Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is it worth coming back if you need to make 500m+G
Is it worth coming back if you need to make 500m+G
By cervelo84 2016-02-11 06:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 mythics, I see these huge requirements to make your mythic i119. Add to that the HQ gear from Escha which seems essential if you want to hit hard (and HQ is required for getting into the best groups?)

Crap and I forgot about my Verethragna. So yea, it just seems like a huge grind and what will that get you? Are these mythics i119 going to allow for you to solo some of the harder endgames events with trusts?

Is everyone happy with the fact you get afterglow but have to grind for it or overall are most disappointed with the update?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2016-02-11 07:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need HQ gear from Escha-Sky to be able to do Reisen NMs, NQ can do ;)
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-11 07:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to throw it down and put it into prospective.
In 2 days of farming and grinding high-teir battlefields, Tenzen and O/U on Very difficult with a 6 man crew, Last time i checked in with LSmates they required 6000 boulders to complete. And that was with their last comment on Linkshell almost an hour before they went to bed.

This is a group of people with basically full Reisen armor for the most part, and for the most part (Bar me basically) are full mythics on their mains, so, it's not so much a 500+Mil grind, by no stretch of the imagination.

If anyone who's active and reading this, and your Not farming, GO FARM.
If a half assed crew of semi-asleep brits, germans and americans can do it, so can you!
-.^

I Garentee you by the end of this week, that people who've sat their *** down and grind are probably going to have afterglowed something. Barter with people, strike deals, such as "I'll trade you xxx plutons for xxx Boulders" or whatever. If you Genuinely want these weapons, and genuinely want to finish, then the simple solution is to grind. You grinded to finish a mythic, then grind again to afterglow it. -.^

The current campaign allowing for such a huge grind and haul finishes on the 16th of February.

In response of the title, it's only worth it if you make it worth it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-11 07:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So, would you come back just to "finish" your mythics or would you use that in content to enjoy the game again? Why bother coming back if you just want to i119 III your mythic just to leave until the next update to them?
[+]
By cervelo84 2016-02-11 07:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I guess I am still burnt out from high tier fights, I just see what the daily grind will be and am turned off. I guess my only other question would be what does having a i119 mythic mean now? Are they going to be insane? Or just meh? If I can solo stuff like delve? (or do I still need a stunner :( ) Or will not much change in terms of soloing?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-11 08:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said:
Yes, it's worth it
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-11 08:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't enter delve solo. So in that regard no, you wont be able too, but otherwise, heavily dependent on the mythic.
Nirvanna SMN can teir apart any delve with 2hours and trust tanks. and have been able to for nearly what, nearly a year?
All the delves can be soloed by a SCH otherwise.

Almost all the Reisen T1s are soloable by a BLU with trusts.

And the value of the Mythics is Highly dependent on what it is. Yagrush, Burt, Koga and Banana sword are still the best weapons apart from their afterglowed versions for their respective jobs.
and Banana sword is only getting replaced unless it's either for Nuking, or for i believe Almace, for the simple fact for the huge DPS jump created by it.

Again though, the games what YOU make of it, NOT what the facts and statistics show.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2016-02-11 10:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
You can't enter delve solo. So in that regard no, you wont be able too, but otherwise, heavily dependent on the mythic.
Nirvanna SMN can teir apart any delve with 2hours and trust tanks. and have been able to for nearly what, nearly a year?
All the delves can be soloed by a SCH otherwise.

Almost all the Reisen T1s are soloable by a BLU with trusts.

And the value of the Mythics is Highly dependent on what it is. Yagrush, Burt, Koga and Banana sword are still the best weapons apart from their afterglowed versions for their respective jobs.
and Banana sword is only getting replaced unless it's either for Nuking, or for i believe Almace, for the simple fact for the huge DPS jump created by it.

Again though, the games what YOU make of it, NOT what the facts and statistics show.

I think you can enter delve solo now
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-02-11 10:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »

Requires a minimum party of 3.
By fonewear 2016-02-11 11:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Draylo said:
Yes, it's worth it

Plot twist: No, it's worth it !
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-11 11:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »

You can't i tried yesterday.
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-11 11:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Draylo said:
Yes, it's worth it
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-11 12:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note on Delve, the enemy HP scaling applies down to groups of 3, and it's extremely noticeable. While most of the enemies were already easy these days, you're looking at T1-3 NMs having around 60-75k and T4-5 having around 100k. Bosses seem to be around 120-150k. I haven't checked, but I presume these values are the same outside of Delve, which would make them extremely easy to solo (though likely a shitty way to generate Plutons, etc since their drop rate is much worse).
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-11 13:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anybody is wondering, Tojil is a joke 4-manned (2 dual boxed mules) as BLU BLM GEO GEO. Didn't even bother with Mata's mechanic, straight killed it with WS spam.

Only reason we brought GEO mules was for plasm.