Reisenjima T1 Strats?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Reisenjima T1 strats?
Reisenjima T1 strats?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-12 15:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running some Reisenjima NMs for the first time with my LS members so I'm wondering if the typical SCH MB setup will work, and if not, what should we be using?

Also curious as to which MBs to do, and if any of the NMs have special mechanics to work round. I'm reading through information on BGwiki, but in the past I've known the details to be vague so I'm looking for some first-hand experience. Thanks for any help.

The NMs are the following:-

Belphegor (Corse)
Crom Dubh (Dullahan)
Dazzling Dolores (Morbol)
Golden Kist (Mimic)
Kabandha (Ahriman)
Mauve-wristed Gomberry (Tomberry)
Oryx (Monoceros)
Sabotender Royal (Sabotender)
Sang Buaya (Bugard)
Selkit (Scorpion)
Taelmoth the Diremaw (Soulflayer)
Zduhac (Greater Bird)
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-12 15:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can speak to a few NMs I have experience with on blue mage.

Taelmoth puts up Immortal Shield upon pop, and if you do remove it with, say, requiescat, he puts it back up shortly afterward. I have found a melee oriented strategy on him is efficient, but some magic damage reduction is needed. Blue mages work pretty well on him.

Selkit is better with a melee strategy, getting off frequent weapon skills will make him use Hell Scissors instead of a myriad of other worse AoE attacks. Your melee just need to keep shadows up.

Oryx is best fought "slow and steady" with melee on his rear and tank in the front. Paladin should definitely use Aegis. He gains access to Meteor under 50%. He has innate -DT that goes away if his horn is broken by crit WS, but we have found it doesn't happen often enough to warrant attempting to break it only to take a lightning spear to the face.

The rest of the ones as far as I know can be downed with a SCH MB setup with few issues. I do not know which skillchains work best, but i'm sure others can supply that information.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-05-12 15:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I'm running some Reisenjima NMs for the first time with my LS members so I'm wondering if the typical SCH MB setup will work, and if not, what should we be using?

Also curious as to which MBs to do, and if any of the NMs have special mechanics to work round. I'm reading through information on BGwiki, but in the past I've known the details to be vague so I'm looking for some first-hand experience. Thanks for any help.

The NMs are the following:

Belphegor (Corse) Fusion. Keep Memento dispelled.

Crom Dubh (Dullahan) Fusion.

Dazzling Dolores (Morbol) Fusion. Everyone must stand right on her. Moving away beyond a certain distance prompts rage mode. Don't dot her either.

Golden Kist (Mimic) Death, but other SC's are effective. Poisona, Vex and Attunement are highly effective. Run out from the aura if you aren't able to zerg quickly.

Kabandha (Ahriman) Fusion. Stand with backs to the NM like Akvan.

Mauve-wristed Gomberry (Tomberry) Kill the adds asap. They have low HP but hit hard. Fragmentation.

Oryx (Monoceros) No offensive GEO spells (Malaise, Languor etc). Try to break his horn with critical damage/WS. Long and drawn out endurance fight if you're not able to do so. Scission SC.

Sabotender Royal (Sabotender) Fusion. Zerg fast as Needles TP moves increases in damage potency each subsequent time.

Sang Buaya (Bugard) Induration. Try to silence it to prevent Stun-ga spam.

Selkit (Scorpion) Fragmentation SC.

Taelmoth the Diremaw (Soulflayer) Weak to physical, strong against Magic.

Zduhac (Greater Bird) Induration or Distortion SC.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-05-12 15:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

The NMs are the following:

Belphegor (Corse) Fusion. Keep Memento dispelled.

Crom Dubh (Dullahan) Fusion.

Dazzling Dolores (Morbol) Fusion. Everyone must stand right on her. Moving away beyond a certain distance prompts rage mode. Don't dot her either.

Golden Kist (Mimic) Death, but other SC's are effective. Poisona, Vex and Attunement are highly effective. Run out from the aura if you aren't able to zerg quickly.

Kabandha (Ahriman) Fusion. Stand with backs to the NM like Akvan.

Mauve-wristed Gomberry (Tomberry) Kill the adds asap. They have low HP but hit hard. Fragmentation.

Oryx (Monoceros) No offensive GEO spells (Malaise, Languor etc). Try to break his horn with critical damage/WS. Long and drawn out endurance fight if you're not able to do so. Scission SC.

Sabotender Royal (Sabotender) Fusion. Zerg fast as Needles TP moves increases in damage potency each subsequent time.

Sang Buaya (Bugard) Induration. Try to silence it to prevent Stun-ga spam.

Selkit (Scorpion) Fragmentation SC.

Taelmoth the Diremaw (Soulflayer) Weak to physical, strong against Magic.

Zduhac (Greater Bird) Induration or Distortion SC.

A quick note on Golden Kist. When it uses Manafont, look at what spell it's casting. Depending on what element it is, nuke the opposite element. You'll get a White !! proc that knock the aura off and stops it's Manafont.

I've done it as GEO while having Vex/Attunement up with a T2, T3, or T4 nuke. It usually takes 1-2 nukes to get the White !! proc, but if you don't get it after the 2nd or 3rd nuke, keep yourself alive by any means necessary.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-12 15:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'll have to split this into two halves. So start off doing the NMs who don't mind a bit of magic damage with the SCH MB setup, then have everyone change for a melee setup. Is that what others usually do?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-05-12 15:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'll have to split this into two halves. So start off doing the NMs who don't mind a bit of magic damage with the SCH MB setup, then have everyone change for a melee setup. Is that what others usually do?

The only one you probably want melee for is Taelmoth. That's not to say DD's aren't effective, but I've always used SCH strat along with my SMN.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-12 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only one you probably want melee for is Taelmoth. That's not to say DD's aren't effective, but I've always used SCH strat along with my SMN.

What about Oryx?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-05-12 16:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Oryx?

I forgot about him. Yeah, BLU, THF etc are very good options for Oryx. Just remember not to use offensive GEO spells on him. Critical hits have to happen directly to his face (ie; standing in front of him, behind the PLD etc).
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-05-12 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why no dot on Morbol? What's it do with DoT on it?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-05-12 16:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Why no dot on Morbol? What's it do with DoT on it?

There's a chance you can get sudden hate from the spell(s) just the same as if you had run out of range.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-12 16:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Oryx?

I forgot about him. Yeah, BLU, THF etc are very good options for Oryx. Just remember not to use offensive GEO spells on him. Critical hits have to happen directly to his face (ie; standing in front of him, behind the PLD etc).

Wouldn't a Warrior doing Mighty Strikes be really good on that? I remember doing a similar thing on the Delve NM in Foret with the bulbs.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-05-12 16:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Oryx?

Wouldn't a Warrior doing Mighty Strikes be really good on that? I remember doing a similar thing on the Delve NM in Foret with the bulbs.

I've never used WAR (actually, I've not done content with WAR in a few years) but you can always give it a go if they're geared.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-12 16:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Oryx?

I've never used WAR (actually, I've not done content with WAR in a few years) but you can always give it a go if they're geared.

Quilly's got a geared Warrior. He would probably faint in real life if I asked him to jump on it. Depends on the rest of the party though.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2016-05-12 16:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DD with buffs and support can take out the melee based T1. The only danger is Taelmoth when he usesazure lore, Selkit's poison not getting removed fast enough, and people casting the wrong geomancy on Oryx to make it go crazy.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-12 16:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about the tomberry. When the adds spawn do they attack the person with hate or go after the person who popped?
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-12 16:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not recall, but I would AoE them on BLU when they popped. I am inclined to think they go for the popper like with Pakecet.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-12 16:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Person with hate, which gets a little tricky because of the hate reset. However, because it happens when he casts Utsusemi, you have a signal so you can be ready.

Regarding Oryx, keep in mind that he uses Lightning Spear, which is conal lightning damage + Amnesia. While breaking his horn is cool, being unable to WS really slows you down.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-12 16:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
I do not recall, but I would AoE them on BLU when they popped. I am inclined to think they go for the popper like with Pakecet.

Is it fast pop? I'm Planning to dual box it tonight with paladin.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-12 17:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
While breaking his horn is cool, being unable to WS really slows you down.
In addition, the Amnesia lasts a long *** time too. Like 90 or 120 seconds unresisted? Definitely don't want to be hit by that.
By Afania 2016-05-12 17:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Person with hate, which gets a little tricky because of the hate reset. However, because it happens when he casts Utsusemi, you have a signal so you can be ready.

Regarding Oryx, keep in mind that he uses Lightning Spear, which is conal lightning damage + Amnesia. While breaking his horn is cool, being unable to WS really slows you down.

Can move to it's side after ws.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-12 17:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

if you bring a stunner with capped magic haste, you can stun every utsusemi and w.e the bind/para move is on tonberry and laugh it to death
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-12 20:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We got 7 killed with 8 of us. The tonberry's annoying, but we'll try it again next week. Didn't get chance to try Golden Kist or the melee ones. Is the tonberry easier with pet jobs?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-12 20:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't make much difference. As long as you bring AoE damage for the adds and have tonberry hate low enough that grudge won't wreck your ***, there's really no reason to lose that fight.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-12 20:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fight the Tonberry with as high of hate as you can get. Have competitions for who takes the most damage. Break up the monotony.
[+]
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2016-05-12 21:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gomberry's hate and TP move choice is tied to the bind status effect from Ritual Bind. If you erase it, he'll lose hate on you. If you get bind off before his next TP move goes off, he'll just reuse Ritual Bind. I've soloed the fight on BLM with a bunch of trusts capabale of using Erase + August and he bounces around pretty harmlessly spamming Ritual Bind and his spells (still uses Utsusemi). The main problem I've run into is -ga'ing too soon after Utsu and not hitting all the shadows.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-26 20:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some help on Golden Kist. I know we're supposed to kill it really quick with Death MBs, but it's just not happening. How do you bypass all the stuns, poisons (we use the buffer), and manage to take the aura off at the same time?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-26 21:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

pld geo blm blm sch sch

pld: use provoke and flash, not complicated

geo: haste + malaise

blm1: stun death trap, do nothing else ever no matter what

blm2: bursts

schs: make scs, be prepared to do correct element to take down aura relatively quickly, heal pld and one of them keep haste on blm1

you can make variations on the setup of course, but the key point is having enough stratagems available to kill it without dragging the fight out long enough for it to resist stun, you should be able to go a good 5 minutes without any death traps besides the initial one(which you can poison buffer for)

can reliably kill it like this without death or feeling too rushed, it's also a lighter gear check. you could likely still use death as primary damage this way and have the schs/geo take down aura when needed.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-05-28 08:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm gearing SCH but it's nowhere near ready so I'm having to go COR. Any decent setups which include COR? What are the BLMs nuking other than Death? Comet? Death uses up a ton of MP and has a long recast. Is the SCH only doing Gravitation? Also how can the mages take care of the aura when it rarely casts spells? By the time we find the weakness everyone's about dead.
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2016-05-28 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

To remove its aura always nuke what its weak too. If it is casting Wind then nuke Stone etc.. That will remove the aura within 2-3 decent nukes. You can figure out its weakness as soon as it casts a single spell this way.

Death cooldown isn't too bad if the blm are hasted and use alacrity, maybe 30-40 seconds.

A good way to add free damage is to have the SCH make distortion and close it with leaden for darkness for the death bursts.

Have geos or cor /whm or /sch for poisona helps too of course.
First Page 2