users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Looking for a merc group for pakecet
Looking for a merc group for pakecet
First Page 2
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Twilighttigger 2016-04-07 09:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What it says above if there is anyone that still does merc groups on sylph. Looking for a few abj. X2 Jovian abj body. 1 Venerian body. 1 Bushin body. Either pm me or /tell in game same name. Gmt time zone
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Bryangelos
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bryangelos 2016-04-07 11:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

He made a nagi, enough said.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Sylph.Twilighttigger 2016-04-07 11:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes *she made a nagi. But this isn't about what mythic I made how many weapons I've done or job points have on what jobs. Was simply looking for a merc group. So please let's stay on the topic.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-07 13:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao bump

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-07 13:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

did i miss something and suddenly it's *** day

this is shockingly reminiscent of old bg
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-07 13:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not about how hard pakecet is, it's about three different people being straight up *** because someone wanted a merc for some reason or another

maybe they were misinformed as to it's difficulty, maybe they're lazy, maybe they're just hoping someone is stupid enough to sell the abj for less than the cost of pops because t3 pops add up quick

doesn't really matter, they were polite and they got insulted by pretty much every respondant
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-07 14:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, these responses aren't warranted... if you were on fenrir i'd just do it for you for free if you brought me the pops but you're not
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-07 14:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Whisper me in-game on Dillus.

Sorry for the negative replies.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-07 15:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I'm also very surprised that paying or selling drops are being judged with bias all these times.

So something like:

Ppl buying drops = lazy, no friend, anti social, misinformed.

Selling drops = Money hungry, taking advantage off new people.

Honestly it's just business. Some people with great gears prefer to pay simply because they don't want to feel like oweing someone else a favor. They have the gil to afford merc and they don't need to ask for help.

And yes I've seen ppl just refuse to ask friends and ls for help just because they feel shitty to do so.

So what's the point to bash those people for paying merc? Some people prefer to pay, just let them pay, it's not hard to make money.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-04-07 15:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Logical
Server: Cerberus
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2016-04-07 15:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with buying/selling a few drops? Let the person do whatever they want and allow commerce to continue on unhindered.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-07 15:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
yeah, these responses aren't warranted... if you were on fenrir i'd just do it for you for free if you brought me the pops but you're not

How is it not warranted?

They are not asking for T4/HELM clears in Reisen or even T3 or even WoC. They are asking for something very easy. They are literally ranked #4 on their server and 32 overall. They have all jobs 99 with 5 1200s, all crafts including fishing capped, a dozen weapons made, with a LS and T3 Reisen drops already.
They have played for years and years. You are telling me they don't have a LS member, a friend, or anything?

All they have ever posted about was asking to buy things. NNI gear, delve wins, and now something they can easily do given how they have done everything else.

So that leaves me to want to conclude they simply just need some encouragement and to be assured of their capabilities. Anything else is far less positive.

Either way they win. Everyone responding has bumped this thread continuously and given them exposure. The people who don't like the responses are going to now help and even for free when they weren't inclined to before and continue to shine a light on their request.

They are not some new player in need of help. They are one who has completed about 95% of the games content from the looks of it. They have gear that I don't even have yet from things I have never even fought. Give me a break.

Just because you don't like to pay others for help, doesn't mean everyone else are the same.

I've met a lot of ppl in game and rl that will never ask for help from friend and family. Asking for help just make them feel bad for whatever reason. Maybe they don't want to owe others favor, maybe they just have too much pride to say " Hello Spicy, do you have time for a moment? I need help with pakecet, could you please help?"

Or maybe they have other reasons that I could never figure out by myself.

And they'd rather pay instead of asking for help.

Either way, my point stands, if they want to pay, just let them pay. But they don't necessary lack friend, ls or information.
 Odin.Vuq
Server: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-04-07 15:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I'm also very surprised that paying or selling drops are being judged with bias all these times.

So something like:

Ppl buying drops = lazy, no friend, anti social, misinformed.

Selling drops = Money hungry, taking advantage off new people.

Honestly it's just business. Some people with great gears prefer to pay simply because they don't want to feel like oweing someone else a favor. They have the gil to afford merc and they don't need to ask for help.

And yes I've seen ppl just refuse to ask friends and ls for help just because they feel shitty to do so.

So what's the point to bash those people for paying merc? Some people prefer to pay, just let them pay, it's not hard to make money.

Thats a good way to look at it
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-07 15:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont want to be anyone's lawyer, and i dont even know the man, but you guys make it sound like floppyseconds attacked the Op for whatever reason, when all i'm reading is him saying she can do it with her geo (which would require her to stand there and look pretty, given how easy the fight is, same as she would do with a merc group) and offering help.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-04-07 16:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-07 16:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The person didn't ask for a motivational speech and encouragement to kill it themselves. For whatever reason that none of us know, they want to buy it.

Yes, if they have T3 Reisen drops then clearly they can kill Pakecet. They obviously have a reason they want to buy it rather than to kill it themselves so why not just leave it at that?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-04-07 16:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If they have the money who cares what they do with it. I wipe my bum bum with 650m, so what? It's their money not yours leave the guy alone.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-04-07 16:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

At first I didn't think twice about this post, just another merc request. But I do absolutely see Flopp's point, as well as the other points mentioned in this discussion, and I think this is par to the culture that we have now in ffxi (and even outside of it).

Everyone is all about getting the most out of nothing, or the least work possible. Was it warranted? This is a public forum where people can voice their opinions and whatnot, so you be the judge. But I do agree that everyone lately has this "i'll pay you, just do this sh*t for me please" attitude.

Now the argument could be made that the NM requires some pretty pricy pops, so he'd rather pay someone to beat it than risk wasting gil on a potential wipe. However, based on the player's accomplishments, you'd think they were good enough to accomplish this by simply shouting/PUG/solo. This is the where the standoff begins.

But hey, I'm just being objective and seeing two sides of the story. Not dinging the guy for paying for help, as that may be the path of least resistance for her. But I also can understand that, in some cases, using your brain and your skillset is not that challenging either.

tldr; oh shet it's 5:30 and im still at work, commenting on a video game forum. wut is life breh
 Lakshmi.Minivict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2016-04-07 16:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather pay someone and have people like you guys do the work for me while i sit there and watch lol
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-07 16:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, if I didn't have to pay for pops I would absolutely buy it myself too, considering I've gone 1/30 on V or J body on more than 1 occasion.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Sylph.Twilighttigger 2016-04-07 16:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly I'm not a guy!
Secondly Why is a question off why I want to buy the abj. It's my choice I'm not being a *** like some of you guys, I asked nicely if anyone was doing mercs on my server. 99% of you aren't even on the same server!

I do not have a linkshell atm,they stopped doing that dort of thing or run too late for me. I play mainly with my husband who has very limited play due to work. Neither of us know the strategy of this mob. So these are my reasons for asking for a merc.

Anymore questions ? Or can you just leave this on topic that I'm looking for a merc.....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2016-04-07 18:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can attest that Sylph has very low population and I was in the same LS as Twiggy, if you're not there at the right time with the right members, the LS is pretty dead XD Kinda why I dropped the subscription a few days ago...
First Page 2