Warning! Do Not Enter Southern San D'Oria [S] [Bismarck]

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Warning! Do Not Enter Southern San D'Oria [S] [Bismarck]
Warning! Do Not Enter Southern San D'Oria [S] [Bismarck]
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Roundelk
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Roundelk
By Bismarck.Roundelk 2016-04-02 22:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Upon entering Southern San D'Oria [S] your character will get the normal black loading screen then get kicked off the game, as you log back in the same will happened. This happened to my wife so I decided to try it with my mule and both characters are stuck whether you are on windower or vanilla it does not matter so watch out.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-04-02 22:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This crap happened a couple months back. Not everyone was affected if I remember correctly.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/127310-Preventing-getting-stuck-between-zones-downloading-data
 Bismarck.Roundelk
user: Roundelk
By Bismarck.Roundelk 2016-04-02 23:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We have tried different machines and same result.
 Bismarck.Demitrious
user: Demitrius
By Bismarck.Demitrious 2016-04-02 23:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got stuck Zoning into Moh Gates from Morimar Besalt Fields so it's hitting important zones too
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-02 23:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Demitrious said: »
I just got stuck Zoning into Moh Gates from Morimar Besalt Fields so it's hitting important zones too

You know you have been gone a long time when you have never even heard of these zones.
By Meril1 2016-04-02 23:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

is everyone on att internet?
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2016-04-02 23:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Meril1 said: »
is everyone on att internet?
It's not just att.
I also just got kicked on a VPN
 Bismarck.Demitrious
By Bismarck.Demitrious 2016-04-03 00:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Comcast
 Siren.Leocon
Server: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-04-03 00:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the affected seem to be, but not all.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-03 00:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Reset your router, this happens to me every now and then.

I use comcast as well
By Zziric 2016-04-03 00:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been stuck in West Ronf all day, I have reset router, reset IP, its been over 12 hours now.

My mules can log in and out, main can not...of course its on my weekend >.<

*Comcast as well
 Bismarck.Demitrious
By Bismarck.Demitrious 2016-04-03 00:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why Blizzard has 24 hour Phone Contact service. So things like this never happen. SE needs to join the 21st Century
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-03 01:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SE only has like 2 people running XI. You'd have to login to XIV and call a GM there, then ask them to move your XI character to another zone.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-04-03 02:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
SE only has like 2 people running XI. You'd have to login to XIV and call a GM there, then ask them to move your XI character to another zone.
Doubt they would even do that at all...

I just got stuck and can't get back in but I can log in my other characters(Mules though.)

About to risk going to mog garden from WA on this character.

EDIT: Did it. Carbuncle Server.

Zoning into the Mog garden from WA will error you. However, going to th emog garden from inside your MH, will not.

Maybe OP can update known areas that bug you and blow you up.

How long does SE take to fix this kind of ***?

Post deleted by User.
 leo
By leo 2016-04-03 02:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In Fenrir, avoid Kamir Drifts. I have main and two mules stuck there... lol

The problem actually started about a hour past JST midnight while I was doing my main char imprimaturs at Kamir Drifts. I had just talked to the npc at the bivouac and was reaching the teleport back when it glitched (I just got R0 then disconnected) so it's been about 16 hours since it first started.

I then sent two mules that way just to confirm if it was a problem with my chars or with the server.

Oh well. I suppose I'll play something else today after my snooze.
[+]
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-04-03 03:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

These issues started up again most recently on 3/28 (as you can see from the posts in the general forum). Most people just complained about getting disconnected a lot, but my main got stuck in the black "downloading" screen when zoning from mog garden to west alduin, until it eventually timed out. I was able to log on to my mule just fine. After about 7 repeat attempts to log back in, I finally got past that black screen. Interestingly, my macros seemed at first to have vanished, but in the end only one set (with war macros) was wiped, and the others had only lost their names. All my spell lists were out of order too, which especially sucked to redo for my trusts.

Then on 3/31 in the evening I noticed the server getting sluggish, with AH and player searches both failing occasionally. Then later I took my main from the mog garden to west alduin and again got stuck. Since I had noticed problems earlier with the server, I assumed it was on their end. This time I was unable to get on after 10+ tries. At first it was just my main, but then my mule got stuck doing the same thing - moving from garden to west alduin. My error messages also switched from just the usual "error code 3001, no response from server, connection timed out" to "error code 3100, could not connect to lobby server" and finally "error code 1160, network is busy or there are connection problems". I tried resetting my router with no improvement. My sister, who plays ff14 on the same connection, said they were also having issues with lag. While it was again somewhat reassuring that the problems seemed to be on SE's end, it didn't seem to be affecting most people, and I wondered if it was a local issue. I gave up and went to bed, and the next day was able to log in both main and mule and have been zoning without problems (but I try to avoid west alduin when I can).

Today there seem to be many more people affected, and someone in my ls has been having the same issues, and also reported that his macro names disappeared (and interestingly, his war macros were also gone). He had issues zoning out of norg and later zoning into escha-sky. I think it's safe to say that the issue isn't zone specific, and that this freezing on loading issue can probably happen anywhere. I wish SE would at least acknowledge that people are having this issue, even if they don't have a solution yet. It may be that regardless, they don't plan on doing anything until the update. I worry about whether loading issues will become even worse after wardrobe 2 comes out, however, given how checking inventory is a known cause of zoning lag.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-04-03 03:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to stay away of FFXI since March 13th, came back yesterday to see how the chars were doing, and zoned from Port Jeuno to Lower Jeuno with my main char and it disconnected me. Two mules did zone all right, but a third one also got stuck while zoning in Windurst.

I just gave up and went to bed, at least it isn't an issue on my end, but I do hope it gets fixed soon.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-03 04:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we need 2 of the basically same thread...?
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2016-04-03 05:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like we can add Western Adulin to that list as well. Tried to tele in via the waypoints and get 3001'd...

Edit: was going into Western from Eastern if that helps any. Also seems trying to log back in doesn't do anything either. Still getting the same error.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Conners
Server: Bahamut
user: C0nner
By Bahamut.Conners 2016-04-03 05:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well all of my character's are locked in windurst not sure how to get out since all my mules are in windy. Anybody got any sugestions?

GM response: "we have determined that you will need to seek technical assistance from our support center to resolve the matter. You can reach them by visiting http://support.na.square-enix.com and choosing FINAL FANFTASY XI. on the site,you can search for possible resolutions in the knowledge base or click on contact to begin a help request.Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm Pacific time, and will work to provide you with the best possible resolution.
Thank you for your patience, and best wishes to you.
FINAL FANTASY XI Game Master Team"

Yeah i know for a fact they used to move your character if you got stuck. called a GM many times for it. This is just BS!!!!!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2016-04-03 05:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause most people don't really look at the OF for things like this. Getting it reported to SE is one thing, letting others know so they don't get stuck in it is another. AH I think is viewed a little bit more. lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2016-04-03 05:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: Put in a GM call in from one of my mules regards to this and got their canned message about having to submit a ticket with their technical support. What good is a "My character is stuck" submission form if all they are gonna do is tell you to go to a site. >.<;;;

Update 2: Was able to log back in without a problem. Not sure if it's fixed or just got lucky.
 leo
By leo 2016-04-03 09:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Conners said: »
Well all of my character's are locked in windurst not sure how to get out since all my mules are in windy. Anybody got any sugestions?

GM response: "we have determined that you will need to seek technical assistance from our support center to resolve the matter. You can reach them by visiting http://support.na.square-enix.com and choosing FINAL FANFTASY XI. on the site,you can search for possible resolutions in the knowledge base or click on contact to begin a help request.Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm Pacific time, and will work to provide you with the best possible resolution.
Thank you for your patience, and best wishes to you.
FINAL FANTASY XI Game Master Team"

Yeah i know for a fact they used to move your character if you got stuck. called a GM many times for it. This is just BS!!!!!!!

The reason is simple, you need to be logged in on the said character for a GM to be able to move it. When the character is not logged in it's data is stored in the database so they can't touch it from the in game GM interface. So that's why.

Would be the same if this happened 10 years ago. Also that's why you're expected by them to place the GM call with the character which is having the problem.

I heard of them helping stuck people with GM call made from another character in the past but in the said case the player controlling it was without access to the game menus. But then, the affected character was still online.
 Bismarck.Demitrious
By Bismarck.Demitrious 2016-04-03 13:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking the latest Disconnecting issue might have something to do with SE dropping PS2 and X-box 360 service
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-03 13:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically this is a player warning! Cause you're warning players of something!

*reports op*
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-03 13:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to try and log in, crossing my fingers that I get stuck as well so I'm forced to enjoy this beautiful day. Otherwise, my poor self-control won't let me.
First Page 2