Returning From 2007, Which Content To Do ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning from 2007, which content to do ?
Returning from 2007, which content to do ?
By xiombargdei 2016-04-18 15:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys

I know this has been bought up many times, and i've been reading the "returning guides" here and there, but i can not find anything really up-to-date. I started playing in 2004 and stopped in 2007. All this new content is making me feel dizzy.

I'm curently THF99 but my main will be NIN once i finish leveling subs to 50. Please can anyone point me to the content i should do and in which order ? And maybe the 2 or 3 absolute must-have piece of equipement i should get ?

I've been reading so many wiki pages that i'm totaly lost on actualy where to start.

Thanks a bunch :)

PS : is NIN any good at all now ?
By ryson 2016-04-18 15:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

honest opinion is do minimum missions needed to complete RoV (final expansion) because the rewards are so high ... then get a 119 set of gear by finding a group to get you some new abj gear or low level stuff in reisenjima.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By xiombargdei 2016-04-19 04:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have almost finished rhapsodies of Vanadiel, i am past rhapsodies in mauve, stuck in Reisenjima now.

ryson said: »
then get a 119 set of gear by finding a group to get you some new abj gear or low level stuff in reisenjima.

Finding a group for content I know nothing about is quite hard. Though I will jump in a LS group if anyone proposes. Thanks !

floppyseconds said:
Rough gearing progression:
Sparks gear to
Wilds Keeper Reives gear to
Delve gear to
109 AF1/2/3 gear and Aluvion Skirmish gear to
119 AF1/2/3 gear and Unity, Escha, and Ambuscade gear

I am at Sparks gear. Is it possible to jump straight into upgrading dynamis AF to 109 or 119 ? I do not know the requirements exactly, but the process sounds easy enough to do.

Josiahfk said:
Soloing alluvion yorcia also is a good starting place for 119 gear wise
OK i'll ask someone in my LS to show this to me at least once. thanks !
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-19 05:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What server are you on?

Sparks gear can easily cope with Dynamis/Salvage.

Upgrading Af/Relix/Empy to 109 needs REM chapters 1~5 + other mats available from AH.
REMs come from SKCNM 20 fights. You can probably solo these on Very Easy/Easy settings in sparks. Better to run these in a group though, you can get more in a shorter amount of time, and ppl usually need some.

Upgrading Af/Relix/Empy* to 119 needs REM chapters 6~10 + other mats available from AH.
There REMs drop from High Tier Battlefields and you would struggle to clear solo in sparks gear on VE/Easy

*Empy to 119 needs Vagary clears, this is not viable at your current stage.

You could likely get an LS mate to help you clear EITHER:
Any HTBF on Normal +
OR
Any SKCNM on Difficult +

This will allow you to access Oboro for JSE weapons. Expensive, but often good for most jobs especially as you work towards either Escha Weapons and/or Relic/Mythic etc.
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-19 05:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, finish SoA mission line asap
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2016-04-19 09:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip to alluvion skirmish gear. You'll be at 119 and ready to at least be in groups in escha and reisenjima.

Here's a solo guide
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48605/returning-player-just-transferred-to-cerberus/#3083185
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2016-04-19 09:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what server you on?
By xiombargdei 2016-04-19 09:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Shiva in the Kindreds LS. Lots of nice and helpful people there, but i still like a forum for explanations and discussions, especialy when i'm at work ;)

This is my plan so far :

- finish leveling WAR to 50
- get relic NIN drops from dynamis with my THF
- level NIN to 99
- do Aht Urghan missions
- do Seekers of Adoulin missions (maybe try to do reives to not lose any of those 15 imprimaturs you get, though i must be capped already)
- look into upgrading relic NIN armor to 109 and 119 with help of this page
- try to do alluvion skirmish though the requirements, KIs, and things you must do once inside all seem weird and "un-natural". I'll need someone to take my hand the first time i think.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-19 09:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

xiombargdei said: »
I'm on Shiva in the Kindreds LS. Lots of nice and helpful people there, but i still like a forum for explanations and discussions, especialy when i'm at work ;)

This is my plan so far :

- finish leveling WAR to 50
- get relic NIN drops from dynamis with my THF
- level NIN to 99
- do Aht Urghan missions
- do Seekers of Adoulin missions (maybe try to do reives to not lose any of those 15 imprimaturs you get, though i must be capped already)
- look into upgrading relic NIN armor to 109 and 119 with help of this page
- try to do alluvion skirmish though the requirements, KIs, and things you must do once inside all seem weird and "un-natural". I'll need someone to take my hand the first time i think.

What hours do you play? Alluvian Skirmish is quick and easy to get a good starting point of snagging reasonable ilvl119 gear.
By xiombargdei 2016-04-19 15:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
What hours do you play? Alluvian Skirmish is quick and easy to get a good starting point of snagging reasonable ilvl119 gear.

I play on GMT 8pm to 10pm roughly. My character name is Silma.
 Shiva.Dijana
Server: Shiva
user: Dijana
By Shiva.Dijana 2016-04-23 06:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

xiombargdei said: »

This is a bit funny, I was looking over this thread too since Im still trying to get caught up after returning from a hiatus too. Turns out we're both in the same LS (although I havent really talked much in it). If you want to do newbie funtimes together poke me! Im usually just dragging Dashuto along with me as I make my way through missions and battlefields.
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2016-04-23 09:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111484-New-or-Returning-Players-Discussion-2-SoA-Homeless-Veterans-Edition