Farming Beitetsu?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Farming Beitetsu?
Farming Beitetsu?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-16 17:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How are people farming these for the afterglow stage? I know many are spamming Tenzen on VD, but I don't know what setup they go with. Also I only have drk thf and cor jobs available for it, and I've done it countless times on Difficult, but not on VD. Just some general tips would be cool, thanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-03-16 17:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

VD avatar fights are what my server does. A COR can get in for rolls. General setup is BLUx2, COR, GEO, GEO, WHM. BLU's can be replaced by solid other DD's, but in the right party you'll have 2min clears, do 7 runs in around 30min, and with the event you'll get 3x box/parcel in your personal pool each run.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-03-16 17:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Short version: mages sleep and/or silence the tarus, melees use Utsusemi to block everything Tenzen does. Don't WS when he uses Yaegesumi and have mages stand near Tenzen to avoid getting shot.

Scherzo/Earthen Armor and AoE Stoneskin are useful if you keep having trouble with shadows. Amchuchu or any RUN can toss out Valiance for the Fast Cast bonus as well.

Also should be pretty obvious that you'll need more Accuracy/Magic Accuracy compared to D, but the requirements aren't all that high with what's available now compared to when it first came out.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-16 18:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I ain't got access to those avatar fights, so I'll have to consider doing Tenzen instead. Is it still the usual whm brd 3 dd and something else?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-16 18:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Oh I ain't got access to those avatar fights, so I'll have to consider doing Tenzen instead. Is it still the usual whm brd 3 dd and something else?

Or you can just work on getting access first, it shouldn't take long.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-16 18:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I could but I was just told I can do Tenzen in 2-3 mins with 2-3 people with trusts, as long as the BLU is good.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-03-16 18:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, Avatar fights are more efficient than Tenzen. No Yaegasumi or Invincible ***. Don't need to worry about Tarus. Just get in, kill it, and get out.

Just get access. It will take less than 20 minutes and will save you a lot of time in the end.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-16 18:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatars take about the same amount of time, are all but harmless with vex/attunement/barspell, no Yaegasumi/Invincible, shorter run to the BC, etc. I 2box Levi VD, BLU/WAR + GEO/WHM.
By Bloodrose 2016-03-16 18:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Most avatar fights are easy, just get in, toss a pet at it, boom.

Or if you use trusts, Amchuchu is lovely for the elemental resistances.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-16 18:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Ok you have convinced me, I'll look in to it later when I'm done with my LS event. :)
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-03-16 18:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

since you have thief, and cor.

setup i run with
pld/blu thf thf cor brd geo
requi>rudras>rudras takes off like 25+% of its HP
brd sleeps tarus with NT at start
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-16 19:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We farm Levi with 2 blu's and a whm. Use a cor npc and maybe a geo npc. We rarely take 6, usually 4. He's cake.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-17 00:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up getting my forks and doing Titan, but then I warped back and found myself joining a Tenzen with three others; BLU, SAM and GEO. Very easy fight, and it wasn't slow at all. I only ever see shouts for Tenzen on Cerb.

I was going to finish the avatar fights off (no they don't take 20 mins unless you have all the HP crystals, which I don't), but I ran in to a new player and decided to help him instead. I'll get the primes done another day. I just wanted to point out the fact that Tenzen on VD is not hard at all, as long as the BLU is good and knows how to tank.

Thanks for the suggestions anyways :) I'll unlock my avatar fights and try Leviathan VD at some point.
By Afania 2016-03-17 03:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I ended up getting my forks and doing Titan, but then I warped back and found myself joining a Tenzen with three others; BLU, SAM and GEO. Very easy fight, and it wasn't slow at all. I only ever see shouts for Tenzen on Cerb.

I was going to finish the avatar fights off (no they don't take 20 mins unless you have all the HP crystals, which I don't), but I ran in to a new player and decided to help him instead. I'll get the primes done another day. I just wanted to point out the fact that Tenzen on VD is not hard at all, as long as the BLU is good and knows how to tank.

No one is saying tenzen is "hard", we're saying tenzen is less efficient because of invincible and longer HP distance. Remember, you may need to do hundreds of BC for 10k beits. So the extra 1 to 2 min you spend on tenzen quickly adds up when you do bc a hundred times.

If someone know a way to bypass invincible I would like to learn more about it.

A lot of people shout for tenzen VD instead of levi VD because the efficient strategy isn't well known in average PUG community on smaller servers....yet, not because it's better bc to spam.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-03-17 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Cerberus is one of the smallest servers now, outside of JP time, so getting any of them done is fine for me. I'm not in a major rush, I don't have a deadline, so I'll just pick away at whatever's available. Recently I've only seen Tenzen shouts, maybe they're unaware of Leviathan? I don't know. But getting anyone to do anything on Cerberus is a mission in itself, which is why it's very rare that I can join a party without having to make my own. Hence why I have to come here and ask for some first-hand information; which I do appreciate, because if I didn't I would have to go by trial and error and possibly waste others time figuring out what works.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-03-17 16:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzen on VD: Sch, blm x3, Geo Cor. Death upon start follow by a Frag or Dist and Aja aga out last maybe 30 sec. if no issues on gear. Cor rolls always on geo bubble.

Blu x2 Blm Blm Geo Sch works well Blu get Tp asap Each do Darkness SC Blm off set 1 death 1 Comet Sch Light arts TP/Regen cures as needed but hardly needed /nin out in about 90 sec
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-03-19 06:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Tenzen on VD: Sch, blm x3, Geo Cor. Death upon start follow by a Frag or Dist and Aja aga out last maybe 30 sec. if no issues on gear. Cor rolls always on geo bubble.

Blu x2 Blm Blm Geo Sch works well Blu get Tp asap Each do Darkness SC Blm off set 1 death 1 Comet Sch Light arts TP/Regen cures as needed but hardly needed /nin out in about 90 sec

Thanks for the info. Been trying to make a sc mb pt for it but I can't convince ls(they do tenzen melee method) that itll kill faster that way. Now I can finally try it!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [343 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2017-02-25 09:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Aparently Leviathan can be solo'd by BLU/WAR + Trusts on VD

However.............. he keeps dropping Plutons / Riftbolders instead, is there a BC that drops More Beitetsu and Less of the other 2 currency ?
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-25 10:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

However.............. he keeps dropping Plutons / Riftbolders instead, is there a BC that drops More Beitetsu and Less of the other 2 currency ?

I can assure you, this will be the start of a bad day. You might want better support then trusts for a shred of consistency.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-02-25 11:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

I can assure you, this will be the start of a bad day. You might want better support then trusts for a shred of consistency.

Pretty sure Stamos goes either Blu/War or Blu/Run and does this with trusts until he runs out of merits and rinse/repeats on the regular without issue.

Edit: on the regular = everyday not normal he does on VD
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-02-25 11:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

^ What Nite said, and pretty much have done it with every trust in the game. Testing if they have any redeemable qualities. Generally go a couple times a week, even killed it a few times with every trust dying on pull.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-25 12:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Stamos is Special though.

Would be nice to know exactly what spells he sets and his strat per avatar so everyone can copy
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-02-25 12:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Occultation is a must. That's all lol
By fillerbunny9 2017-02-25 12:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that Leviathan really "prefers" one type of currency over another. mind, I do not have definitive parses of the couple hundred times I have done it right now, but all said and done seemed a relatively even distribution to me. some days were Beitetsu heavy, others it was all Plutons all day long. in the end, it's going to balance out, and just sell what you do not need. (this is literally how I funded Tizona - between getting Boulders for Almace, selling Plutons for Alexandrite, and stockpiling Beitetsu to "immediately" Afterglow.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-25 15:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxidb.com/zones/211/leviathan-prime
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-02-25 15:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah levi loves to 1shot anything resembling a whm trust on pull so i just duo with my brd for double the drops and 0 of the headache
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-02-25 16:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to let your trusts get hit by anything except astral flow (tidal wave), which he won't do on pull. All of his other tp moves can be stopped if the target runs slightly out of melee range. For waterja just move away from your trusts while it's casting, or use your procs on it.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-02-25 17:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it's a positioning thing i'll usually *** up 1/14 fights lol
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-25 17:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The trick is to use the different procs to stun any dangerous moves while getting in position. So save voke for blue proc stun if you see Waterja or Grand Fall, and use yellow (any spell) to stun him right when you aggro. As soon as Shell V is on from your trusts, you're pretty much safe.

VD Levi is totally doable on a non-REMA BLU/WAR, provided you do the above, and have a -DT set to turtle in for Grand Fall. 3-4 min clears, all the stones will be yours, and it drops all varieties w/ equal consistency.

Edit: after Tidal Wave, all procs reset, so you get another 3 free stuns to use how you see fit.
First Page 2