Random Politics & Religion #03

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 27 28 29
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 12:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Why would IS do anything to Trump?

That man would single handed increase recruitment once he's done re-instituting torture, killing terrorists families and knocking them the f*ck out. Whatever that means.

Remember, it's Dems and the ACLU's reason we haven't won the war yet. If we had our soldiers bathing the blood of the innocent and carpet bombing cities in Iraq and Syria everyone would already be living in a modern democracy.

Our millitaries cucked! Everyone's too politically correct. Kill 'em all, let God sort them out.

The only recruitment tool ISIS has ever needed is the weakness of President Obama. Kicking Americas *** for 4 years has been great for recruitment while all Obama has done is droned civilians.
I think you just take every opportunity you can to just take a swipe at obama regardless of what actually happens in reality...

You say this, yet we have nearly 80 pages of Trump thread practically dedicated to swipes. Obama's getting a pass in comparison.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it has to do with Trump selling fear, racial hate and a plan to make America again so vague, most supporters back him simply because he's a middle finger to the GOP.

Also maybe it has to do with Trump being a terrible candidate for a statesman, an example of a person you don't want any youth emulating and definitely the type of petty egomaniac that'd let his penis think before his brains.

I know the GOP is downing scotch as they plan with how to contain this walking SuperFund of a candidate but lets stop pretending like you won't be singing praises of how much better Obama was than a prospective Trump candidacy.

Or are you as excited as me to see Trump go to Mexico to deliver his Reaganesque, "Mr. Nieto, you will build that wall."
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-04 13:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I think you just take every opportunity you can to just take a swipe at obama regardless of what actually happens in reality...
You say this, yet we have nearly 80 pages of Trump thread practically dedicated to swipes. Obama's getting a pass in comparison.
key phrase
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 13:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

but lets stop pretending like you won't be singing praises of how much better Obama was than a prospective Trump candidacy

I doubt Trump can even crawl under a bar set so low.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 13:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
key phrase

I don't understand how you can see so much hyperbole and think it's all reality, but I guess a distorted reality is what you have to adapt to keep your mind off your own abysmal party ticket.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

but lets stop pretending like you won't be singing praises of how much better Obama was than a prospective Trump candidacy

I doubt Trump can even crawl under a bar set so low.

I honestly don't want to elect the guy and find out. I'd have liked to see Sanders as President but no dice here, so it looks like it's hold my nose for Clinton or sit this one out.

I'll have to consult master Yoda.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

key phrase

I don't understand how you can see so much hyperbole and think it's all reality, but I guess a distorted reality is what you have to adapt to keep your mind off your own abysmal party ticket.

How appropriate a statement for us both.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-04 13:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

hold my nose for Clinton or sit this one out.
At least vote against Trump. If people stay home and the guy wins whose fault is it?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-04 13:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

key phrase

Thanks for my daily dose of "I know you are but what am I".
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-04 13:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

key phrase

It's his brand of glasses he wears.

Rose-colored shades everything red.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't noticed that Aman does nothing other than swipe at Obama with zero introspection into his own party to the point of almost cult-like parody then you haven't been reading for the past couple.... i dunno... years.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-04 13:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't noticed that Aman does nothing other than swipe at Obama with zero introspection into his own party to the point of almost cult-like parody then you haven't been reading for the past couple.... i dunno... years.

I don't know why he doesn't just say he hates Obama once a day and take off, instead of making up lies. Oh wait, maybe he gets his info from the Enquirer, similar to Trump?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 13:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If the bolded part was something unique to Aman instead of something that is rampant in these forums then I wouldn't have objected.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-04 13:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
The only recruitment tool ISIS has ever needed is the weakness of President Obama. Kicking Americas *** for 4 years has been great for recruitment while all Obama has done is droned civilians.
Has Ama ever payed attention to reality where Obama is concerned?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-04 13:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Rose-colored shades everything red.

Los mas Negros de lentes,son rojos los ojos.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-04 13:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabeth Warren on Trump:

From her facebook page.
Quote:
Donald Trump is now the leader of the Republican Party. It's real – he is one step away from the White House. Here's what else is real:

Trump has built his campaign on racism, sexism, and xenophobia. There's more enthusiasm for him among leaders of the KKK than leaders of the political party he now controls.

He incites supporters to violence, praises Putin, and, according to a columnist who recently interviewed him, is "cool with being called an authoritarian" and doesn't mind associations with history's worst dictators.

He attacks veterans like John McCain who were captured and puts our servicemembers at risk by cheerleading illegal torture. In a world with ISIS militants and leaders like North Korean strongman Kim Jong-Un conducting nuclear tests, he surrounds himself with a foreign policy team that has been called a "collection of charlatans," and puts out contradictory and nonsensical national security ideas one expert recently called "incoherent" and "truly bizarre."

What happens next will test the character for all of us – Republican, Democrat, and Independent. It will determine whether we move forward as one nation or splinter at the hands of one man's narcissism and divisiveness. I know which side I'm on, and I’m going to fight my heart out to make sure Donald Trump’s toxic stew of hatred and insecurity never reaches the White House.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-04 13:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Or are you as excited as me to see Trump go to Mexico to deliver his Reaganesque, "Mr. Nieto, you will build that wall."

Hadrian was pretty stoked. He really should have had the wily Scots pay for it. It only takes a couple of successors for a wall to go to the way-side. I doubt it's going to happen.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If the bolded part was something unique to Aman instead of something that is rampant in these forums then I wouldn't have objected.

If this was the case, people wouldn't have spent months bitching that Hillary was a bad choice. Because she's always been the presumptive nominee. The 'official' Democratic position has been to back her.

And yet we had Sanders, now didn't we.

Meanwhile, Trump is collecting KKK nods like Pokemon cards and I'm wrong to call the guy out for saying racist ***? Oh wait, I'm sorry "he's just telling it how it is." which is coward-speak for those too weak to say their racist.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 13:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Elizabeth Warren on Trump

Speaking of hyperbole....

Seriously, he's Donald Trump. You can use less extreme adjectives to describe him and still get your point across. It might actually be more effective because you won't look like a partisan hack. Win-win.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Hadrian was pretty stoked. He really should have had the wily Scots pay for it. It only takes a couple of successors for a wall to go to the way-side. I doubt it's going to happen.

If the wall plan falls through, we can always end our trade deals with Mexico. I like the word deals. I make the best deals. I can't for America to deal... with an influx of Mexicans of their own creation.

We've always got that 'deport every illegal' plan to cut our teeth on. How's the Department of Emigration sound? I have the best words for the best things.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, he's Donald Trump. You can use less extreme adjectives to describe him and still get your point across. It might actually be more effective because you won't look like a partisan hack. Win-win.

Because Elizabeth Warren cares about being moderate?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-04 13:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

She is a Democrat Senator, I don't think she is concerned about posting objectively on an online forum.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 13:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were a senator, I would actually try to use language that wouldn't be immediately disregarded by the opposition. It's great that Elizabeth Warren enjoys preaching to the choir, I guess. I can just go on ignoring her as usual.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 13:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No one can get through to the GOP anymore, not even party can get through to their own. See: 2016 election cycle.

So why would Elizabeth Warren? Her entire brand is built on being a liberal's liberal. It's kind of her thing.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-04 13:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am way more interested to see how the GOP goes about rallying around Trump. Needless to say, they saw how Christie's endorsement caused his popularity to plummet in New Jersey, same with Sessions' in his homestate, he got a scathing rebuke. Pretty sure that sitting Congress members are going to be pretty skiddish about endorsing Trump, especially ones facing re-election. Many senators have said that if Trump is the nominee they aren't even going to the convention. How is that gonna look for party unity.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 13:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I am way more interested to see how the GOP goes about rallying around Trump. Needless to say, they saw how Christie's endorsement caused his popularity to plummet in New Jersey, same with Sessions' in his homestate, he got a scathing rebuke. Pretty sure that sitting Congress members are going to be pretty skiddish about endorsing Trump, especially ones facing re-election. Many senators have said that if Trump is the nominee they aren't even going to the convention. How is that gonna look for party unity.

It's nothing new. Trump's situation is just more obvious. All you have to do is be less Pro-Trump and more Anti-Hillary. Note how the Democrats have already adopted the inverse.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-04 14:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Its actually very new, I don't think the GOP has ever faced a situation like this. I can't remember an election where the party wasn't solidly behind their nominee from the point they were essentially, if not officially, the chosen one.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-04 14:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Its actually very new, I don't think the GOP has ever faced a situation like this. I can't remember an election where the party wasn't solidly behind their nominee from the point they were essentially, if not officially, the chosen one.

Sorry, I should have elaborated. I meant the potential strategy for unification isn't new. Give your people a common enemy and they'll unify. Attacks have often outweighed praise in presidential elections, and this one will be no different.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-04 14:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Official song of the GOP right now:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 27 28 29