Is Moblin Maze Mongers Still Relevant?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is Moblin Maze Mongers still relevant?
Is Moblin Maze Mongers still relevant?
By billnes 2016-04-19 08:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I knew that the FFXIclopedia existed, I tried doing Moblin Maze Mongers. I got nowhere because I didn't know that I needed to use Maze Voucher 01, Maze Rune 106, and Maze Rune 109, like you would any spell scroll. Because of that, I simply dropped all four items and never thought about it again. It looks like the drop items are rare/ex and max out at level 72. However, I'm still wondering if I should the time into giving it a try. Would I be able to use trusts? The NM's just melt like butter just going solo?

Thanks so much for your insight.
By Faelar 2016-04-19 08:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this New/Returning Player Guide on BG Wiki, it's on the "Event List of Shame" and here's what it says:

Moblin Maze Mongers - This was briefly a way to get comparable XP to a Lolibri party, but it took a substantial time investment to get the runes to really make the system work, and they nerfed the major way to obtain runes. Now it has one or two pieces (Antica Ring) that people find useful and is empty 99% of the time. Its current usage is primarily relegated to restoring 2-hour abilities by obtaining a Revitalizer temp item in a MMM Revitalization Team type maze.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Flannelman
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-04-19 09:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The Fast Cast necklace isnt from MMM, its from Meeble Burrows
[+]

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-19 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

MMM is for 45 min / 1 hour job ability resets, Lv. 1 lockstyle gear (like club hammer for WHM ^^), Daytime regen waist piece and since no trusts can be called: slower / slightly more challenging leveling of low level jobs. :3
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-04-19 09:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason I'm considering doing it is for the Accuracy/Evasion Vorseal:

Attain title "Maze Wanderer" from Chatnachoq for 10 marbles after clearing 10 MMM mazes

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-19 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing 10 MMM mazes is super easy... it can be the same maze over and over can finish it over the course of a few hours. Each maze can take about 10 minutes or so. If you or a friend has BLU or BST is can probably be done in 5 minutes. There is no risk. By getting a vorseal, you aren't losing the option to use another vorseal - that's not how they work. Its not like picking only 3 Atmas to use in Abyssea. Its just more of those stats each time you win a different Escha NM / get title etc.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-04-19 10:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC Meeble Burrows came out right before Abyssea, which made it especially useless when it came out.......

edit; meant maze mongers but who cares
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2016-04-19 10:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Moblin Maze Mongers (not Meeble Burrows) was released late 2008, about one year and a half before Abyssea.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2016-04-19 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the shovel.
The hat was also from there, but there's the same hat from adoulin quests now.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-19 11:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Asura.Brennski said: »
The only reason I'm considering doing it is for the Accuracy/Evasion Vorseal:

Attain title "Maze Wanderer" from Chatnachoq for 10 marbles after clearing 10 MMM mazes
Not sure about the ACC/EVA values on that one particular Vorseal, but I can almost thoroughly guarantee it won't be worth it.
EDIT: And by "not worth it", I mean in the sense of risk versus reward. Is it worth risking the time put in for a few ACC/EVA points that could be easily obtained through other means like food or gear, is the question you should be asking yourself.
There's no risk involved, you go around killing like 15 enemies that are level 99. The amount you get per Vorseal is normally Acc/Eva+2, but with the zone buff "Fortitude" in Escha, it's doubled. That would mean with all 11 and the zone buff, you get Acc+44.

Regarding Revitalizers, I just go to Abyssea - Altepa and kill Cuijatender (15 min respawn by Conflux #6). Everyone in the alliance who's in the zone gets a Revitalizer, though I can never seem to convince my stubborn friends to ditch MMM.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-04-22 10:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

MMM was never very relevant aside from some XP grinding potential.

I got myself a whole bunch of maze tiles from back in the first months of it when a party of six including a level 1 mule could amass an incredible amount of points. Then SE decided that people were having too much fun and that it shouldn't be so easy to get points for such a mostly useless event and nerfed that. Then it completely died after SE changed the re-entry timer conditions from JP midnight to 24 hours after the last run. With re-entry after JP midnight, on a weekend morning I could get people to do two runs in a row.

I did have some fun on the one where you lead a goblin through some battles, but after a while I got tired of even that.

MMM's lack of relevance was also why I never cared about or bothered with Meeble from the moment it was announced. The only times I did Meeble runs was when someone else wanted to go, probably because they were chasing some specific item that would be useless a few months later.

Anyhow, ten runs of it and ten marbles for a vorseal is easy, do it.