Considering A Return.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Considering a return.
Considering a return.
By Lariae 2016-02-11 02:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

When I last left, it was at the start of the Aldouin expansion. I believe there was the bee, shark and t-rex boss (Only cleared the t-rex and almost the shark.) I'm considering coming back, I had a decently geared PUP, A bard with Gjallarhorn and 3 songs, but I was wondering.. Has SE done anything to improve advancement of RME? As in.. Is it still a massive chroe to collect the plates for me to get 4 songs? How long does getting a new relic take? Is it all the same? Do you guys think it is worth playing?

How is bard? PUP? BST? MNK? These were my favorite jobs =P
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2016-02-11 03:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed the bandwagon BST phase, it's started to simmer down a bit finally

I rarely use BRD for anything, since GEO is just a lot better in almost every situation, and COR can give me store tp.

Plates are still a pain, but they've been having a VNM campaign pop up periodically (one just finished last month), which makes farming plates as simple as popping the NM and zerging it to death. New relics are easy to make, althought with the recent upgrade to them, you might expect dynamis currency to spike. You can use trusts in dynamis now tho, so farming currency is a breeze.

Is it worth playing? If you like the game, absolutely.
By Hannahmontana 2016-02-11 03:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

pup is a beast now it literally can tank anything in the game (check job forum for a guide)

bst still is nice b ut less effective then it used to be
(you havta almost be mounting the mob for your abilty to go off lol)

brd is ok but yeah geo is the mega support now

mnk i dont see a point lol pup does what mnk can do and more so use the jobs you like to play and try diff things out really best advice.
By Lariae 2016-02-12 01:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Salvage be entered solo yet or is it still 3 people? I could solo salvage before i left but always needed extra people just to get in. If I come back to play PUP i would want to finish the mythic i think..
 Carbuncle.Jashin
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jashin
By Carbuncle.Jashin 2016-02-12 01:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage can be solo'd and entered by a single person ( '-')b
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-02-12 01:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloable, Min. 1 person entry. Can do multiple salvages a day with correct KI from Rhapsodies of Vanadiel storyline.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-02-12 01:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, lolPUP is not beast. Be an lolPUP and you will literally get as many invites as a BRD will, zilch.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-12 02:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit approximately the same time you did. I came back and struggled through the frustration of having to catch up.

I do not want to discourage you, but you should know that there are sharks in the water.

The issues you will find is this:

* A well geared geo is better than a better-geared bard in almost every situation, and the few places it isn't, you still won't miss the bard, save for Scherzo.

* For your melee jobs, you're going to struggle with accuracy. If you have friends still playing, you'll need help (to be carried) through easy zi'tah/reisenjima NMs so that you have the accuracy to even gain CP in groups. You can CP solo, but the worst groups are many times faster than what most jobs can do solo.

* You need 1050 accuracy completely unbuffed (at least) to participate in these parties. In the traditional setup (melee/tank, melee, geo, nuker, nuker, nuker), noone cares how much damage your ws's do, so long as you can make Darkness or Light. I'll invite a monk to a group as quick as I'll invite a DNC or BLU (two of the best melee dd) if they have the accuracy.

* People just aren't using melee in most high-end content, even though you're a while from there. There's rarely more than one melee on the boss because melee take a severe performance hit gearing to survive AOEs, and cost the healers MP. Casters don't take much of a hit at all if they're vulnerable to AOEs and usually they aren't. Pup is a special case, but it requires a lot of gear.

IE, my blu in full DT gear loses accuracy, double attack, triple attack, haste, etc. My GEO in full DT gear loses a few points of auto-refresh.

---

If you like bard, you'll probably like GEO. The truth is that XI is the same in this regard as it always has been: You have to grind out jobs you may not like to gear the jobs you love. In a CP (Capacity Point setting), rather than healing with the whm, you're nuking with the mages usually. Though GEO can heal CP groups fairly well and sustain mp by magic-bursting Aspir off of Darkness skillchains.

GEO is the new princess job and is very easy to hit soft-cap on. People will kiss the ground you walk on if you're good at it. So it's the new bard, while bard shivers in the cold outside.
By Lariae 2016-02-12 18:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I reactivated.. Patching while im at work. I guess what I need is a good goal. I want to make a mythic I think since o hadn't done that yet. But unsure of what class to do it on. Or if GEO is fun I guess I could give that a try. I get the most enjoyment from the game being useful. Some call it bandwagoning but hey I'm cool with that. When I left Geo was pretty bad

Or perhaps just not understood nyet.. But it seems things have changed. How is bst? Is that mythic worth getting?.. Kinda makes me aad my bard is not saught after.. Spent months making the duar and horn D:
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-12 20:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lariae said: »
How is bst? Is that mythic worth getting?

BST was recently nerfed so that you have to be in range of most aoes to use ready/reward. It's a touchy subject but the long and the short of it is that pets were Invincible and the masters were safe from ever dying and SE got tired of it.

Like everything else they nerf, they didn't nerf it til years later, but still here we are.

However, bst can have ready on 10s recast so makes it one of the strongest cleavers in the game with chapuli (grasshopper).