Considering Starting Fresh After 2 Yrs Out...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Considering starting fresh after 2 yrs out...
Considering starting fresh after 2 yrs out...
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2016-04-27 11:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

So after over two years I want to give this game a go again with a completely new character. I understand that leveling parties are non-existent basically and now there are trust npcs that can be used. I'm not looking to power level, but to grind my way up on my own as far as I can.

So basically my questions are:

1. How far can you get leveling, completing quest and missions with only trust NPCs?
2. As far a servers, which one is the most active?

Thanks in advance...
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-27 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

1. 99, every expansion except Adoulin (and even that, after some time, if you're good enough). Real endgame is probably out of reach, but you can do almost everything except the very top of the pyramid once you put the work in and get geared up.

2. Asura and Odin are currently the largest that I know of.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-27 11:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

1) All the way. The only things you'll have a hard time with are endgame things where trusts just can't keep up with either the complexity or stats (like accuracy).

2) Asura has the highest population, but every server is active in its own way. The real issue is really finding a good and welcoming linkshell, which you can probably find if you ask around. I personally run a linkshell that functions this way, and I know several other people in this site do the same thing on other servers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2016-04-27 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the response guys... I guess I'll go to Asura then.

So taking into account that I will be leveling with trust npcs, with which job should I start with? One of my immediate goals would be to unlock BST as soon as possible.