Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Keyboard Issue
Keyboard Issue
By Dukenukem 2016-03-31 12:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so I've been running into an issue with my Logitech wireless keyboard I use to play ffxi. Sometimes, usually after an update,the game will not respond to my keyboard at all.

The only way I can play is with my xbox one controller i have plugged in which works fine but the issue is I can't send /tells to anyone or anything.

One strange thing is that the space key works fine which means i can type out a message but the enter key wont work so i cannot send it. Also i've been able to fix this problem a few times before by moving the usb input to another usb port on my desktop but that doesn't seem to be working this time.

If anyone has any advice to help me out I would really appreciate it!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-03-31 22:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dukenukem said: »
Also i've been able to fix this problem a few times before by moving the usb input to another usb port on my desktop but that doesn't seem to be working this time.
That's because Windows has always been stupid about USB and insists on a complete re-install of a device's drivers when you plug it into a new port. But if it's already been in that port, it doesn't happen again. So maybe you chould go into the device manager and figure out what device is your keyboard and uninstall it so that Windows will re-re-install it?

Or buy a USB hub for your keyboard so that you have a whole new set of USB port IDs for Windows to re-install the drivers to!
By Dukenukem 2016-04-09 14:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured it out, if I start the game with my xbox one controller connected the game wont respond to my keyboard. So the solution is to make sure the controller is turned off before starting up ffxi.