Ver. Update Soon-How Much Ambuscade Did You Do?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ver. Update Soon-How much Ambuscade did you do?
Ver. Update Soon-How much Ambuscade did you do?
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-08 21:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Version Update is almost here!

So how much Ambuscade did you do?

How many christmas cards... err... hallmarks did you get so far?

Which capes did you get?

Which augments did you put on them?

Did you get all the armor?

All the items?

How do you like the content / system?

What do you hope they will change?

What do think they will change next time?

:3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-05-08 22:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's horribly boring.
[+]
By Elazar1 2016-05-09 00:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It was boring as hell, got my 5/5 +1 an capped 2 capes with my 14k points, and stopped.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-05-09 01:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sulevia NQ set, HQ wasnt a huge upgrade over NQ so I didnt bother going further. Interested in seeing what the next set will be, and what the upcoming Gallantry Badge rewards are.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-09 01:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »

Which capes did you get?

All the items?

Hello Skjalf! :3

Skjalf didn't do as much as could... and will do more before maintenance... but here is progress so far:

Got all plutons that could be gotten and 8 more riftborn boulders can be had. Max augments on WHM and PLD capes. Got 1 cape for each job and all the armor pieces and all the other rewards. Skjalf should have tried harder ; ; Maybe could reach 99999 in time? Meow~ :3
By Elazar1 2016-05-09 01:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Which capes did you get?

All the items?

Hello Skjalf! :3

Skjalf didn't do as much as could... and will do more before maintenance... but here is progress so far:

Got all plutons that could be gotten and 8 more riftborn boulders can be had. Max augments on WHM and PLD capes. Got 1 cape for each job and all the armor pieces and all the other rewards. Skjalf should have tried harder ; ; Maybe could reach 99999 in time? Meow~ :3
I would have cut my wrists by that point lol, way to boring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-05-09 02:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, third person Skjalf created a thread asking only to show off that you're borderline crazy; nice
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-09 02:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways~

Lets watch a music video :3

YouTube Video Placeholder
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-09 02:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice if they let us purchase more than 1 of the same cape each month. Skjalf fears that they will add some kind of reservation system like PvP book. >< They could add a new zone / entry point in Selbina... wonder what all those jobs points could be used for after master is achieved maybe they will require you to spend job points to purchase some new key item. hmmm....
By Titanfoo 2016-05-09 02:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

this is soo good for ppl...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-05-09 03:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dual boxed 1 run to see what it was like but my friends have basically either stopped playing or have extremely reduced playtime so that's all I did.

I'm more than game to spam this in future if there is anyone who runs this at an EU friendly time.
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2016-05-09 13:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I dual boxed 1 run to see what it was like but my friends have basically either stopped playing or have extremely reduced playtime so that's all I did.

I'm more than game to spam this in future if there is anyone who runs this at an EU friendly time.

Shall probably try and set something up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-05-09 13:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i did a half dozen or so runs, told myself i'd farm the ares on last day because i hate to miss it and have to wait 6 months, then didn't do it because it's stupid boring

hoping they have it available at a higher cost next month or something, but with their recent mentality it wouldn't surprise me if they don't
By Draylo 2016-05-09 14:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a little too bland for me, I hope they include harder fights or something interesting because a bunch of orcs and a dragon isn't that great. The re-entry process is annoying too, I don't wanna zone I just wanna go back in.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-09 14:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

36k total hallmarks. 13 capes, in case they get removed next month. I upgraded the one for blu, still holding mats to upgrade another. Undecided on which to do.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-09 14:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It's a little too bland for me, I hope they include harder fights or something interesting because a bunch of orcs and a dragon isn't that great. The re-entry process is annoying too, I don't wanna zone I just wanna go back in.
Like if it worked like *gasp* Legion and random stuff came at you after you killed something

edit: Would be kinda nice if they added a way to get Legion materials from it too
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-09 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Draylo said: »
edit: Would be kinda nice if they added a way to get Legion materials from it too

Maybe they'll add that to the list of items obtainable with Gallantry.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-09 17:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I got up to HQ legs. I got PLD cape, made it a CDC piece, and spent the last 2k points on HPB for money.

I agree with it being boring, I mostly did normal with trusts. I only had to pay some attention to the first 50% or so, after that I stopped until it died.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-09 17:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I didn't have much issue with the fights themselves. It was always a challenge to beat our previous best time. What killed it for me was having to run out and kill mobs in between every single fight. We would spend less than a minute and a half in the fight and around 7 getting the necessary kills. I finished my capes and my +1 set and haven't touched it since. I'd like to see them implement something along the lines of merit fights, where we can store up KIs or just something to make it less of a drag.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-05-09 18:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Got enough for the +1 body and was *** gone.

Bought a few capes and maxed sap/dust/thread.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-05-09 18:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I did enough to get the +1 body, and did two capes per character, plus got a few that are worthwhile to macro even without augments. Didn't feel like doing much more, and figured it'd be better to not clog the instance up more.

Personally, I want to see Hallmarks/etc come from other activities too. Seems like the idea is to keep people actively doing stuff, versus just getting free crap from logging in and nothing else. Letting us spread out over Vana'diel and get monthly rewards would still work.

Spread out across a month, 14.5k isn't bad outside of congestion. Even over a week or two it's not bad. But it's pretty bland, and seems stupid to force the whole server to try to get into one battlefield.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-10 00:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

^^
 Sylph.Talym
VIP
user: Talym
By Sylph.Talym 2016-05-10 00:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ended up with like 27k hallmarks total. Got enough to get the full +1 armor set within the first 3-4 days, and then just kinda accumulated the rest getting LS-mates up to that point over the rest of the month.

Hopefully it works more smoothly this time around, the worst part of all of it was having to go get a new KI and then spamming the hell out of the book.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-05-10 00:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Got enough marks to buy 19 capes and fully aug the two we could.
[+]
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2016-05-10 21:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently come back to the game, Which trust combo is best for soloing ambuscade? I only have a little bit of gear for THF so not sure where to start.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2016-05-10 22:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I did none at all. Never even zoned into Mhaura. To be fair, all I logged in for the last month was login points and guild points, and occasionally some coalition assignments. And then I didn't even bother to log in to spend the login points (though I did get the mount the first day :P). Been too busy playing other stuff lately...
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-10 22:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diluted said: »
I've recently come back to the game, Which trust combo is best for soloing ambuscade? I only have a little bit of gear for THF so not sure where to start.

Don't solo it. Get in a party with people. Don't be part of the problem.