Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Intense Ambuscade issue
Intense Ambuscade issue
By gentlewolf 2016-05-11 02:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Today, I formed a party with one friend to enter Intense Ambuscade (Very Easy). We were able to queue at the book. By the time our page number came around, when my friend (party leader) examined the tome to let us in, it said that one of the party members did not meet the requirements for entry. I couldn't figure out why, so I tried leaving the party. When he examined the page again after I left, he was able to enter. I don't know why I am ineligible. I will list all the things that I thought of already:

I definitely had the key item (Ambuscade Primer Volume 1), and so did my friend. We quadruple checked our temporary key items. I still have it now. I even tried doing the RoE anyway, and when I completed it, it said I already had the reward and could not receive another.

We did not change party leader or composition after queueing.

We were not too late to get to the page (obviously, since he was able to enter after I left the party.)

Both of us were in the zone, right next to the book, at the time of queueing and beyond without leaving the zone.

Both of us were in the zone when the party was formed, and it was formed before we registered at the tome.

After my friend left the intense ambuscade that he was able to enter, he checked again to make sure his KI was still there, which it was (since he did not try to clear the fight). We again formed a party with all of the above conditions, but I tried being leader this time. I was able to queue, but again when our page came around it told me a party member was ineligible. Are there any requirements for Intense Ambuscade beyond having the Volume One key item?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-11 02:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nvm, I can't read
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-11 02:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the KI you have in your possession is from last month's Ambuscade run and it's only set to register for the Orc mob, but you don't lose it if you had it from last month so I'm not sure how you would use it, to be able to get a new one? Maybe I'm just thinking too hard.
 Phoenix.Gentlewolf
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Gentlewolf 2016-05-11 02:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the same thing, but some other people in my linkshell used last month's KI to enter this month's ambuscade already, so it shouldn't be that.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-11 02:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gentlewolf said: »
I thought the same thing, but some other people in my linkshell used last month's KI to enter this month's ambuscade already, so it shouldn't be that.

Damn, that was my only idea.. :\ Have you tried entering by yourself? (Couldn't hurt since you don't lose KI on fail.)
 Phoenix.Gentlewolf
By Phoenix.Gentlewolf 2016-05-11 02:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Phoenix.Gentlewolf said: »

Damn, that was my only idea.. :\ Have you tried entering by yourself? (Couldn't hurt since you don't lose KI on fail.)

I think I figured out it has something to do with the game not reading my temporary key items. I can't spawn a Wildskeeper reive either despite having the correct KI listed...
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-05-11 02:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Other people have been reporting this as well on JP forums (all chapter 1). Someone said talking to the Taru, then the book again has immediately fixed the issue each time. Sounds silly, but worth a try?
 Phoenix.Gentlewolf
By Phoenix.Gentlewolf 2016-05-11 03:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, here's what I think: some windower plugin (not sure which) was causing my temporary key items not to be readable by the game. After I reloaded the game without windower, I was able to spawn the Wildskeeper Rieve just fine. Haven't tried Ambuscade again yet.
 Phoenix.Gentlewolf
By Phoenix.Gentlewolf 2016-05-11 03:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Other people have been reporting this as well on JP forums (all chapter 1). Someone said talking to the Taru, then the book again has immediately fixed the issue each time. Sounds silly, but worth a try?

Thanks for that. I will try it. I'm not convinced by my windower theory anymore, because when I did non-intense ambuscade I was logged in through windower, so I'm not sure why relogging fixed the reive...
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-05-11 08:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you standing at the home point? Someone said in the version update thread that there could be a problem getting in if you're standing too far from the book.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-05-11 09:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We had this issue as well. Also volume 1 and we were all together.
 Phoenix.Gentlewolf
By Phoenix.Gentlewolf 2016-05-11 13:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Were you standing at the home point? Someone said in the version update thread that there could be a problem getting in if you're standing too far from the book.

Yeah, I tried again with both of us standing literally on top of the book and got the same issue. Today I'm going to try what Flippant suggested.