Video Editing/mixing Program Suggestions.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Video editing/mixing program suggestions.
Video editing/mixing program suggestions.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-08 14:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So i am almost finished with my several fraps videos, i have nearly 160GB of information and i want to make it all into one edited full length feature. I also might be trendy and put some music to some of it as well.

I need some suggestions for good windows based programs that are capable of simple tasks yet being able to make them look decent and not half assed.

The ability to add still images or .jpg's would be wonderful too... and have them display for a set amount of time before going to the next video.

I have every idea in my head played out, i just need a reliable program to carry it out.

Anyone have any good suggestions? They can be free or pay apps as long as they are popular/common.

Thanks ahead of time :)
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-08 14:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

PS) Transition effects are a major plus.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-08 14:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You 'do' know that you have an edit link on your post, right?
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-08 15:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sony Vegas do all that :p And not that hard to handle :) Easier than Premiere.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-08 15:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't already done a little research, here's some basic stuff to check out:

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_editing_software

If you sort the 2nd links columns into Windows and Freeware you should come up with the same list I did, being: Avidemux, Blender, VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, and Windows Media Player, the last of which will likely be mentioned here because while it is a stock Windows program it will probably do everything you're looking to accomplish. Depending on your current file type and quality of encode one of the other options might be able to encode it in HD with h264.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-08 15:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Vdub is good for encoding/editing, but won't be able to add many effects to the video. WMM just sux since the output will be in *.wmv.

Just go for Vegas, work with your raw video, then do the final encoding with vdub + x264 vfw codec.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-08 15:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna second/third Sony Vegas. By far my favorite program for video editing.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-08 16:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Third/fourth Sony Vegas. My only complaint is that they look like ***on Youtube. I'm probably doing something wrong, so if anyone has any tips, let me know.

My friend recommended Camtasia to me. His videos look great! Crystal clear on Youtube. But again, I'm probably *** up the rendering or something.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-08 17:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just checked into Sony Vegas, i do believe i will try to get my hands on that asap :)

Thanks guys i appreciate the useful responses.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-08 18:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna said:
Third/fourth Sony Vegas. My only complaint is that they look like ***on Youtube. I'm probably doing something wrong, so if anyone has any tips, let me know.

My friend recommended Camtasia to me. His videos look great! Crystal clear on Youtube. But again, I'm probably *** up the rendering or something.

Well check my vids on youtube, they look great :d Encoding ain't related to Vegas anyway, Vegas just use external codecs you have installed. But again I'd suggest to let vdub do the encoding part and do the rest with Vegas.

What codec do you use ?