New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Reminder News For PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 Players
Reminder News For PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 Players
First Page 2 3 4
By Masterbuyer 2016-03-16 23:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Move your account to windows before its too late Asap pronto.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/winshift.html

By Bloodrose 2016-03-16 23:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't really breaking news...

It's been announced for months before hand, and players have had reminders pop up quite often.
[+]
By Masterbuyer 2016-03-16 23:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
This isn't really breaking news...

It's been announced for months before hand, and players have had reminders pop up quite often.

Its coming to the end just a reminder for those players :P
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-17 03:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

...it's on the front page feed. I would also suggest using the word "reminder" vs "breaking news" on title.
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-03-17 03:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You sure your not Kawar in disguise?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-17 04:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Masterbuyer 2016-03-17 10:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
...it's on the front page feed. I would also suggest using the word "reminder" vs "breaking news" on title.

Done anyone playing this on PS3 tho, It be nice if it works on PS3

Wish they carried on with the xbox 360 version tho. O.o
By dustinfoley 2016-03-17 11:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does work on ps3 with backward compatibility, but even that wont work at the end of the month. It has to do with the server it connects to not being available so ps2/ps3 support is ending.
[+]
By Masterbuyer 2016-03-17 11:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Does work on ps3 with backward compatibility, but even that wont work at the end of the month. It has to do with the server it connects to not being available so ps2/ps3 support is ending.

SE should just port it too PS4 and have the windows layout of the program something like this:

similar to how they have it for blizzard layout both game up change your client SE IS outdated this way they can advertise other games they have.
 Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher
By Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher 2016-03-30 12:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE forgot this was always a console game when they decided to make the pc port the only means to be played.I have tried it on my laptop and its in no way/form better then the X360 version.I know the "master race" will be insulted by this but we dont all enjoy playng on a pc.Also, the upcoming XI app for smart phones/tablets its ridiculous to say the least. PS:The consoles werent "holding" back any development of the game wich btw stops anyway after march 31st.If they just wanted to kill it shoulda just pulled the plug for everyone.My 2 cents,goodbye XI.
By dustinfoley 2016-03-30 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

get some vasoline for that butt hurt....

can xbox/ps2....

Run at 60 fps
Increase the resolution of textures
Use windower (aka addons/plugins)

No? Hm then its not the same experience. K thanks bye.
 Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher
By Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher 2016-03-30 12:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasnt even gonna reply to this but since mr. nerd "master race" here insists... XI was never about graphics and fps, if u had played it from the begining u should know that, also windower is gaining unfair advantage over others so no thanks, ok? Try to grow up before u call others butt hurt,kthxbye.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-30 13:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher said: »
I wasnt even gonna reply to this but since mr. nerd "master race" here insists... XI was never about graphics and fps, if u had played it from the begining u should know that, also windower is gaining unfair advantage over others so no thanks, ok? Try to grow up before u call others butt hurt,kthxbye.
lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-30 13:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Release dates:

PlayStation 2
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
NA October 28, 2003

Xbox 360
NA April 18, 2006

Seems for anyone non-JP, the start was on PC. Atleast that's the way I remember it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher
By Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher 2016-03-30 13:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Release dates:

PlayStation 2
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
NA October 28, 2003

Xbox 360
NA April 18, 2006

Seems for anyone non-JP, the start was on PC. Atleast that's the way I remember it.
The official release was for Ps2 in Japan back in 2001,the pc port wasnt even planned till years after.FF series always belonged to the consoles, wether ppl like to admit it or not.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-30 13:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Or could it be it was planned for BOTH from the start? Shocking I know (and yes it was planned as multi platform PC/PS2 from the get-go.)
By dustinfoley 2016-03-30 13:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually still own a ps1 (slim), ps2 (slim), ps3 (fat), ps3 slim, ps4. So it has nothing to do with being King Nerd of the Master Race. I play ffxi on a laptop because 'that unfair advantage' you mention is pretty much required in FFXI to not be the worst player on the planet.

But hey your quiting right? So i wont have to read about your butt hurt for much longer.
By dustinfoley 2016-03-30 13:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Release dates:

PlayStation 2
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
NA October 28, 2003

Xbox 360
NA April 18, 2006

The official release was for Ps2 in Japan back in 2001,the pc port wasnt even planned till years after.FF series always belonged to the consoles, wether ppl like to admit it or not.

Check your dates buddy

PlayStation 2
JP May 16, 2002
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
JP November 7, 2002
NA October 28, 2003
EU September 17, 2004

Just to translate that...'wasn't planed for years' is basically = released within 6 months of each other...aka simultaneously developed.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-03-30 13:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually still own a ps1 (slim), ps2 (slim), ps3 (fat), ps3 slim, ps4. So it has nothing to do with being King Nerd of the Master Race. I play ffxi on a laptop because 'that unfair advantage' you mention is pretty much required in FFXI to not be the worst player on the planet.

But hey your quiting right? So i wont have to read about your butt hurt for much longer.
It is not required at all. If you need 3rd party crap to be good then you suck. You can not flourish in the natural state of the game. Very sad.
By dustinfoley 2016-03-30 13:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No its not required, but the difference in quality of a player who uses gearswap vs one who uses in game macros is insane.

DD will do more DD, tanks will take less dmg, heal for more, be healed for more,

Mages dont have to time every nuke for pre/mid cast.

etc.

Sure its doable, but the best non gear swap player is gonna be worse than the most basic gear swap player.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-03-30 13:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The mental gymnastics people do to justify cheating is laughable. I love when updates happen and these supposed best players are so helpless their precious gearswap is broken. Can't even leave town. Done here btw, and yes the guy quitting is mega butt hurt.
By dustinfoley 2016-03-30 14:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
The mental gymnastics people do to justify cheating is laughable. I love when updates happen and these supposed best players are so helpless their precious gearswap is broken. Can't even leave town. Done here btw, and yes the guy quitting is mega butt hurt.

The mental gymnastics people do to justify why they are inferior to other players is laughable. I love when someone parses a fight and they instantly counter with 'well i dont use gearswap'.

Gearswap is hardly cheating, just because you are too lazy to set it up. There are blatant cheating apps/addons/plugins/3rd party tools, and gearswap doesnt come close to crossing those same lines.
By Jetackuu 2016-03-30 14:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, hostility.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-30 14:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Release dates:

PlayStation 2
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
NA October 28, 2003

Xbox 360
NA April 18, 2006

Check your dates buddy

PlayStation 2
JP May 16, 2002
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
JP November 7, 2002
NA October 28, 2003
EU September 17, 2004

Just to translate that...'wasn't planed for years' is basically = released within 6 months of each other...aka simultaneously developed.

Are we speaking Japanese in a JP forum about the JP version of this game? I haven't heard one JP in game or out complain that consoles are coming to an end, and they made up the majority of the PS2 install base. It's mostly English speaking console players that can't let it go. It also still does not change the fact it was coded for both platforms from the beginning. Anyone that was following any sort of coverage on the game before it was released would know that.

Everyone has had time to migrate from Xbox to PC and tinker with settings for a while now, plugging in a 360 controller into a PC is literally the same thing as playing on the xbox itself. Doesn't take that long to setup vanilla pol to look 10x's better than what you were used to previously and nothing changes in game as far as gameplay goes. No one is forcing Windower/Ashita on anyone.
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2016-03-30 14:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Oh look, hostility.

Mmmhmm, and you thought hostility only existed on P&R, it found it's way here as well, nice.
By Jetackuu 2016-03-30 14:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kyogi said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Oh look, hostility.

Mmmhmm, and you thought hostility only existed on P&R, it found it's way here as well, nice.
lolno
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-30 14:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Console vs PC has always been a hostile topic, get ready for the incoming PC vs Mobile rants that are sure to come!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-03-30 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I would play the ***out of a Windows tablet ffxi with a controller plugged into it.

I'll sell you my surface pro 3 256gb i5, you know you want it ^.O
By fillerbunny9 2016-03-30 14:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Release dates:

PlayStation 2
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
NA October 28, 2003

Xbox 360
NA April 18, 2006

Check your dates buddy

PlayStation 2
JP May 16, 2002
NA March 23, 2004

Microsoft Windows
JP November 7, 2002
NA October 28, 2003
EU September 17, 2004

Are we speaking Japanese in a JP forum about the JP version of this game? I haven't heard one JP in game or out complain that consoles are coming to an end, and they made up the majority of the PS2 install base. It's mostly English speaking console players that can't let it go. It also still does not change the fact it was coded for both platforms from the beginning. Anyone that was following any sort of coverage on the game before it was released would know that.

Everyone has had time to migrate from Xbox to PC and tinker with settings for a while now, plugging in a 360 controller into a PC is literally the same thing as playing on the xbox itself. Doesn't take that long to setup vanilla pol to look 10x's better than what you were used to previously and nothing changes in game as far as gameplay goes. No one is forcing Windower/Ashita on anyone.

the problem is that this is all about people's feelings of superiority, moral or otherwise, and waving their epeen around as if anyone gave two squirts. "I'm 'pure' because I play the game how I feel it was meant to be played, am therefore superior, and have the bigger epeen!" vs "I use minor tools to play the game to the fullest, thereby offering better damage/support/etc and offering a better chance at victory, therefore my epeen is greater than yours!"
First Page 2 3 4