Forum » FFXI » Escha » WoC help lol
WoC help lol
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-16 00:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, we're a social ls that isn't afraid of tackling end game content. We have a few people working on Aeonics and a couple others just along for the ride to fight hard content. We're trying to make due with what we have, which to be fair is pretty good considering we aren't an endgame shell.

Current setup is pld (mythic) geo (vex/attune) whm, then geox2 (only 1 with idris) sch and either blmx2 and cor or blmx3 depending on who's on, all with capped jp.

Our main issue is dealing with Call Wyvern surprisingly. Pld uses circle blade > sentinel to establish hate, then geos use diaga to activate bubbles on adds then we proceed to AoE them down. The problem comes when he spawns more than 3 at a time. The penalty to AoE nukes slows us down enough that if SV comes before adds die, we wipe plain and simple. We've dealt with SV without issues before when adds are down, but when adds are up we are screwed. The blms we had tonight are legit, so I was wondering at this point if there's a slight adjustment to our setup we could use or something people are doing that we're missing cause our problems aren't as simple as gear/jp. If we can get around Call Wyvern, the rest of this fight is cake save for Bene spam.

Another question I had was how to zombie this thing, if at all. We wiped tonight at 1% (yes... 1%) to SV with about 9 adds out (we ignored them and tried to finish it off before SV and fell short). We had DoT on, but it seemed to regen regardless. Did it remove it somehow or can this thing just not be zombied?

Thanks in advance for any tips or helpful advice. We're just ready to move on to Reisenjima lol, sick of farming WoC pops.

Edit: I should add that we've tried using 2 tanks, pld + run for gambit/rayke and to get hate on adds faster/easier, but that didn't end well for the run lol.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-16 00:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
We had DoT on, but it seemed to regen regardless. Did it remove it somehow or can this thing just not be zombied?
Yes, it uses its self-erase ability (forgot the name of it) every time it goes idle. Not something that can be zombied.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-16 00:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My help isn't much or any but the one time my group actually got WoC down to like 30%ish was when he used call wyvern and we just left them up and the pld was able to tank them. Our setup at the time was BLMx3, GEOx2, COR, SCH, WHM and PLD. We lost because he ran out of mp to aspir from lol. Bracelets mode is a *** -_-

But yeah you can probably win without doing a thing to his adds, its mostly a timed and luck battle really, to me it seems that way when we actually tried.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-16 00:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
My help isn't much or any but the one time my group actually got WoC down to like 30%ish was when he used call wyvern and we just left them up and the pld was able to tank them. Our setup at the time was BLMx3, GEOx2, COR, SCH, WHM and PLD. We lost because he ran out of mp to aspir from lol. Bracelets mode is a *** -_-

But yeah you can probably win without doing a thing to his adds, its mostly a timed and luck battle really, to me it seems that way when we actually tried.

The adds aren't killing us though and yea the pld can supertank them easily. The issue comes when WoC uses SV and you have 20 different mobs charming everyone, then it regens to full and you have to start over which is why I'd prefer to kill the adds, we just aren't doing it fast enough. Basically if we can figure out how to prevent the adds from charming people, we'll have np killing WoC. He's surprisingly soft, just has BS moves like unlimited Bene.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-16 00:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If he uses SV and you can't kill it before charm drink wears off, gg
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-16 00:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if it'd even work since the idea only just popped in my head right now, but if the wyverns aren't immune to silence you could probably bring a BLU/BLM to Elemental Seal Silent Storm upon SV.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-16 00:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that's an interesting idea.
By Arcto 2016-04-16 00:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
If he uses SV and you can't kill it before charm drink wears off, gg

There have been numerous times where it is near the first SP's used. Just have to wipe it up and start over from 100 really. Sucks but not much you can do really. Just keep at it and hope for the HF/meikyo/pd combos
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-16 01:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

have your black mages mana wall and survive until charm wears. you don't need to wipe from SV
By iambatman3131 2016-04-16 01:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What *** you over, is that 1% bene. + mijin combo!
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-16 01:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
have your black mages mana wall and survive until charm wears. you don't need to wipe from SV

That's a nice adjustment, but wouldn't completely absolve our issues as they would still be capable of being charmed after Charm Buffer is down. It would possibly keep them alive long enough for the pld to uncharm and use a buffer to get hate back though, so maybe this would solve our wipe/regen issues for the first SV with adds out anyways. Thanks for the input, I'll add this to our current strat and see if that gives us a big enough boost to finally get past this damn thing.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-16 01:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

have them charm buffer after the pld gets charmed, as long as you can deter WoC from going idle before SV wears it doesn't really matter
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-16 02:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that should help, at least for one of them since you can't carry more than one buffer. Thanks.