Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Pet ws sets
Pet ws sets
By dustinfoley 2016-02-12 18:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So i think i have finally graduated to needing a more advanced gearswap.

I took the kinematics one and pluged in my own gear, but i cant get pet ws sets to work.

Do i have to do anything special with pet ws sets for pup?

sets.midcast.Pet.WeaponSkill = {head="Karagoz Capello", hands="Cirque Guanti +2", legs="Karagoz Pantaloni", feet="Naga Kyahan", back="Dispersa mantle"}

doesnt swap in any gear. I have it set to offense mode (normal).

I have tried with me engaged, with just pet engaged, etc, nothing makes it want to swap in before pets ws
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-02-12 18:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Automaton WS are instant. So, you would have to ask about packets or make a pet ws macro for when your pet gets 1000 tp
By dustinfoley 2016-02-12 18:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting i saw it was already in the kinematics one so i assumed if it handled instant maneuvers it would do instant weapon skills
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [468 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-05-25 09:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

NECRO BUMP!!

I know but, it was still on thee first page, and I the subject line is exactly what I want to talk about.

I'm not rehashing "Gearswap doesn't detect Automaton WS's!?!?"

I'm specifically thinking about what sets would I manually swap in for Automaton Weaponskills. I haven't been swapping in sets. I have a good automaton store tp set, and I weaponskill very frequently, and I've liked the damage pretty well so far, but I want to stretch it a bit. Doesn't anyone have good sets worked out for the different automaton weaponskills?
By clearlyamule 2017-05-25 10:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of it's pretty obvious and dependent on how far you are willing to go to make sets for that specific ws. Like tp bonus for the ones modified by tp. DA for multi hits.

Stat mods for all (though for ranged ones I'd consider agi since it boosts base dmg a bit on it's own so they add about the same amount of dmg as the ones with a 50% dex mod), and of course str and acc can't hurt.

A lot of this if you really want to go all out is going to be really well auged reisin gear so might be awhile especially with stat mods being so different.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-05-25 10:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes!

ItemSet 351482
This set is for Chimera Ripper, Arcuballista, and Daze. They all have good TP modifiers, so you get more out of Dispersal Mantle(Pet Tp Bonus +500 is what you want) and Empy Helm than you do from other options. Ohrmazd can be augmented with TP bonus or Pet: STR DEX VIT. You get all three of the stat augments which makes it great for basically every single WS. If you only want a single Ohrmazd, shoot for 15+ to pet stats with acc of at least 20 and Double Attack+Critical Hit +3~4.

Chimera Ripper is modified by STR, so you want STR and acc/atk for it. To be honest though, if you are using Valor Edge you REALLY want to have Bone Crusher going off, so unless you just REALLY want to, I wouldn't build a STR set of Herculean.

Arcuballista and Daze both have Dex mods, which is well worth building because both Armor Shatterer and Armor Piercer are DEX based.

ItemSet 351481

Sets for Armor Shatterer and Bone Crusher look pretty much the same, but the augments are different. For Armor Shatterer you want full DEX on everything. As I mentioned a moment ago, Ohrmazd kicks *** here because one weapon can serve as your swap for every WS. Armor Shatterer doesn't seem to benefit as much from attack and obviously gains nothing from double attack, so swap accessories around for that as needed.

Bone Crusher is still the Automaton's best WS. It's also more difficult to gear for well. Bone Crusher transfers ftp across all hits, making double attack real fuggin' good for it. Ideally you want Herculean gear with double attack and VIT+ on it. I really like Ohrmazd again here because it's WAAAAY easier to get a high VIT(Along with str and dex which is nice) along with 4% Double attack, making it better than Condemners as far as I am concerned.

Because MAGA exists, it's nowhere near as bad to make well augmented Reisenjima gear. I'd recommend Taupe for most of it, but on your Bone Crusher set Fern is decent.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-05-25 11:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

THANK YOU TRU!!
That is perfect! better than I hoped for!

Part of me wants to use Karagoz Pantaloni +1 for a few of'em
for the stat+

It seems like stat+ does more than attack + for most pup stuff.

yes/no/maybe?
By clearlyamule 2017-06-02 22:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So speaking of stat+ is it just mean or is herc gear weird with it? Like making dex sets super easy. Got a full set of +15s in less than 100 stones.

And after a several hundred have yet to see a vit or agi above 10 but got the playset of 10 agi again with just a few stones. Everything else gotten 15s fairly easily. And in case anyone was wonder while I didn't track vit the whole time I did track agi and went thru a full stack of taupe stacks plus another 250 stones already stored.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-03 01:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible. My DEX set kicks the ***out of my VIT set, but with MAGA I'm considering just pumping out infinity stones until I have the best Bone Crusher set humanly possible.

I am curious though, what do you want an AGI set for on PUP? It's nearly worthless at this point.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-06-03 04:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Possible. My DEX set kicks the ***out of my VIT set, but with MAGA I'm considering just pumping out infinity stones until I have the best Bone Crusher set humanly possible.

I am curious though, what do you want an AGI set for on PUP? It's nearly worthless at this point.
Mostly for testing but also if I really want to go all out for Arcuballista and armor shatterer.

Been trying to work out formulas better but the fact that the ws formulas they gave us are completely wrong is hampering it a little but from what I've tested agi increases ranged base dmg more than dex does by about as much as the dex mods on those ws do. So I've found adding agi or dex results in about the same dmg increase.

But mostly it's to get more concrete numbers to show how horribly off the ws info they gave us is since it's something that effects base dmg that isn't fstr and isn't a ws stat mod. Always felt like they were a bit off but playing around recently has show me ranged autos are several underperforming... and also are currently have the lower hit rate caps on top of it though it did oddly seem to go up when I was using wind maneuvers lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-03 08:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's interesting. I know some of the information they gave out was wrong, but I figured it was in the ballpark. But now that I think about it, Magic Mortar is off by a shitload and the community reps argued with me when I went out and tested it, proving that the ***they said was off by a shitload. So yeah.

Welp, I guess I am going to go farm up ANOTHER set of Hercs armor and make an AGI set. Guess that's what I am doing today.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-03 12:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they will argue regardless like they initially did to all the calls about the geo spells being much powerful than other spells with similar values with that effect... and then when they finally check it out oh boy were they off

It's somewhat niche given it only really meats dex in dmg on 2 ws at least in the ranges I saw (was only adding like 30 I think) but the slightly higher racc is nice or just stronger ranged hits... but this difficulty of getting higher than 10 is troubling. Even got 3 10s in a row and still nothing higher lol.
By Teuphist 2017-06-05 21:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Welp, I guess I am going to go farm up ANOTHER set of Hercs armor and make an AGI set. Guess that's what I am doing today.

I have to say Tru, 30k+ Knockouts might encourage you to keep that AGI set as well.
By clearlyamule 2017-06-12 13:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I should revise my previous statement. I'd assumed that since agi was adding about as much dmg as dex to arcuballista that has a stated 50% dex mod that for daze with a stated 100% dex mod agi would obviously be no where near as. My mistake was trusting SE.

Some light testing has indicated the 2 actually have exactly the same dex mod (which is actually more like mid 40% but maybe has level correct still idk) which would explain why no matter how much dex you stack Arcu always does more dmg or how despite having the same ftp as knockout and a 100% mod and ranged having higher base dmg that it can't get anywhere near the 30k knockout stated above

Given this and the fact the ftps are clearly way off and the hub bub about flameholder and I think magic mortar on the OFF At this point I'd seriously doubt any of the actual numbers they gave us for auto ws. Which stats are mods and relative ftps seem about accurate but yeah something super funky
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [632 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Diamondvr
Server: Phoenix
user: diamondvr
By Phoenix.Diamondvr 2019-03-06 09:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pitre Taj +3: Pet Acc/R.Acc +37 Pet Atk/R.Atk +57 Crit Hit Dmg +5% vs. Karagoz Capello+1: Automaton TP Bonus 550

Thoughts?

Personally like the Pitre piece.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-06 10:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends which WS. Arcuballista, Daze and Chimera Ripper benefit a bunch from TP Bonus due to their high fTP scaling(Arcuballista alone goes from 7.0 @1000 to 10.0 @2000). Most of the others would be better off with something like Pitre probably.