunday and our shouts on ffxiah's listing is only showing 8 minutes worth with 7 different people making shouts. No conversations, just shouts for groups/people.

I've also been mercing for quite a few people freshly returned to the game, so we're getting some new blood. I think with Asura now we're the server anyone who asks about gets sent to, so we've got the heavy NA presence and the new blood all over here.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 08:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault because all the hardcore players we had a few years back went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-05-15 08:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
And I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault, because all the talented hardcore players went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.
Well when Asura is the most active server and that's what people are looking for why not tell them to come here?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 08:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
And I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault, because all the talented hardcore players went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.
Well when Asura is the most active server and that's what people are looking for why not tell them to come here?

Because a heavy server is not everyone's cup of tea. Some players might go to Asura and have a bad experience. Also other servers need new blood and it's hard for us to get that when posts like these are littered with "ASURA ALL THE THINGS!" .. with no explanation as to why other than it has more players. If I remember right, the server always had a bad reputation.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-15 08:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish players would stop telling others to go to Asura and Odin all the time .. because there's plenty of other servers. Why should Asura get all the English-speaking players? I wouldn't mind a more populated server, but I'm not going to pay real money to leave two linkshells I've been leading a long time. Also Cerb is home, and it's a small community so everyone knows everyone.

And sometimes players from other servers judge me because I've only just got around to doing NMs in Reisenjima .. when that's not my fault because all the hardcore players we had a few years back went to Asura and I'm always seeing screenshots of them clearing T4s with 12-18 while I'm stuck trying to figure out T1s .. while hoping my LS members are strong enough (sometimes they are not). Come to Cerberus .. be different than everyone else and stay for the challenge.

I used to think more like this.

Then I decided I wanted to play the game I'm paying rl money for.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 08:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess every single player who is not on either Asura, Odin or Bahamut are not playing the game and instead are wasting their time and money? I find it rather fulfilling when I can fill an alliance for Vagary with less than 300 players online. You don't need 1k+ players at EU/NA time to find players to do content. Harder to find the talent to do the really hard stuff .. but that's the challenge.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-05-15 08:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »

Because a heavy server is not everyone's cup of tea. Some players might go to Asura and have a bad experience. Also other servers need new blood and it's hard for us to get that when posts like these are littered with "ASURA ALL THE THINGS!" .. with no explanation as to why other than it has more players. If I remember right, the server always had a bad reputation.
Honestly I thought the server had a bad rep also, but once I moved here I wish I had transferred a long time ago. There's always plenty of shouts going on for a lot of different things. I've yet to have any thing but fun on Asura.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-05-15 08:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

See while being a native Asuran since start and wish people wouldn't keep coming here. Since we are getting over populated since SE is all about the 6 man content these days. When this OP like almost every other "coming back to game thread"/"server switch time" ask what server is alive and well and has shout groups all the time what are we suppose to lie and tell them Cerb for you? (replace Cerb with any other server besides the 2-3 biggies)

Edit: As for the bad rep most of that was just because we always had a very active server more people more clowns you get in a bunch. These days we left we a handful at most and it mostly trolling in /yells.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-15 08:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I would tell players to go to any other server even if it's not Cerberus. Not because I don't want them to succeed and enjoy the game, but because there's plenty of servers who really want new blood and are very welcoming. It's not like Asura, Odin or Bahamut NEEDS new players, unlike the others. Guaranteed if a player was a decent SCH, they could come to Cerberus and get plenty done because there's not enough SCHs.

What I do agree with is casual players (those who play maybe once a week or two) joining the most populated because they have restrictions to their playtime, and being able to jump in to an event quickly with as little pain is a selling point. If however a player wants to get in among the best a server has to offer to do the hardest content, then jumping to any other server is going to give them more opportunity.

Edit: And I bet a lot of those trolls on Asura was on another server not so long ago.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-15 08:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess every single player who is not on either Asura, Odin or Bahamut are not playing the game and instead are wasting their time and money? I find it rather fulfilling when I can fill an alliance for Vagary with less than 300 players online. You don't need 1k+ players at EU/NA time to find players to do content. Harder to find the talent to do the really hard stuff .. but that's the challenge.

If you're having trouble with Reisenjima t1's 6 months after they're out and we've figured out how to unlock all vorseals and such, yes, you're having some problems playing the game. I can understand people newly returning to the game and not yet caught up on content still being that far behind, but if you've been a regular player and you're that far behind that's pretty depressing. I can dualbox every reisenjima t1, and I just need to add one friend to do most t2's...and I'm a *** THF.

To be honest I would tell players to go to any other server even if it's not Cerberus. Not because I don't want them to succeed and enjoy the game, but because there's plenty of servers who really want new blood and we are very welcoming. It's not like Asura, Odin or Bahamut NEEDS new players, unlike the others. Guaranteed if a player was a decent SCH, they could come to Cerberus and get plenty done because there's not enough SCHs.

What I do agree with is the purely casual players joining the most populated, because those players have restrictions to their playtime, and being able to jump in to an event quick with as little pain is the #1 selling point. If however a player wants to get in among the best a server has to offer, then jumping to any other server is going to give them that chance.

So your answer to the OP, asking for a server where there's plenty of population and people to do stuff, is "Go anywhere"? Why even post?
[+]
First Page 2 3