U's Journal: Bravely Second Megathread
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-04-15 08:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's time! Anyone from my bravely default friend list gettin get his today?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-15 08:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already been playing cause *** yeah Europe!

So happy of this game!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-15 08:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

WHAT!? This snuck up on me. I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-04-15 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That opening cutscene...

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!

*skips work for the next 2 weeks*
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-04-15 08:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anything carry over from the first game's save data?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-15 08:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-04-15 08:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

But there's a code for gifts if you played the demo.
By Faelar 2016-04-15 08:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, it keeps saying my Gathelatio Costume Set download code is invalid :/

EDIT: Found the problem. The set isn't available for download until April 24th.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-04-15 08:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

guess i'll try and finish the first one this weekend
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-15 08:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I suggest doing the optional boss fights from BD cause there's returning characters and it kinda helps if you know their sidestories in full.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-04-15 08:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the second one in the Nintendo Store or did you have to go to the store and nab it? I kinda don't wanna drive anywhere to go get it after work
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-15 08:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought mine from SE store.
By Faelar 2016-04-15 08:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Is the second one in the Nintendo Store or did you have to go to the store and nab it? I kinda don't wanna drive anywhere to go get it after work

You can buy both Bravely Default and Bravely Second in the Nintendo eShop.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-04-15 09:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the first one, been busy playing Fire Emblem tho. Noticed the Square Enix store has that Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness Day One Edition (pre-order) available , there goes $60
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-15 09:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Bravely Default and enjoyed it and it fit my habit of playing a handheld game for a bit before I go to sleep at night, but like a lot of things I got distracted by other games and haven't gone back to it, first it was Final Fantasy Explorers, then it was LoZ Twilight Princess HD.

So I have no plans right now to get Bravely Second until I go back and complete Bravely Default, looking at a guide for what sounds familiar, I think I got to Florem which probably isn't very far but I was able to fully rebuild Norende because of all the streetpass got.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-04-15 11:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

it was on pre-order for nintendo store so im sure its up there now
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-15 17:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminder:
I know I've put my friendcode up for anyone to add as others have done too, but don't forget you have to tell the person you're adding because the ds doesn't have a notification feature and it has to be reciprocated to be effective.

That being said, the moon is waiting!
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-04-15 19:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll add everyone in about an hour, my nintendo friend list is desolate with just Misao.
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2016-04-15 19:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

MIKU'S HERE. JFDSIAJGDSAIGD IASJ GDSAJ SBRAVELY SECONDS OGJ GSJG D
SGDS
J WAOE JWEJ GSAOED APKSDG
K
By Hatsune Miku 2016-04-15 19:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

THIS OPENING DOH *dies*
By Faelar 2016-04-16 10:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

UGH!!! Off to a great start ;-;
By Ackeron 2016-04-16 11:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I laugh every time these guys say Ba'al Busters >_>

BA'AL BUSTERS!
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2016-04-16 11:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to order online... my copy of the CE is apparently in New Jersery... so I'm expecting it mid/late next week
By Hatsune Miku 2016-04-16 15:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

By Draylo 2016-04-16 15:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Started slowly working on finishing bravely default for this but I didn't make it lol. I have this game sitting unopened but I'm on CHP7 now in BD, is that close to the end? Also the bosses are kinda kicking my butt, whats a good strategy in general? I typically do Bushido/Piracy for Free lunch + Amped strike on 3 characters and one as a healer with steal ability.
By Hatsune Miku 2016-04-16 15:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-16 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatsune Miku said: »
Bravely Illegal Chinese Factory is the best!!

Draylo said: »
Started slowly working on finishing bravely default for this but I didn't make it lol. I have this game sitting unopened but I'm on CHP7 now in BD, is that close to the end? Also the bosses are kinda kicking my butt, whats a good strategy in general? I typically do Bushido/Piracy for Free lunch + Amped strike on 3 characters and one as a healer with steal ability.
Depends on the battle really, but for the superhard battles in the end my team was almost steadily Knight/Templar with double shield just doing default and rampart; spiritmaster/white mage as healer; then 2 dd with ninja sub(valk, monk or pirate depending on what I felt I needed).
edit: I found extremely helpful to have speed bonus sub ability and speed accessory on the healer so it was always the first to act at every round.
[+]
By Hatsune Miku 2016-04-16 16:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Hatsune Miku said: »
Bravely Illegal Chinese Factory is the best!!

Why is this so *** addicting I've been playing it for an hour LOL
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-16 16:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

But damn if you're already there you probably surpassed me by now o.o I only just finished the first optional quest *rushes to the ds to not fall behind*
 Valefor.Kensagaku
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2016-04-16 16:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Inc babbling!

I have to say that so far, I'm liking what I've seen so far of the new classes. Fencer is cool with the shifting stances, especially paired with Muscle Memory to retain your stance stats longer, and I really, really love the building of Spellcraft from the Wizard job. As a whole, it's a nice touch on things.

The chain system, I'm... so-so on. Because BP transfers over at the start of each new chain, you actually don't get your "start of turn recovery" on BP. This means that even if only one character acted and only took one action, which puts them at -1 (and then from there to 0 again at the start of the next turn), the start of the next battle in the chain has them at -1. Worse, if the other three Defaulted, they just stay at 0, because the +1 they'd get is given only at the start of the next turn. This means that unless you have some way to renew BP elsewhere, chaining is locked at a four-round chain.

So far, the only way I see this working is with everyone to have the Red Mage ability BP Recovery, which gives you 1 BP for sustaining an ailment. Then have one person do an AoE status spell (though I guess you need Black Mage for that, assuming that Group-Cast All is available via them again) to give everyone 1 BP including the user (net +0/+1/+1/+1), have another use the Freelancer ability Halfsies (consume one item for half effect on all party members; status recovery works on all normally! Just potions/ethers/etc are halved) to remove the status with a single item, and the other two use a one-BP attack. Rinse and repeat for infinite-chaining goodness as long as MP lasts. Make MP last by putting everyone in red HP and using MP Free in a Pinch with Red Mage. Annnd if you wanna get the most bang for your buck, Wizard with Full Charge (double potency if MP is full). Turn off EXP so MP never changes and viola, you have infinite chaining.

...I think. Group-Cast all was a 3 in BD (assuming it comes back), BP Recovery is 1. So that one person is at a 4/5, but only needs to spam status-ga. Then BP Recovery (1) on all three of the others, and the other two also have MP Free in a Pinch (1) and Full Charge (1) for 3/5... so can set JP boost on all four and have easy spamming of JP chaining. Dunno how many times you can chain though, but I believe it's 1 -> 1.5 -> 1.8 -> 2.0 -> 2.2 as far as I've seen. Prolly keeps going up by a x0.2 bonus each time after that.

Anyway, all this over-strategizing aside, there is one thing that just annoys me. *tableflip*

For an example of above (and this is a whole other level of spoiler):

Edit: Also so slow, Seha! I'm already past you, I think. And I just got the game last night. :P
First Page 2 3 4