Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Xbox One controller
Xbox One controller
By LeiferOneill 2016-05-09 16:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone run into a problem using the xbone controller on ffxi with windows 10? Everything works fine after setting it up except the camera which just spins around endlessly in game and doesnt wanna cooperate when I test it in config.
By Elazar1 2016-05-09 16:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just use the ps2 pads for Windows far less hassle bud. I could never get them to work rite either when I switched over to pc
By LeiferOneill 2016-05-09 16:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont have adapter or Id try, should work without needing driver according to microsoft
By Elazar1 2016-05-09 16:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just buy Logitech, sir they all of $25 at the most
By LeiferOneill 2016-05-09 16:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Might have to check it out this weekend, thanks
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-09 17:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

LeiferOneill said: »
Anyone run into a problem using the xbone controller on ffxi with windows 10? Everything works fine after setting it up except the camera which just spins around endlessly in game and doesnt wanna cooperate when I test it in config.

I have had this issue with my controller, however, it was a modded xb360 controller from china.

In game, the camera would always point either up or down (if inverted) and it would just automatically move back down if you try to readjust. I ended up removing it from the config, disabling the button altogether, and pressed and depressed the camera joystick several times to remove anything that could be forcing it. Eventually It worked, but I couldn't tell you exactly what I did. But its precisely what you described.

You can test on another game (or ffxi config) - go to the camera settings test feature. If the + button defaults to a side, corner, or top/bottom, its an issue with your controller and you should try to manually readjust the button.