users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Skillchains
DRK Skillchains
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-02-07 05:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been having a lot of fun with skillchains on apex crabs since getting my liberator, though i am having difficulty in getting a 6 step skillchain to work correctly. I have been trying. Insurgency > Vorpal Scythe > Entropy > Guillotine > Entropy > Insurgency. But this dosen't always connect when i go for my second Entropy.

I find Insurgency > Entropy > Quietus > Quietus works onders for double darkness as this kick starts the AM3 and deals significant dps.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Anyone got anything to add to improve the dps here? One things for sure, its going to be exciting post update next week :)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-07 05:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bloodlusty said: »
I find Insurgency > Entropy > Quietus > Quietus works onders for double darkness as this kick starts the AM3 and deals significant dps.

Cross Reaper is also Distortion and does much better then Quietus at 1000TP.

Four step double dark
Insurgency -> Entropy -> Cross Reaper -> Quietus

Five step double dark
Cross Reaper -> Insurgency -> Entropy -> Cross Reaper -> Quietus

Four step light, Infernal is pretty powerful if you happen to have Maliase present.

Entropy (or Infernal) -> Guillotine -> Entropy (or Infernal) -> Insurgency

The problem with multi-steps is that each additional step shortens the timing window. This shortening isn't a big deal with 4 steps but 5 and 6 become difficult to do solo if your not a SAM who's over-TPing anyway. I'd suggest sticking with four step SC's, they give you a huge damage boost while being fairly easy to execute consistently.
[+]
 Siren.Bloodlusty
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-02-07 09:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks, I will try this out
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-07 13:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So cool, makes me want to log in to the game and try it out; but I'm waiting on the REMs update before I consider taking DRK to master. Love seeing another UK dude using a Liberator, I bet there's not many of us around :p

Could you post ya gearsets please Blood? I still ain't done the escha stuff and wondering what to aim for.
 Leviathan.Aqeeb
Server: Leviathan
user: Aqeeb
By Leviathan.Aqeeb 2016-02-07 14:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice DRK! I've been working on gear sets and skillchains for mine as well. Logging in right now to try that light chain Saevel posted! I would be interested in seeing some gear sets you guys are using.
 Siren.Bloodlusty
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-02-07 15:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Could you post ya gearsets please Blood? I still ain't done the escha stuff and wondering what to aim for.

Can't you see I'm full time heathens? ;p

If you search me you get the general idea. I still need valorous mitts and body. I have some high accuracy and attack augs, but really want some store tp slots so will keep trying. As far as ws set up I make some minor gorget / belt changes, still a long way to go with armour choices to further boost dmg. A work in fun progress
 Siren.Bloodlusty
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-02-08 00:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

5 Step single light

Vorpal scythe > Shadow of death > Guillotine > Entropy > Insurgency