Oboro, JSE Weapons And R/E/M Upgrades?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Oboro, JSE Weapons and R/E/M upgrades?
Oboro, JSE Weapons and R/E/M upgrades?
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2016-04-20 14:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I find myself wondering if I've made a mistake when I turned in my Verethragna to get upgraded to the new 119 III when it all started. Now with the augmentable JSEs, and with me finishing my Terpsichore the other day I have to ask:

1: Can I create/upgrade JSEs while a 119 I->III update is in progress?
2: Can I upgrade a R/E/M from 99 to 119 while a 119 I->III update is in progress?
or 3: Have I just screwed myself until I get another 9400 riftborn boulders?
 Asura.Hopefulki
Server: Asura
user: hopefulki
By Asura.Hopefulki 2016-04-20 14:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not sure, but you can always abandon the upgrade, you just lose what you have already turned in
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2016-04-20 14:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

At current Boulder prices I'd like to avoid that if possible.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2016-04-20 14:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I've tested, and you don't have to abandon it! Currently I'm taking my Ryunohige from 119-1 to 119-3, but I also aug'd my Aettir, made an Ohtas, and am working on augmenting it. Talk to Oboro. He'll ask you about abandoning the process, but if you hit yes, it doesn't actually cancel it out. From there, you can talk to him about augmenting (which opens it up) or making a new weapon. And, while mid-way through augmenting my Aettir, I traded some Beitetsu, which immediately went towards my Ryunohige. So you can do both simultaneously.

Edit: Reading is hard. I didn't realize it was two RMEs. I can't answer that one.
[+]
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2016-04-20 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
Actually, I've tested, and you don't have to abandon it! Currently I'm taking my Ryunohige from 119-1 to 119-3, but I also aug'd my Aettir, made an Ohtas, and am working on augmenting it. Talk to Oboro. He'll ask you about abandoning the process, but if you hit yes, it doesn't actually cancel it out. From there, you can talk to him about augmenting (which opens it up) or making a new weapon. And, while mid-way through augmenting my Aettir, I traded some Beitetsu, which immediately went towards my Ryunohige. So you can do both simultaneously.

Edit: Reading is hard. I didn't realize it was two RMEs. I can't answer that one.
Well, I can at least make a Priwen and aug some of my JSE stuff at least. Guess I'll find out about the 99->119 when I get my last scoria for Terpsichore.

Edit:Alright, It's confirmed. I now have Ilvl119 Terpsichore without having to cancel my Verethragna upgrade. Thanks everyone.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-01 10:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone figure out how to cancel/abandon quest from Oboro? I started tizona but now want to almace first but he does not give me any option to abandon the quest.
By iambatman3131 2016-06-01 10:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You just start the process again, but you lose the progress and he doesn't give refunds!
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-01 10:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have to wait a gameday or something? I just did almace to 119 and now wanna bump it to 119-3 but i started tizona quest and he gives me no way to cancel it.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-01 11:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Day change is a no go. I'm starting to think I am screwed
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-06-01 17:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I forget what the exact wording was, but I think he gives two dialogue options if you talk to him after starting a 119 (III) upgrade: something to the effect of "What's the deal?" and "Nothing."

If you choose "Nothing," I'm pretty sure he'll ask if you want to abandon your progress on the weapon you traded. As noted above though, you'll lose anything you've traded during this stage and won't get any of it back. :<
By iambatman3131 2016-06-01 17:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
I forget what the exact wording was, but I think he gives two dialogue options if you talk to him after starting a 119 (III) upgrade: something to the effect of "What's the deal?" and "Nothing."

If you choose "Nothing," I'm pretty sure he'll ask if you want to abandon your progress on the weapon you traded. As noted above though, you'll lose anything you've traded during this stage and won't get any of it back. :<
correct, i almost canceled my tizona III one day after i was over 9k in, was close!