user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-04 11:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Afania said: »
How much are u or other mercs can make an hour? I think leviathan spam with a mule can make pretty good Gil.

Without campaign there's no way levi could come close to merc. Even with campaign I highly doubt levi spam could win. Of course this is assuming you have handful of buyers.

With a mule u getting at least a stack of each, 1.6 million for Beit 1.2 million for pluton and 1 million for boulders that's possibly done in an hour. That's pretty good.

I guess you've never merc anything worthwhile :p

Also no, levi also need to include merit time, which drops gil per hr. It's roughly 2m per hr and IMO it's not that good.

I don't play enough to merc. But two chars u get a stack and a half of each. Merit with a blue is fast only time issue is finding people. Closer to 3 million an hour then 2.

Well if you're happy with VD money then go for it, not like it's my gil. But there's a reason why merc is a more popular gil making method with 400 million advertisement threads.
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-04 12:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say I was happy with it lol but I do what I am capable of.

Floppy too much hassles on that v body. I rather just have someone poke me when they have a v body in pool and just pay the 5 million. It might cost me more Gil and time wasted for trying to get it. I'm not lazy, just trying to be efficient. Lol

I would also like a anofta kaften from virava for 6 million. Lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-04 12:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I didn't say I was happy with it lol but I do what I am capable of.

Floppy too much hassles on that v body. I rather just have someone poke me when they have a v body in pool and just pay the 5 million. It might cost me more Gil and time wasted for trying to get it. I'm not lazy, just trying to be efficient. Lol

I would also like a anofta kaften from virava for 6 million. Lol

Hassle? Pakecet is incredibly easy..

We could easily trio it with Carrot, but that is a worst case scenario that hasn't happened. People always seem to come.

It is unlikely you are getting it for 5m formally. Even Lady makes you pop it before charging 4m.

It is easy, but I might end up costing me 5 million or more anyway lol
 Odin.Gimpers
Server: Odin
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2016-05-04 12:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The cost of pops (or most of the cost) is easily recouped from the eschite ores and +2s it drops. It should cost you far less than 5m to farm the pop. In fact, depending on drops, you could profit from farming it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-04 13:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Gimpers said: »
The cost of pops (or most of the cost) is easily recouped from the eschite ores and +2s it drops. It should cost you far less than 5m to farm the pop. In fact, depending on drops, you could profit from farming it.

According to his post, with his gil farming speed which is 3m per hr with 2 char, it needs less than 2 hr of work to buy drops for 5m.

To get drop with his ls without paying any gil, he needs to:

1.Get 1 person to get his char into delve2 zones, possibly pay for that person.

2.Dualbox delve 2 clear 5 times for 5 pops.

3.Abuse tell to lsmate asking for help, 90% of time people will probably say "Sure I'll help after this salvage/ambuscade/VW/whatever" In the end he would wait for hours.

4. Shout for whatever jobs that he can't get from ls, if his lsmate aren't helping.

Idk about you but I don't see how it's possible to do step 1 to 4 in less than 2hr.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-04 13:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

According to his post, with his gil farming speed which is 3m per hr with 2 char, it needs less than 2 hr of work to buy drops for 5m.

To get drop with his ls without paying any gil, he needs to:

1.Get 1 person to get his char into delve2 zones, possibly pay for that person.

2.Dualbox delve 2 clear 5 times for 5 pops.

3.Abuse tell to lsmate asking for help, 90% of time people will probably say "Sure I'll help after this salvage/ambuscade/VW/whatever" In the end he would wait for hours.

4. Shout for whatever jobs that he can't get from ls, if his lsmate aren't helping.

Idk about you but I don't see how it's possible to do step 1 to 4 in less than 2hr.

Wait what? Lol

This was my thought. Sign on join ambuscade. Get a poke saying we have v body in treasure pool. Warp there pay 5 million continue ambuscade. Done.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-04 13:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
A savy mercer I know gets the customers cart list and once they have those buyers online enough to cover most of the drops they supply pops and charge a set price.

What I'm shouting for right now.

Good I'll would pay 5 million for a V body but not on now @@

You dork.

You are in the LS. I just got Ryu his V and J bodies and then some stranger a J body for free. All you have to do is get the pops and ask.
For that matter Lady is in the damn LS too. I would be severely disappointed if he sold to a member.

I may disapprove of merc advertising (I DO approve of people asking others for payment of their services), but it will be a cold day in hell before people in Magnanimous are charging other members.

I have caught other people in the shell asking to buy before and ask what is wrong with them and go get them the pieces they are asking for. Fortunately, it is a rare thing.
I don't know why certain people have trouble speaking up. I mean strangers don't have a problem sending me a tell with skepticism that I just do that stuff regularly for anyone.

Ideally lsmates should help each other for free, but in reality it doesn't always work that way in FFXI.

1.In some ls not every members know each others well enough to offer help for free. Those who need help would ask for help and got answers like "Sure I'll help after salvage/whatever that I'm doing". They will never say no, but they will also be reluctant to come without compensation that's competitive to alternative gil making method.

2.The leaders will be more active to help, because it's their ls. But leaders have their limit and they can't really help everyone.

The result is, the members that's behind in terms of gears would ask for help, get no reply from other members because they're busy doing salvage VW whatever, while leaders busy helping other members and unable to take care of everyone. The members that needs help ended up waiting for days or even weeks to get one piece of gear, unable to catch up.

Then you get a ls with huge gap in terms of progress. You get some members that are T4 ready and some people still needs NQ amaric because they can't get gears fast enough.

Result:Those members with more progress play together, those who are behind are left out. In the end you get a ls with members just wear same pearls but not functioning as a team, just because some people aren't gearing fast enough.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-04 13:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am tired of being in the 10% of useful people in this country. For too long have the bottom 10% gone unnoticed in their deeds. Feel the Bern.

But seriously. Arguing the semantics about how fast one method is or the other is obviously silly. There are a number of variables with people that could *** you one way or the other in the time department before you include the item not dropping.

No one is going to just merc it and say "yeah we popped it and killed it without you doing anything or being here. Come on up here, 5m" for V body in the next 4 minutes".
He has to be there, and his plan of just being "poked when it is in the pool" is a real long shot. Mercs either charge more if they pop it or make the person pop it.
Efficiency is not a real argument here. He isn't farming ladybug wings for it.

It is a hard sell for saying either way is more or less efficient. It really can swing one way or the other. Not like you don't have to wait on mercs for when they are going or even feel like it.

I agree that there are numbers of variables that one way may be more efficient than another. If getting with ls is more efficient then go for it, if paying for gear is more efficient then pay for it.

But you don't have to hijack everyones thread tell people don't buy gears because you hand out free gears. If people can get free gears efficiently they would never pay, but that's not the case.

And you only look like a troll by telling people "don't pay because I hand out free gears, you're just impatient and lazy". People choose to pay for a reason. Who would like others tell them that you make a lazy and dumb choice by paying for gears?
By Afania 2016-05-04 14:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, any LS member who charges another is not a real member of anything except their own team at a table for one.

Can you come up with a solution to get members that are behind catch up faster then?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-04 14:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ambuscade before the new reset is a little more important then v body at this point. I mean if I see a good shout (pakacet, virava, Sarama) I would join. But only shout at 9:30pm eastern plus (time I get on) I need are ambuscades. Back at bahamut I gave away a v body to linkshell people who came.

And back at bahamut I tried to help linkshell get gears n stuff while trying to further myself in my limited play time and one day got called that I'm selfish n crap and never again. It's tough being a linkshell leader. I feel u floppy.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-04 14:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am tired of being in the 10% of useful people in this country. For too long have the bottom 10% gone unnoticed in their deeds. Feel the Bern.

But seriously. Arguing the semantics about how fast one method is or the other is obviously silly. There are a number of variables with people that could *** you one way or the other in the time department before you include the item not dropping.

No one is going to just merc it and say "yeah we popped it and killed it without you doing anything or being here. Come on up here, 5m" for V body in the next 4 minutes".
He has to be there, and his plan of just being "poked when it is in the pool" is a real long shot. Mercs either charge more if they pop it or make the person pop it.
Efficiency is not a real argument here. He isn't farming ladybug wings for it.

It is a hard sell for saying either way is more or less efficient. It really can swing one way or the other. Not like you don't have to wait on mercs for when they are going or even feel like it.

I agree that there are numbers of variables that one way may be more efficient than another. If getting with ls is more efficient then go for it, if paying for gear is more efficient then pay for it.

But you don't have to hijack everyones thread tell people don't buy gears because you hand out free gears. If people can get free gears efficiently they would never pay, but that's not the case.

And you only look like a troll by telling people "don't pay because I hand out free gears, you're just impatient and lazy". People choose to pay for a reason. Who would like others tell them that you make a lazy and dumb choice by paying for gears?

This isn't a hijack. It is a digression based on a couple of things related to Lady, Forever, and I. If anything Lady should be happy he gets free bumps and advertising from us right now.

I support Lady mercing (I believe I already said that, yes?), but as I said Forever is in the shell.

Not concerned with how I look. I do enjoy being the free competition though. Nothing wrong with being the alternative people feel they don't actually have.

I agree with everything you said about having an alternative choice(which is nice), just wanted to point out that you have a pretty long history of attacking merc on forums and implying buyers are lazy :p
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-05-04 14:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The real victims are me and Bry because we get dragged into spicy's "free gear" campaign :|

I support you and wish you good luck Lady, I'll miss your random spats with spicy in LS now that you're gone :I
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2016-05-04 14:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Merc work sure keeps getting more complicated. We have gone beyond throw gil and get shinies to how can I get an item without feeling empty and losing face amongst my peers.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-04 14:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with everything you said about having an alternative choice(which is nice), just wanted to point out that you have a pretty long history of attacking merc on forums and implying buyers are lazy :p

They tend to be.
They also tend to be more likely to vanish or not be as willing to help others. Hence why I have turned down offers in the past to start mercing with members, stated we don't do that, and refuse to take money for helping. It is a game, and that behavior builds bad teams as well as sets the wrong tone. Etc etc virtual greed etc etc feel the Bern.

I enjoy when people are appreciative, pay it forward to others in the shell, and become friends. Mercing isn't conductive towards those ends. I mean the LS name is there for a reason.

I don't know, I can't say. Becoming friends in FFXI has complex factors behind it, and it's more than "you can be friends if you help/get help for free". People are more likely to become friends with common goals and progress. If you have an entire LS working towards same goal, they're more likely to become friends.

Back then I've seen LS that was created for offering merc services. You pay ls members to get gears, and get paid for helping with merc services. I wasn't in the ls, but from what I've seen and heard, they built a pretty strong community because every members had the same goal which is to make gil, with high event attendance rate.

On the otherhand, the ls advertised themselves as "helpful ls" often has 2-3 members that actively helps each other, resulting every member play with their own groups because everyone has different gear progress and different goals.

You may think it's "greed" to ask for money, but it's not. Ninja lotting or stealing ls bank is greed because that's getting more stuff than deserved, offering services for a reasonable price isn't.

If you believe your way could build a better community then by all means go for it though. I could write pages and pages of Essay about how to manage people and build a better team, but it's a game so let's not get too serious.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-05 01:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not always. I may have simply been terribly unlucky but I did 13 pops of Pakecet this morning. 800k a pop, got 13 +2's and 2 ores. Assuming the +2's sell for 300k (market is flooded so kinda betting it goes down below that for a while) and ore sells for the current high of 700k that gives me 5.3mil to pay for the 10.4mil in pop cost. Thankfully I sold a venerian body, so I didn't really lose gil, but it basically wasn't worth it.

Also Spicy, you can say you're the "free competition" but I've merc'd for LS members of yours who when I was in the LS I had seen ask for help and never got it. You may be a rather generous player but you cannot take care of everyone in your LS, much less the server.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-05 06:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lady, if u do pakacet again I need a v body for 5 million. It's a night merc so in on at night lol. And a anofta kaften from virava 8 million pls. That's a hard one to merc as I don't think people need the other crap from him.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-05 07:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lady, if u do pakacet again I need a v body for 5 million. It's a night merc so in on at night lol. And a anofta kaften from virava 8 million pls. That's a hard one to merc as I don't think people need the other crap from him.

I still need the Kaftan so my buddy and I might go see if we can handle doing it, and might add it to our services when we're both around.

But...I don't know your in-game character name, heh.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-05 07:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

you cannot take care of everyone in your LS, much less the server.

Who haven't I helped in shell that asked for it?

Sorry, Merc-client privilege, I will not give out that name.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-05 07:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I still need the Kaftan so my buddy and I might go see if we can handle doing it, and might add it to our services when we're both around.

Foreverj lol
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-05-05 07:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Foreverj lol

Ah, since you had recently posted I thought you'd be online, but you're not. And I don't recall seeing that name around either, so thought you were posting on a mule name or something. I'll keep you in mind.